Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 30th July 2008, 18:54   #166
Senior - BHPian

Jazzy, Have a safe and pleasant journey!

Pls don't forget to take Palio User manual, Toolkit, check Air in all the tires incldg stepney, 1 can of Coolant, Long trip checklist available on this forum!

Take loads of pics of interesting places on the way!
finneyp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2008, 20:16   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Jazzy, Have a safe and pleasant journey!

Pls don't forget to take Palio User manual, Toolkit, check Air in all the tires incldg stepney, 1 can of Coolant, Long trip checklist available on this forum!

Take loads of pics of interesting places on the way!
@ finneyp

Thanks Yaar , every thing You said is Done, Have Done My Homework long time back apart form the Long trip checklist ??
Can You pls help me with the link.
jazzy_2cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2008, 20:44   #168
Senior - BHPian

Jazzy, here is the link:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/owning...road-trip.html (ARTICLE: Preparation for an Indian Road Trip)
finneyp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2008, 10:28   #169
tez
BHPian

have a enjoyable and safe journey jazzy. You would be ready with your long term ownership thread by the time to complete your journey.
tez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2008, 15:30   #170
BHPian

@ finneyp
Thanks Yaar , I went down to Green Tracks today I was so Impressed with their service Got a Brand New Tyre as a Replacement.
When I told them I ll going for a Long Ride they checked every thing from there own end ,without I telling them .
Babu even told me about the Car Fuse Box and showed me what needs to be done incase some things happens.

Saw 4 MJD today @ Green Tracks for there 1st Service, & 3 on my way back home looks like Blore is full of MJD now

Last edited by jazzy_2cool : 31st July 2008 at 15:44.
Old 31st July 2008, 19:30   #171
BHPian

Default Happy Driving to Kolkatta

Happy Driving to Kolkatta

You can also cover Puri,Konark and Chilka lake in Orissa with a small detour from NH-5 in Orissa.

I am also planning for a Bangalore-Bhubaneswar trip shortly in my MJD.
amarprusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2008, 00:42   #172
Distinguished - BHPian

Lovely. Inspirationla stuff guys. Do post on the PalioUsersIndia yahoogroup your triplog once you return
phamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2008, 11:47   #173

Default New Palio Sdx

mates..

congratulations on the black beauty.. it surely looks neat... I saw a new black palio SDX parked in my basement - and I sure can't get sleep..

just a word of advice - to you & to all people who are going to buy a new car. Dont go by the interest rates. Go by the EMI per lakh - since you may be quoted 10% - but you may still end up paying EMI @ 11 or 12%.
This is mainly because - we as laymen - cannot calculate the EMI from the rate of interest (remember it is a complex calculation).

Also - compare the EMIs offered at different dealerships - AND the finance payout. Some dealers offer 4%, some 4.5% - and surprisingly the financiers will be the same - either an ICICI or HDFC.

Also - know which financier gives u the best deals. As far as I know - ICICI gave the worst deal - although they quoted the lowest interest rate , their EMI per lakh was considerably higher than TATA car finance.
I believe today SBI Patiala gives the sweetest deal.

Try a more professional approach - some dealers cheat on the freebies and make u run endlessly for that. So insist on an invoice with mention of all freebies before u make that advance payment. Once this is on paper - then they cannot go back on their committments.

Cheers..!!cheers:
Shankar
gshankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2008, 02:27   #174
BHPian

Default Bangalore – Kolkata- Bangalore (via chennai, Vizag, Bhubaneshwar, Balasore ) 4,200 km

Bangalore – Kolkata- Bangalore (via chennai, Vizag, Bhubaneshwar, Balasore ) 4,200 kms

Members In the Multijet :3
Farhan
Mr & Mrs Saha

Stuffs In the car:2 big bags,3 Small bags,1 bag of food ,1 laptop bag,20 lit water barrel and other small stuffs etc (shoe bags).
Oh Yes friends it did loaded all this stuffs without a Pain.

Hi All,
Finally the journey ends .....was back on 18th but was very busy with my work,ok here I am to share my experience with you all will keep it short and simple.This was the one of the best trip I had ever done by Road .A distance which is hard to believe covered in 31 hrs only which includes major halts, lunch & dinner. It was all decided 4 months back when my friend bought a swift LDI from Calcutta and drove all the way back because of the wait time in Blore .

Day 1:
I was excited for this long trip on my multijet we Started from Bangalore on 1st Aug 6:00 a.m,on our way we did a Tank full in Hosur of 40 ltrs took the Chennai road (NH-5)and all set .The car just made its way on the highway with a effortless speed of 140 kmph .Highway & the Roads were too good (butterscotch )so I wanted to test the car's top speed which I can push ,Get Set Go: In a few sec the car was pushed to 170 kmph @ 3,500 RPM for which I had to apply little effort to keep it constant , the car was @ 170 for approx 4 mins until my friend asked me to slow down as he was about to puke so back to 120 kmph @ 2,500 Rpm.

Things that I found with the Car, after it crossed 150 kmph @ 3,500 RPM

The car becomes very very smooth.
Car Still keeps a Firm Grip of the road & makes you feel safe.
Cars steering become light at high speeds.(could be only in my case because my steering was adjusted by green tracks)
Tires make a whoo noise .(which were give by Fiat-Goodyear Tubeless )
Very less noise from the engine (inside the cabin with windows rolled up but its not 100 % quite )
Breaks are not that sharp @ that speed ,has a 4-8 sec delay.

After getting to know all this about the car I was extra careful & by 9:30 a.m we reached Chennai with a halt of 30 mins at Reliance A1 Plaza .It took us 1:30 hrs to reach Padi,Oh my god we were sick of the heat, traffic and air pollution so now it was time for the A/c to pushed On.WOw it made us feel like home ,heat was vanished in 5 mins,at 11 am we took the turn for Nellore flyover. It was noon and Vizag another 700kms to go. My friends wife was taking a nap and we were getting bit tensed looking at the distance, we could see the long straight roads with no end, we recomposed ourself by saying Lets think step by step. We made Vijayawada as our target before lunch and then we will think of Vizag. Now It was my friend who was all pumped up and wanted to be in the pilots seat. The first thing which came out of his month was Wow man its makes me feel so comfortable & confident.within 5 hrs we passed(Nellore,Kavali,Ongole,Guntur) then we realized that we were passing the huge Krishna river to reach Vijayawada (Krishna district).After crossing the bridge in no time we were in Vijayawada town. NH9 (Hyderabad – Machilipatnam highway) meets NH5 here and goes like a ring road around Vijayawada .ODO Now Reads: 549 kms When we decided to Tank her up again,as we had the fear of the diesel Problem going in A.P.Saw an Indian Oil pump,It consumed sharp 25 lts after the calculations, the FE came out to be 21.9 Km/L,with 80% AC,
we both looked at each other and said Wow man thats a Awesome mileage with this kind of speed .

Its was 4:30 pm on the watch with no lunch so thought to have lunch in Vijayawada as Vijayawada food is not to be missed, without wasting much time we were ready to push on,We again started @ 5 pm for Vizag me back on the driving seat. It was dust time with sun still shining with its rays, I kept between 110-120kmph as roads were like butterscotch with extra cream, I wanted to enjoy my drive until A brand New Chevrolet Aveo 1.6 with a (A/F) sticker came honking from behind God he made me mad ,did not wanted to gave him the way to pass but I had to, Both Car looked at each other and Aveo passes away with a smile on the faces sitting inside, within 40 Sec Aveo vanished in thin Air I was sure that the owner of the car will be happy to see the multiJet behind, but his happiness did not last long, told my friend That’s It: Jet was On to take its pride back, Turbo kicked In with Joy with the song matching the situation "Hit Me Baby One More Time ".In 2 mins time Multijet was back behind Aveo with no honking, looked at the drivers eyes & all heads turned back, Asked for pass no luck, asked again for Pass No Luck ,had to overtake from the left, in no time car crossed 140 kmph Aveo again vanished in thin Air. Saw the car was trying hard to come back ,this all stayed for 40 mins until I saw some villagers’ walking on the main road ,so I had to slow down Aveo vanished in thin Air.I said to myself let it go wants the point and more over its getting dark. The beauty of this highway can be realized now in the darkness. The markings are illuminated and it was no problems driving in the night I kept between 110-120kmph but there was major diversions,we both were alert to see them.We Reach visakhapatnam by by 9:35 pm .Job well Done A Distance of 1001 kms (odo reading got reset to 0 ) which takes a normal Time of :20 hrs 54 mins,was covered in :15 Hrs 30 Mins.We decided to stay back,no more of driving at night so entered visakhapatnam city booked rooms in a hotel,went out for a good dinner,during dinner we planned on the other next set of journey.Did a night walk after the dinner as no one was feeling tired,we had the energy to push for more this was again one of the best part which I found of the car that we were not at all tired driving ,but had to stop due to safety reasons.

Day 2 :Started at 6:00 a.m with a Beautiful morning with no sun,fresh wind blowing on our faces,we decided to go around the city an see the beautiful beaches ,Wow I was happy to see this city.Its worth coming here.we started again at 9:30 a.m after having our breakfast,car back to the fuel pump for a tank full,from Vijayawada to visakhapatnam it consumed 22.1 lts for a distace of 452 Kms,FE came out to be 20.5 Km/L Not Good friend asked to check the tyres air pressure,what to say got the reason they all were below 26,back to 30,Get Set Go:drive was too extra good with a Beautiful weather with no sun I kept between 120-130kmph as roads were like butterscotch with extra cream & topping,we never took any break in between till Bhubaneshwar I was continuously doing 120+ kmph in this stretch till Ichchapuram, the border of AP ,but our happeness ended here bad roads started,GQ work was not done in Orissa in most of the stretch,hence this was the worrying factor for us.average 70km for the next hour.looking at the condition of the roads and traffic, I felt that Bhubaneshwar is long way to go. Anyway, we didn’t give up.We will not stop anywhere for lunch, ok with chips, biscuits and water By 4:30 PM we reached Bhubaneshwar stopped for lunch & tea back on road now its was friends trun.In no time we crossed Cuttack stopped for fueling:BanG Back on the Mark 461 kms done fuel consumed:20.9 lts FE:22.1 Km/L,Although Kolkata looked just 247 km from Balasore it took us hell lot of time.Bhadrak and Balasore where heavy construction work of flyovers and roads are underway,After Balasore one part of the GQ is open so drive became smooth but no so speedy as there was incoming traffic. Within no time I passed through Rupsa. After Balasore it NH60 which is the part of GQ and it goes till Kharagpur.I was a happy man with the FE and dreams of being back home so went to sleep,did not felt the jumps & the bad road much

We Reached CALCUTTA at 12:15 am 3rd Aug,wow We Made It,dropped my friend & his wife in their home near airport.Reached my place EM bypass near (ITC) by 1:40 a.m.Car back in its parking place Without a Scratch with fuel gauge still shows to be On HALF .
Thanked God for his blessings

Conclusions:
Highest speed: 170+ kmph
The car consumed approx 100 lts for a distance of 2192 km with AC on ( 60-70 % ),Total FC :21.9 Km/L
My Best Stretchs: Nellore – Vijayawada -visakhapatnam , Eluru
Worst Stretch: Bhubaneshwar (poor traffic sense), Jaleshwar – Balasore (construction, bad roads)

Special Thanks:
Abhijit Kumar Roy (Senior - BHPian)
Yahoo maps & NHAI website.
My multijet for happily negotiating the bad-good roads and bring me back home safely.

ll update more with the driving done in calcutta & some pic taken.

Signing Off
Farhan
Old 26th August 2008, 02:36   #175
BHPian

Farhan sure looks like you had a blast !!

Now let the pictures pour in please
senindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2008, 09:10   #176
BHPian

Wow.. Farhan!! Nicely written!
Good to know that you had a nice trip.
revved_up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2008, 10:16   #177
BHPian

Default Finally Got The Black Beast Home (Palio1.3 MJD)

Dear jazzy_2cool/Farhan,

You have surely written & described your journey very well...

I also have a palio 1.3 MTJD,what i was wondering while calculating FE you calculated 20.9 ltrs?how can you be so sure as 20.9 & not 21?

Just a querry on this ltrs count ?

My palio gives me a FE of 21,you are getting good FE even after driving above 120.any suggestion how to get a better FE in MTJD.

Do let me know your opinion on it....

Thanks
anupam00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2008, 11:37   #178
Distinguished - BHPian

Lovely post man. Dil maange pics.

Amazing FE. Sure beats traveling in crummy volvos with foul smelling strangers
phamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2008, 14:28   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupam00 View Post
Dear jazzy_2cool/Farhan,

You have surely written & described your journey very well...

I also have a palio 1.3 MTJD,what i was wondering while calculating FE you calculated 20.9 ltrs?how can you be so sure as 20.9 & not 21?

Just a querry on this ltrs count ?

My palio gives me a FE of 21,you are getting good FE even after driving above 120.any suggestion how to get a better FE in MTJD.

Do let me know your opinion on it....

Thanks

@ anupam00
There is a simple and Best way to Calculate FE in any Car :
Total Distance covered by the car in the (odo )/Total Ltrs of Fuel consumed = FE

Exmaple :
ODO Reads: 549 kms /consumed 25 lts =21.96 Km/L (Tank full to Tank Full)

Hope this helps.

The Car is Just Awesome in the Highway:Its Completely a Highway Car.
This was my 1st Highway trip, apart from this trip driving back home was a Pain.I can only Repeat the same thing as said by (Roy ) “If you can drive in Kolkata you can drive anywhere”. Bangalore traffic is a bachha.I was not able to put any thing above 3rd Gear, as soon as hit the car on the top gear had to stop ,Roads were good but not no joy .Driven about 575 Kms when I decided to take her up ,took to nice Hp pump consumed 33 lts ,FE :17.4 Km/L with A/c in city.I was still happy as in Blore I get 18.5 Km/L ,also I had to pay less : Diesel Is Still :Rs 35.20 /ltrs.
Old 26th August 2008, 18:40   #180
Senior - BHPian

how come you never told us that you were coming? :(

anyways - hope you had a good time in kolkata and please upload the pics.
planet_rocker is offline   Reply With Quote