Team-BHP - My Verna Beast 1350kms ownership review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   My Verna Beast 1350kms ownership review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/40284-my-verna-beast-1350kms-ownership-review.html)

Hi All,

Finally, i got my hands on my Dream Car - Verna CRDi with ABS 110 BHP Raw Power. Lot of drama's that took place about before getting my hands on it. Now that all past and everyday is a brand new day with a smile on my face as long as i'am in my car clap:.

Experience:

1. Power and Torque are awesome . Will scare the passengers for sure.
2. the NVH levels are very low. Since i upsized to 195/60R14 Bridgestone Potenza GIII
3. The driving comfort is good.
4. Handling is good, after the upsize.
5. The gear shift was smooth and there was a light tick sound while shifting and i liked it.
6. Braking is excellent.
7. I kept the vehicle at 2500 rpm and the speed was showing 100kmph .
8. Build quality is good . No rattles.
9. When the engine is running and idle , we can hear the engine clatter sound. But once we are on the move ,does not sound like a CRDi, people think its a petrol.

Fuel Efficiency :
Gives me 18 kmpl without AC in the City and on the Highway gave me 20 without AC and this because I never crossed 100kmph as its still a new car and did not want to spoil the engine.

Modification and Accessories:

1. Got the 3M 35RE Sunflim done.

2. Replaced stock tyres 185 / 70 with 195 / 60, Bridgestone Potenza GIII.

3. ICE Setup:

Pioneer 6050 HU
Infinity Reference serise and componet set

4. Autocop

5. Ganesh Idol to keep the beast, me and passengers safe druing travel.

6. Upgraded to 90W/100W Philips Bulbs with ceramic Holders and Relay from Roots

7. Changed the horn to Bosh[Skoda type] works well, even the bus and lorries give way. Autos move to the side without out a fuss.

Performance and ride quality:

Driving has been a total pleasure.

The gear shifts are extremely smooth and the torque delivery is too good even at lower gears the beast seems just rushing to go even without any rev. Even a small push to the accelerator zooms the vehicle forward and that feels good, though chances of doing that in peak Bangalore traffic.

Ride quality is pretty good,Turing radius is very comfortable for Bangalore. Car tends to drag a bit towards the left. need to get it checked during the 1st service.

Interiors:
I felt the interiors were looking very good, the car is very inviting. Seating in the front is extremely comfortable with lumbar support. Have retained the stock seats itself and not added seat covers.

What I did not like was the way the AC vents were designed, no doubt the AC is very powerful and cools the car in a instant, the driver, hardly gets any of that, The AC vents are blocked by the steering wheel and if I need to feel the AC, I need to lean towards the left a bit so that i can get to cool my face. AC from the vents hit the steering wheel and cool your hande only.

Has anyone else faced this???? I guess Hyundai need to work on the AC vent design on the Verna.

Exteriors:
Not much to talk about exteriors except that the Fog Lights are not well designed and do not provide any use and are just a show stuff, turning them on does not make any difference as they hardly provide any light on the road. One need to get down and walk up to the front to see if they are switched on.

Added a Sport metal badge which created a buzz where ever I go, lots of Verna guys, pull up and ask me, "What's the Sport version all about and when did it get launched and whats new in it"

Even Advaith Hyundai Service Center were puzzled about the Verna Sport and wanted to know when was this launched and how come they were not updated on the same.

Brakes:

Thanks to me sticking on to ABS, the disc's on all four tries are really effective and were a boon during the heavy rains, on the outer ring road.

Thanks to all for reading through and I also thank all of my fellow t-bhpian's for recommending me towards Verna.

This Saturday, my beast is off to its 1st Free Service. Will post more updates now that its completed its run in period.

I hope the Pics posted will do the rest of the talking.

Regards,
Sajan.

Hmmm.... Verna CRDi has now become a overwhelming TBHP favorite!

Cool car dude. Enjoy maadi.

Sajands, amazing initial ownership report and you covered each point very nicely. I feel some of the review matches mine when i bought my viva crdi. Especially the AC part, where the driver hardly gets anylol:

I had a chance to drive a fellow tbpian's verna a few days ago and i concur with you, its a beast. Now the most important part is how it handles over 120-130kmph, do update us after you cross that mark.

Quote:

Originally Posted by phantom76 (Post 845792)
Hmmm.... Verna CRDi has now become a overwhelming TBHP favorite!

Cool car dude. Enjoy maadi.

Hey phantom76,

Thanks a lot. In fact when the Verna first came out, i was not a great fan of it and now i'am in love with the beast.

Regards,
Sajan

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 845794)
Sajands, amazing initial ownership report and you covered each point very nicely. I feel some of the review matches mine when i bought my viva crdi. Especially the AC part, where the driver hardly gets anylol:

I had a chance to drive a fellow tbpian's verna a few days ago and i concur with you, its a beast. Now the most important part is how it handles over 120-130kmph, do update us after you cross that mark.

Hey mobike008,

Thanks a ton. I do beleive that Hyundai needs to work on the AC vent design, Well about the 120-130 mark, need to explore that will keep you all updated once i cross that mark.

Regards,
Sajan

Hi Sajan congrats on you new drive pal !. So the its confirmed that the tyre upgrade does change your handling for the good eh?

This is a nice review of your new car , My verna is also due for a tyre change @ 40000 KMS ( i have already passed that ) I am planning to taken on 195/65/R14s G-III Potenzas from the Bridgestone stable. will update the details on my long term ownership review thread.

And drive safe , as with power ( of over a 100 horses) comes responsibility ! safe motoring pal !

mugen hyundai verna, i think not. the badges need to go. heck i am removing my badges of hyundai and accent both and you are adding them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jesal (Post 845813)
mugen hyundai verna, i think not. the badges need to go. heck i am removing my badges of hyundai and accent both and you are adding them.

Hey jesal,

Why are you taking off the hyundai and accent badges??? what are you going to replace them with? let me know, i felt that the VGT and Mugen Power worked well.

Regards,
Sajan

Quote:

Originally Posted by hellstar (Post 845811)
Hi Sajan congrats on you new drive pal !. So the its confirmed that the tyre upgrade does change your handling for the good eh?

This is a nice review of your new car , My verna is also due for a tyre change @ 40000 KMS ( i have already passed that ) I am planning to taken on 195/65/R14s G-III Potenzas from the Bridgestone stable. will update the details on my long term ownership review thread.

And drive safe , as with power ( of over a 100 horses) comes responsibility ! safe motoring pal !

Hey hellstar,

Thanks a lot. you were the initial inspiration for me to go and get myself the beast. After I read your review and followed your posts. The Bridgestone Potenza is really good tires.

I feel that the car tends to drag towards the left, did you have any similar experience???

Regards,
Sajan.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sajands (Post 845820)
Hey hellstar,

Thanks a lot. you were the initial inspiration for me to go and get myself the beast. After I read your review and followed your posts. The Bridgestone Potenza is really good tires.

I feel that the car tends to drag towards the left, did you have any similar experience???

Regards,
Sajan.

Yes, some of the vernas have this issue , especially the CRDi ones. But i thought that this was rectified by hyundai in the latest version of the vernas , especially in the ABS versions. Just let the A.S.S know about this and they should be able to rectify it for you, do this after you have checked pressure in all your tyres... . In my knowledge hyundai had this set of rework done for the ABS version , to address issues with earlier versions of the Verna

1. Suspension reworked for stability at higher speeds
2. Rear right door not closing properly
3. Excessive smoke from a minor issue with the EGR
4. Pulling towards left issue.

So rest assured that you are driving a better Verna ....my car now at almost 41K KMS on the odo and still catches me off guard sometime with her vast reserves of power now that i have added the Pete's box also. I am currently waiting for the stock replacement filter from Green Cotton to arrive .Once you get used to the 100 horses you definitely should think about the Petes box , especially if you do a lot of in city driving ...

Nice review Sajan, the ABS should exert equal pressure and also the wheels have load sensors (usually) to help the ABS work properly.

Like hellstar mentioned, get it checked immediately.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hellstar (Post 845832)
Yes, some of the vernas have this issue , especially the CRDi ones. But i thought that this was rectified by hyundai in the latest version of the vernas , especially in the ABS versions. Just let the A.S.S know about this and they should be able to rectify it for you, do this after you have checked pressure in all your tyres... . In my knowledge hyundai had this set of rework done for the ABS version , to address issues with earlier versions of the Verna

1. Suspension reworked for stability at higher speeds
2. Rear right door not closing properly
3. Excessive smoke from a minor issue with the EGR
4. Pulling towards left issue.

So rest assured that you are driving a better Verna ....my car now at almost 41K KMS on the odo and still catches me off guard sometime with her vast reserves of power now that i have added the Pete's box also. I am currently waiting for the stock replacement filter from Green Cotton to arrive .Once you get used to the 100 horses you definitely should think about the Petes box , especially if you do a lot of in city driving ...

Hey Hellstar,

Thanks for the update. will make sure to get Pulling towards left issue checked and does the Excessive smoke from a minor issue with the EGR occur with the new verna CDRi???? I guess will wait for an year to go by and then get the pete kit. I thought K&N stock filter was supposed to be most recommened than the green cotton.

Regards,
Sajan.

Hi All,

Has any Verna fellow t-bhpian got the fog lights with Crystal Vision for Fog-Light??? Crystal Vision H7 is the same wattage (55 watts) does it work well in terms of providing light.

Regards,
Sajan

Quote:

Originally Posted by dadu (Post 845846)
Nice review Sajan, the ABS should exert equal pressure and also the wheels have load sensors (usually) to help the ABS work properly.

Like hellstar mentioned, get it checked immediately.

Hello Dadu sir,

Thanks a ton. will get it checked, i hope you had a great yelagri trip. missed it. will join in next time.

Regards,
Sajan.

even I've been pulling the badging off the car, and MGF hyundai keep slyly placing it back after every service.:Frustrati

Mugen for a verna?:Shockked:
normal people may think its cool, but an auto enthusiast may look down on you.

please, please please, remove the mugen sticker.