Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 6th June 2008, 19:45   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Congratulations on choosing the NHC.

How is the braking? VTEC has ABS, right?

Braking pretty decent but no ABS
bobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2008, 20:03   #17
Team-BHP Support

Congrats. Was there any indication in the showroom about the launch date of the new City ?
theMAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2008, 20:08   #18
BHPian

Great Buy bobster. How is handling at high speeds?
sanjayatarizona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2008, 20:15   #19
Senior - BHPian

Great decision making within no time ! And Congrats.
Post something about FE also.
aaggoswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2008, 20:35   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Congrats. Was there any indication in the showroom about the launch date of the new City ?
Thanks .
No Indication and the new city whatsoever, i was the one who brought the topic up. they said it might be launching around march'09 but i think by Diwali probably this year.
Old 6th June 2008, 21:02   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayatarizona View Post
Handling is pretty decent a bit of body roll though, haven't taken it over 130kmh as yet.
Old 6th June 2008, 21:05   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Thats a terrific decision you have made

How does VTEC compare with IDSI?
idsi is strictly for city use only, runs out breath on the highways, but vtec just vrroms past the traffic, when you are overtaking and you need that extra little boost just floor the accelerator and voila.
Old 6th June 2008, 22:06   #23
BHPian

Hey bobster,

Congrats on your NHC. neat choice and Vtec would a breeze to cruise around. Happy and safe motoring.

Regards,
Sajan.
sajands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2008, 23:52   #24
alv

Hey Bobster

neat choice - reading your post was like deja vu . I too went through the same turmoil of selecting my new car about a month ago - Like you i too make a choice of the NHC vtec - and I too have no regrets with my choice . the car is just perfect and i am enjoying every drive in it
just returned from the 1st service today - Pls allow me to use your post to put forth my experience , of the new possesion ( Mods you may step in to decide ,if required )

the car is about a month old have done about 1000 Kms returns a FE of 10.5 in full city driving with a 100% ac 60-40 road and highway driving
have not driven over 3k rpm hence have not really checked the vtec kicking in ( at what RPM should i expect it )

The speakers are bad and i miss my blaupunkts on my zen that were awesome . The HU is 2din , well lit but seems a bit complex to tune in

The seats are good offers good thigh support and high seating stance - gives you a feeling of a big car the rear seat comfortably seats 3 adults, and the boot space can swallow a good amount of luggage

neat cubby holes for storage with a real neat cup holder that turns under the cover , and a very practical arrangements of switches, the double storage glove compartment is boon to hold CDS and other car documents. the wood grain finish is rich and gives it a classy look

I have changed to michelins pp2 ( thanks to team BHP ) and must say they have made a world of difference and strongly recommend them - braking too has improved considerably

overall the car is a real masterpiece has perfect lines , precision response and smooth handling - and is a treat to drive - Must say living up to its name as a city slicker .

i had Td'ed the SX4 ,corolla and the ford fiesta along the honda ( both GXI and Vtec) , must say the ford fiesta lost out very narrowly to the HC. and would like to admit that ther is still a flutter in my heart when i see a 1.6 sxi fiesta pass. (Hopefully i should get over it )

Adieu to my trusted Zen too served me real well for 4 years and was a real good peppy car to drive around.

will keep updating my experiences as i burn them KMS
alv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2008, 06:04   #25
BHPian

Hi Bobster,

The Honda City VTec is an excellent choice and I am positive that the car will serve you faithfully for years to come.

A quick question - I saw that you test drove many diesel cars (Innova, Verna, Swift Vdi) during your "deciding" phase - any reason why you opted out of it and went in for Petrol?

Cheers!
sirajbose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2008, 13:14   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirajbose View Post
Hi Bobster,

The Honda City VTec is an excellent choice and I am positive that the car will serve you faithfully for years to come.

A quick question - I saw that you test drove many diesel cars (Innova, Verna, Swift Vdi) during your "deciding" phase - any reason why you opted out of it and went in for Petrol?

Cheers!
Thanks pal. good question well innova petrol was not even in consideration. Verna i liked for its torque and phenomenal accelaration and i prefer swift diesel over petrol anyday because of its refinement and F.E. But i preferred Honda over them because of interiors,refinement and lastly Resale value

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
good choice. Years of trouble free driving. Does it have ABS?
You can go for a philips extreme vision (stock wattage but more light).
Good that you changed the speakers...

No ABS , will check the bulbs you suggested.The Stereo sounds much better now but I'm itching to change front stock speakers and an amp

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayatarizona View Post

Handling is pretty decent after changing the Rubber, but it aint no Skoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
Hey bobster,

Congrats on your NHC. neat choice and Vtec would a breeze to cruise around. Happy and safe motoring.

Regards,
Sajan.

Thanks man, you said it ...like a breeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post

Thanks, Yes, they said around end of '09 (i think around end'08).

Check out my new thread it has a little info on the new city.

Last edited by Zappo : 24th March 2010 at 16:41. Reason: Can you please start using the multiquote button? We would like to see you desist from making these multitude of back to back posts with immediate effect.
Old 10th June 2008, 13:20   #27
BHPian

Talking 2nd free Service

Got the 2nd free servicing done yesterday, also got 3M undercoat done which cost me 3560/- including taxes and labour.

When i going to take delivery of my car after the servicing suddenly my acquired spider sense after joining T-BHP started tingling i slid down under the car to inspect the under body coat, the guy from 3M who trying to be ultra cool said "sir we are professionals".
much to my humour i requested them to put the car on a Hydraulic lift as they had clearly missed quite a few spots.
After the car raised one could clearly see that around 75% of the car was coated, The 3M guy had suddenly pulled a Houdini and vanished.
I made those guys do the entire coat again and they also promised to do another one after month.
All's well that ends well but it did leave a little bit of sour taste in the mouth,Honda guys should have inspected the car before delivering.
Old 28th June 2008, 18:59   #28
BHPian

Unhappy Clutch Issues

Recently the clutch seems to be making a clicking sound when compressed fully, wonder if this normal? also finding the clutch a bit harder than Aveo's
Old 29th June 2008, 11:05   #29
BHPian

Please check if the rubber mat is interfering with the clutch pedal. most of the time we miss the obvious.
anandtheleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2008, 19:52   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandtheleo View Post
Please check if the rubber mat is interfering with the clutch pedal. most of the time we miss the obvious.

Checked that , clicking still exists. maybe something wrong with spring, will get it checked though, thanks.

Closing in on 2000kms and the vtec is only getting warmed up. F.E. is around 13.7kmpl in city/highway with A.C. on all the time.

The rapid acceleration is drool inducingly addictive(Got to do it responsibly though)

Last edited by Zappo : 24th March 2010 at 16:42. Reason: Use the multiquote button please. Avoid making these back to back posts.