Team-BHP - New Wagon R Booked
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   New Wagon R Booked (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/40720-new-wagon-r-booked.html)

Hi Everyone,
I had booked my new Silky Silver Wagon R, Lxi yesterday as I had parted with my beloved 97 Carb Zen. Maruti is currently giving a cash discount of 30k for the Wagon R. The on-road price that I would be paying would be around 350,000 plus accessories. I was offered the following accessories free
Sun films
Seat cover (Fabric)
Steering grip cover
Floor mats
Wheel caps
Side beading
Auto Card (Discount card??)
and Teflon Coating (READ: Stereo) cheers:
I did not want Teflon coating and bargained for a Sony/JVC/Kenwood stereo instead. Had to pressurize them a bit to get this done. I am also going to opt for under body coating instead of the seat covers. I plan to do the seat covers separately from an accessory shop. I have opted for keyless entry (Autocop), which would be the only extra accessory which I would be paying for, apart from the speakers. I would be getting the vehicle by mid of next week. More details and photos once I get my car.

that is quite a sweet price for a 1.1 litre engine. i paid Rs 3.34 on road for my alto Lxi nov 2007. and the accessories you got are quite good as well.

I was going to write why Wagon R.
Then I saw the price and the list of accessories.

Very happy you are getting a fine deal.
Congrats on your purchase and I hope you get a great time with your new car.

Why don't you try for the Wagon R Vxi at dicount rates? The Vxi model comes with wider tyres and would be better for highway driving. For city driving I think the deal is very good.

Congrats on the purchase, Desparadoxx!

That is truly a fine deal! Are they trying to clear the stock or what? Or is this a normal thing now?

its okay. gurgaon has the ABS variant onroad in 4L plus discounts. ofc, I wasnt interested in a petrol car - but yes, discounts are aplenty!

Congrats on the WagonR!

Welcome to Trivandrum team-bhp!

Its a good deal. Congrats on your new buy. When are they delivering it to you. Do continue this thread after your buy and share your experience with the vehicle.

Quote:

Originally Posted by snaronikar (Post 859789)
Its a good deal. Congrats on your new buy. When are they delivering it to you. Do continue this thread after your buy and share your experience with the vehicle.

Thank you. The car will be delivered on Wednesday morning. Overall experience dealing with the Dealer was good. Will post more updates once I get the car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HappyWheels (Post 858581)
Congrats on the purchase, Desparadoxx!

That is truly a fine deal! Are they trying to clear the stock or what? Or is this a normal thing now?

Thank you. I dont think that they are clearing stocks. There is 30k discount on the Wagon-R and It just happened that the sales guy whom I talked with gave me these offers in the first meeting. Later on, I guess, he found his mistake and wanted to take away some of them, like side beadings. A bit of bargaining and comparison to offers from other dealers, things fell into place. I am really thinking of convering the stereo to something else, as they would be providing a low end stereo. Anyways, will keep everyone updated once I get the car.

@Desperadoxx - Welcome to TBHP and to Trivandrum chapter. You are getting a good deal anyway. Which dealer is it? Hope you will upload pics and intial ownership report to TBHP. Hope to meet you sometime / next meet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Desperadoxx (Post 859795)
Thank you. The car will be delivered on Wednesday morning.

Which is the dealer?

I hope you have gone through the checklist. Check it properly before taking delivery. :)
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...heck-list.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 859850)
Which is the dealer?

I hope you have gone through the checklist. Check it properly before taking delivery. :)
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...heck-list.html

Dealer is Indus Motors @Pattom.

In fact, I copied the whole contents of this thread (checklist) and compiled it into a 6 page booklet, which I plan to take it with me before I take the delivery. I do not think that we have an option to go to the yard and inspect the vehicle, anyways, I am going to call the sales guy and see if this is possible. Or else, will go through the items in the checklist before I take the delivery.

Thats a good deal buddy and congrats once again on booking your new ride. Do post ownership review report along with pics and have a safe drive on the yet to be arrived ride.

Congrats for the new car Desperadoxx, thats a nice deal you got there :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by rks
The Vxi model comes with wider tyres

There is no difference in tyre size for different variants of Wagon R.