Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 17th July 2008, 18:45   #136
BHPian

@ sanjaymugur

Can you please PM me Babu's Cel no (Green Tracks )
my phone display is not working ........Help needed.
jazzy_2cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2008, 05:18   #137
BHPian

Default Awesome Tata-Fiat Service!

My Red beauty was due for her 1st service @ 1465km and more than 2 -months,called up Prerana Service Center @ Old madras Road and fixed 11AM Friday apointment,could make it only by 1 PM still my car was taken in, The service center looks very basic, with the inventory checklist and the fiat multijet technician came right over and listened to the issues and updated the car would be ready worst case by 5PM, to my surprise the car was all done by 3PM , time flew in nearby big baazar and the Service Center AC customer waiting room was loaded with Auto Mag's and a TV,got a call from my technician who updated the cost of consumables and updating car is ready for delivery, paid the amount and rode the car back home.

Great Service

Last edited by Rehaan : 19th July 2008 at 08:24. Reason: Post edited. Please use spaces after punctuation marks - its a rule of written english. Thanks.
amarprusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2008, 19:06   #138
BHPian

Good to hear that ....
Old 21st July 2008, 00:45   #139

Dear All,

Anyone got the official figures for braking distance on the palio mjd?? 80 - 0 kmph in how many metres.??

thanks
dieselbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2008, 08:54   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy_2cool View Post
@ sanjaymugur

Thanks for the Update ,
Do I also need to carry extra 2Lts of coolant in the car during the Ride.
Any what Are the other things which i need to carry with Me.
Hi Jazzy, I am envious of your first service experience, congrats man.
If you have changed the engine oil then apart from your spare tyre and coolant you won't probably need anything more(carry the insurance papers). Happy riding
I have not been able to go on long drives as I am a little busy at work but I will be going in for my first service next month and will update the ownership exp here.
zaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2008, 18:33   #141
BHPian

I am “Highly Disappointed “ with the kind of Unwilling service I have been offered by Concorde Motors.
My Car (Palio MJD 1.3 ) was working fine without any kind of problem until I took it for its 1st servicing .I had completed 1456 Km took the car for its first service to Concorde Motors workshop at ( Bharani Industrial Estate, Chikka Begur Hosur Road), They did the usual checkups and the car was dropped back to my office at 7.00 pm.
The Car was facing major Wheel Alignment issue as it was moving on the right side after the service which was noticed on Thursday night as there was no driving happened in between.I took the car back to the workshop in the morning , told Mr. Shiva Kumar about the problem which has happened only after the service ,
who did not believed my words.He then took the car for the Wheel Alignment section ,where Mr Vijay told me the following parts needs to replaced as the
problem cant be fixed (Camber ).

Alignment Reading :

Camber / Steering System :

(Before Adjustment ) L.H: -1degree 16 , R.H:- -0 degree 40
(After Adjustment ) L.H: -1degree 6 , R.H:- -0 degree 48
I was told by the Concorde people I’ll have to replace the following parts from my pocket as they are not covered under warranty

1.Radiator Bottom Bracket
2.R.H Anti roll Bow Bracket
3.Both Side Longitudinal has been displaced

It was a Shock for me to hear this ,new car and all this problem with no one to help ,then I asked for the price Quotes for the parts but till date no one has updated me with any information.I was so upset about all this I has called Sadeep Kumar and told him about the issue who did his best to help me but he had to go to the same Concorde people who are Unwilling to Help .

Saturday afternoon after losing Hope from Concorde Motors I Called up my friend brojo ex owner of palio 1.2 ,who said to take the car Green Tracks and meet Babu
who did An inspection of the car and found no parts are faulty unlike Concorde who just wanted money for No Proper diagnosis and blindly said that these parts are faulty .

Thanks to Green Tracks (BABU) who did a good a job with 100 % Proper diagnosis and found the Issue to be with the Factory tyre and has replaced the tyre with the spare ,did a full Wheel Alignment and Wheel balanceing test all found to be good .I was not at all expecting this kind of service From Concorde Motors.

The Issue of the car has been fixed by Green Tracks after replacing the tyre with spare one ,but now I am here with a Faulty Factory make tyre which I wanted to be replaced under warranty so this matter was esclated to jaldeep virani,got a call from Concorde Motors this afternoon as they want to see the faulty tyre Now lets see if they ll replace it with a new or repair it .

NOTE:
ALL New/old Multijet people Concorde Motors is good till the time you have a free service,I would say Green Tracks better in their work,
At a low cost I was charged Rs 280 and my issue was fixed with 5 TD.
Old 21st July 2008, 18:57   #142
BHPian

I have heard abt similar troubles some of my friends had with Concorde.

Good that u got it fixed from GreenTracks.
TomRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2008, 20:14   #143
BHPian

Oh boy thats really shocking . That means they don't know much about servicing these machines. I am sorry for you but very fortunate to note this before I go for first service. I will now just go to green tracks for my service.
Guys take note of this and don't take chances with your new car.
BTW is this the same Concorde which is at dairy circle?

Last edited by zaks : 21st July 2008 at 20:16. Reason: added info
zaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2008, 20:57   #144
BHPian

@ Zak

Concorde based at dairy circle does not Handle FIAT Cars they work only TATA car ,This is based @ Chikka Begur Hosur Road opp to dakshin honda show room .Its Better to go to Green Tracks from the 1st service,they are best for FIAT and they are authorized service partners for FIAT/TATA.

Take you car there and meet babu ,mark my words you ll be impressed by the service which they will offer to you.
Old 22nd July 2008, 18:46   #145
BHPian

Question to All,

The High Beam setting from 0-3 in Palio 1.3 MJD

What does the setting means ?
@ 0 : Is the light fouced max far
@ 3 : light is fouced close on the road.
Old 22nd July 2008, 18:50   #146
BHPian

I think its the low beam setting you are asking about.
For answers please read the manual.
revved_up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2008, 19:02   #147
BHPian

I think he is talking about headlight levelling. Those setting are for direction of the light depending on the load. For more details, refer to manual.
windsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2008, 19:06   #148
BHPian

Nice job Dost !!!
I was hoping for some better answer.
Old 22nd July 2008, 20:59   #149
BHPian

I have almost 'mugged' the whole manual (product of Indian education system). May not be accurate but remember something like this

'0' when there is a light load ( driven solo)
'1' when there is medium load ( people in the rear)
'2 & 3' when there are people in the read and heavy load in the boot

Your observation

'@ 0 : Is the light fouced max far
@ 3 : light is fouced close on the road.'

Holds good as the load in the rear increases the nose pitches upward and this correction will then make the beam level with the road.
GreenmachinE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2008, 12:58   #150
BHPian

Hmm, sounds good Greenmachine .
Thanks