Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2009, 17:22   #151
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 344
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Hey djay,
Do you know which parts where removed to lower down the price of the Getz Crdi? I too remember the rear de-fogger being a default in the older batches. And i remember even the spoilers being there.
ShyamSCrdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2009, 11:47   #152
Senior - BHPian
 
djay99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cork, Ireland
Posts: 1,456
Thanked: 491 Times
Default

Shyam,

1] Rear defogger was available earlier.
2] The engine cover which reads 16V Crdi was painted earlier (silver&red).
3] Spoiler was not available in earlier version also.
4] I also heard that air filter was costing earlier over 1K. Now it costs some 300 bucks. I think the earlier filters were imported from korea.

I don't know what other changes have been done if any.
djay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2009, 13:04   #153
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 344
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Hmmm thats quiet a few if you ask me. They could have instead had variants. Don't know what they are thinking.
ShyamSCrdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2009, 14:25   #154
Senior - BHPian
 
kpzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 5,545
Thanked: 1,598 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Shyam,

1] Rear defogger was available earlier.
2] The engine cover which reads 16V Crdi was painted earlier (silver&red).
3] Spoiler was not available in earlier version also.
4] I also heard that air filter was costing earlier over 1K. Now it costs some 300 bucks. I think the earlier filters were imported from korea.

I don't know what other changes have been done if any.
Djay & shyam

These things have nothing to do with the price cut as these changes were made prior to the price cut.

1] Only on cars manufactured till Dec 2007
2] The cost of Silver/Red cover was Rs 7800/-. I think it was being imported from Korea then.
3] True
4] Filter was same as in Verna. Rs 300



5] Gear and Handbrake knob had chrome earlier.
6] Fog lamps
7] Some kind of round box inside one of the cup holders.
kpzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2009, 14:30   #155
Senior - BHPian
 
djay99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cork, Ireland
Posts: 1,456
Thanked: 491 Times
Default

Looks like hyundai never wanted to sell Getz with a diesel engine. Its because of competition and dealer pressure they launched it.
The engine and transmission is very costly and hence they did not bring in variants other than GVS. Still they took over 8 months just to plonk a diesel engine of Verna in Getz which they could have done much earlier. This would have helped them in selling some good numbers.

I wish they should have launched a premium sports version with rear disc+ABS+EBD and 15" alloys and some cool graphics. They should have also changed the fake wooden plastic on the dashboard and fitted some thing which is available in new Accent version.
djay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2009, 16:21   #156
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 344
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Djay & shyam

These things have nothing to do with the price cut as these changes were made prior to the price cut.

1] Only on cars manufactured till Dec 2007
2] The cost of Silver/Red cover was Rs 7800/-. I think it was being imported from Korea then.
3] True
4] Filter was same as in Verna. Rs 300



5] Gear and Handbrake knob had chrome earlier.
6] Fog lamps
7] Some kind of round box inside one of the cup holders.
All these at a premium or at the same rate? Hope the i20 to India does come with the 1.6 Crdi with the 4 cylinders, that way crdis will be a super hit. ( then probably they could give great exchange offers to the getz crdi owners )
ShyamSCrdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2009, 13:03   #157
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 1,457
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyamSCrdi View Post
All these at a premium or at the same rate? Hope the i20 to India does come with the 1.6 Crdi with the 4 cylinders, that way crdis will be a super hit. ( then probably they could give great exchange offers to the getz crdi owners )
ha ha very true, but now 1.6 crdi doesnt seems coming for i20, what if may they launch same verna's diesel engine in i20 as well like they did with getz.
vijaythacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2009, 13:55   #158
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 344
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
ha ha very true, but now 1.6 crdi doesnt seems coming for i20, what if may they launch same verna's diesel engine in i20 as well like they did with getz.
Very true! But i heard somewhere that verna engine is imported and on the getz it is a loss for hyundai. If that is the case then i20 diesal vehicles would hit the 8 lakh range. So i think the i20s would have only the 1.3 75bhp in offering.
ShyamSCrdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Getz Prime 1.5 CRDi - Bright Silver EDIT: 74,000 kms update undead Long-Term Ownership Reviews 822 24th January 2013 21:06
Passion Red Getz CRDi VGT - Now Delivered : 3000km Update 4strings Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 44 24th March 2011 13:18
Kencha- Getz Prime CRDi-VGT Anju Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 149 13th August 2009 06:47
Verna Crdi Vs GetZ Crdi. EDIT : Finalising on Getz! aks_karthik Hatchbacks 74 17th May 2009 10:22
Getz prime 1.3 is overpriced than previous getz ( old one )? hrishig The Indian Car Scene 3 30th April 2007 10:29


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:57.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks