Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2009, 12:05   #91
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 344
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

I too get that weird sound :( . It deters you from driving slow and hence loss of fuel efficiency. I like driving the car at 75 KM/H but then the brrr sound puts me off and i shift down. What should be done. I am taking it to trident service station at Jakkasandra shall ask him about this.
ShyamSCrdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2009, 15:47   #92
Senior - BHPian
 
djay99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cork, Ireland
Posts: 1,456
Thanked: 491 Times
Default

Shyam, the burr sound in my car was becuase of the tires i had earlier (michelin pp1).
Because of that sound i replaced the tires to Maxxis 15". Now there is no sound from anywhere except plank.
What tires your car is running on?
djay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2009, 11:01   #93
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 344
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Shyam, the burr sound in my car was becuase of the tires i had earlier (michelin pp1).
Because of that sound i replaced the tires to Maxxis 15". Now there is no sound from anywhere except plank.
What tires your car is running on?
On a Michelin BF Goodrich - 195/60 R14 . The brrr sound i feel comes from somewhere in the center of the car, i mean from somewhere near the engine. How do you differentiate? And djay since you live in bangalore let me ask you this, what is the fuel efficiency you get?
ShyamSCrdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2009, 11:39   #94
Senior - BHPian
 
djay99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cork, Ireland
Posts: 1,456
Thanked: 491 Times
Default

Even i was feeling that the noise is coming some where from engine bay. I thought there was some problem with the engine and had escalated the issue to Hyundai.
But at the end i came to know that it was because of the tires. For that reason i changed the tires as it was not possible for me to live with that noise.
If you have kept stock tires with you then put them and retest the issue. I am sure you wont get any noise and also the car feels damm light.

I get around 12kmpl with mixed driving as my right foot becomes heavy sometimes . I switch on AC rarely. The average in my car is less becuase of 205/15" tires. On stock you should get over 13.5 in city. What is the average you are getting?

PM undead as his car is running on BF Goodrich 195/60-14 on alloys. We may come to know whether he is getting that burrr noise or not.
djay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2009, 12:07   #95
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 344
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Even i was feeling that the noise is coming some where from engine bay. I thought there was some problem with the engine and had escalated the issue to Hyundai.
But at the end i came to know that it was because of the tires. For that reason i changed the tires as it was not possible for me to live with that noise.
If you have kept stock tires with you then put them and retest the issue. I am sure you wont get any noise and also the car feels damm light.

I get around 12kmpl with mixed driving as my right foot becomes heavy sometimes . I switch on AC rarely. The average in my car is less becuase of 205/15" tires. On stock you should get over 13.5 in city. What is the average you are getting?

PM undead as his car is running on BF Goodrich 195/60-14 on alloys. We may come to know whether he is getting that burrr noise or not.
I get around 13 in city with the AC on always. isn't bangalore getting a bit too hot, how do you drive without AC.

UNDEAD too gets this noise. Ok with the current setup you are not getting that noise right. How about the steering vibrations at about 110KMPH do you get that?
ShyamSCrdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2009, 12:11   #96
Senior - BHPian
 
undead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bhavani - Komarapalayam
Posts: 1,187
Thanked: 167 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyamSCrdi View Post
I get around 13 in city with the AC on always. isn't bangalore getting a bit too hot, how do you drive without AC.

UNDEAD too gets this noise. Ok with the current setup you are not getting that noise right. How about the steering vibrations at about 110KMPH do you get that?
I too get Steering Vibrations around 110 - 120 kmph. Never looked it as a problem as , the traffic in the Highways are high and i rarely reach that speed.
undead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2009, 12:20   #97
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 344
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
I too get Steering Vibrations around 110 - 120 kmph. Never looked it as a problem as , the traffic in the Highways are high and i rarely reach that speed.
True indeed but sometimes when i do hit those speeds these vibrations scare me. I mean i really dont no why there are steering vibrations anyway he he! But yeah i dont like the feeling when the vibrations in such a perfect car. And no wonder you get 16KMPL you always on the highway
ShyamSCrdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2009, 12:41   #98
Senior - BHPian
 
djay99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cork, Ireland
Posts: 1,456
Thanked: 491 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyamSCrdi View Post
I get around 13 in city with the AC on always. isn't bangalore getting a bit too hot, how do you drive without AC.

UNDEAD too gets this noise. Ok with the current setup you are not getting that noise right. How about the steering vibrations at about 110KMPH do you get that?
13KMPL is a decent figure that too with AC on always.
I start towards office at 8:30AM and come back at around 9PM. Its cool in the morning as well as in the night and i like keeping window open(if traffic is less) and driving. Afternoon AC will be on always.

I am not getting vibrations in steering at 110kmph. I only get them at 150KMPH and vibration increases even more at 170 to 180KMPH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyamSCrdi View Post
True indeed but sometimes when i do hit those speeds these vibrations scare me. I mean i really dont no why there are steering vibrations anyway he he! But yeah i dont like the feeling when the vibrations in such a perfect car.
I would suggest you to get rebalancing with alignment done. Maintain proper air pressure and retest the issue.
djay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2009, 13:07   #99
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 344
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

I found the car quiet composed at about 185KMPH, no vibrations. So as you say i shall get the balancing and alignment done and then check it.
ShyamSCrdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2009, 13:34   #100
BHPian
 
white_vdi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: new delhi
Posts: 842
Thanked: 17 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
I too get Steering Vibrations around 110 - 120 kmph. Never looked it as a problem as , the traffic in the Highways are high and i rarely reach that speed.
get balancing and alignment done mate. might eat up your tires more than expected.
white_vdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2009, 14:20   #101
Senior - BHPian
 
djay99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cork, Ireland
Posts: 1,456
Thanked: 491 Times
Default

@Shyam,

Get the balancing done and retest and let us know.
How do you find brakes when speed is in excess of 120KMPH?
djay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2009, 14:28   #102
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 344
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
@Shyam,

Get the balancing done and retest and let us know.
How do you find brakes when speed is in excess of 120KMPH?
Yup! i shall do that.
Frankly speaking i never braked very hard at speeds in excess of 110. But then since i have only one benchmark as zen i find the getz much much more responsive. I once had to stop hard to avoid jumping a signal, I was at about 90 and I slammed the break quiet hard not so hard as a hear a sqeal but yeah hard and slammed the clutch after a few moments. The car halted without any issues within about 20 Meters. In all the 3000 KM which i have done till now(without any highway drive) i have really never had to break too hard. But all i can say is i am more comfortable with the brakes of the getz than the zen's. But the Getz seems to dip more in front like one of those SUVs if you know what i mean(needs getting used to)
ShyamSCrdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2009, 15:47   #103
Senior - BHPian
 
djay99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cork, Ireland
Posts: 1,456
Thanked: 491 Times
Default

I find brakes to be poor when compared to the power the car has. Many times i jumped speedbreakers because of car not stopping on time. Sometimes the car will not react when pedal is pressed suddenly. I have informed this to Hyundai and they said they will come back after some time.
Even service centre guys accepted of poor brakes.

Because of heavy diesel engine (arnd 400KG) the vehicle tend to dip more in the front like SUV's.
djay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2009, 16:00   #104
Senior - BHPian
 
undead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bhavani - Komarapalayam
Posts: 1,187
Thanked: 167 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
I find brakes to be poor when compared to the power the car has. Many times i jumped speedbreakers because of car not stopping on time. Sometimes the car will not react when pedal is pressed suddenly. I have informed this to Hyundai and they said they will come back after some time.
Even service centre guys accepted of poor brakes.

Because of heavy diesel engine (arnd 400KG) the vehicle tend to dip more in the front like SUV's.
Then go for EBC Green Pads . They cost Rs.9200 ( approx) . And tighten the rear brakes too.
undead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2009, 17:40   #105
Senior - BHPian
 
djay99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cork, Ireland
Posts: 1,456
Thanked: 491 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
Then go for EBC Green Pads . They cost Rs.9200 ( approx) . And tighten the rear brakes too.
But you were telling me that even the rotors need to be changed if i plan to fit EBC green pads?
I dont think aftermarket rotors are available for Getz.
And what is tightening rear brakes?
djay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Getz Prime 1.5 CRDi - Bright Silver EDIT: 74,000 kms update undead Long-Term Ownership Reviews 822 24th January 2013 21:06
Passion Red Getz CRDi VGT - Now Delivered : 3000km Update 4strings Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 44 24th March 2011 13:18
Kencha- Getz Prime CRDi-VGT Anju Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 149 13th August 2009 06:47
Verna Crdi Vs GetZ Crdi. EDIT : Finalising on Getz! aks_karthik Hatchbacks 74 17th May 2009 10:22
Getz prime 1.3 is overpriced than previous getz ( old one )? hrishig The Indian Car Scene 3 30th April 2007 10:29


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:06.

Copyright 2000 - 2018, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks