Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 26th August 2008, 20:50   #181
Senior - BHPian

Farhan, You really had a Great time driving down to Kol and back!

And with Palio, driving on a highway is a pleasure!
You never feel tired even after driving it the entire day!
finneyp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2008, 01:17   #182
Senior - BHPian

Now THAT was a great drive! Please put it in the travelogue section with pictures.

While Delhi is the city with the 2nd slowest traffic and Bangalore is the one with the slowest traffic in India, most of you guys seem to be managing with 17.xx kmpl in Bangalore!! I have been able to achieve only 14.xx to 15.xx kmpl. Damn South Delhi traffic!! Or else I need to re-look at my driving.
architect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2008, 23:01   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
Now THAT was a great drive! Please put it in the travelogue section with pictures.

While Delhi is the city with the 2nd slowest traffic and Bangalore is the one with the slowest traffic in India, most of you guys seem to be managing with 17.xx kmpl in Bangalore!! I have been able to achieve only 14.xx to 15.xx kmpl. Damn South Delhi traffic!! Or else I need to re-look at my driving.
I think that will help! I was getting arnd 13-14 in Bangalore. But now I m restricting myself to keep it below 2.5K RPM. I presume it has improved the FE. The fuel gauge needle moves very slowly these days!
TomRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2008, 10:12   #184
BHPian

Somebody please give me tips on driving a MJD :((

I first got around 10.25 KMPL

upped tire pressure to 32 psi and got 11.33 KMPL

Cruised at idle rpm (1000 rpm) in 1 2(5 kmph) 3(20kmph) 4 (30 kmph) 5 (40kmph) gears and tried taking longer but faster routes and got 13.33 kmpl consistantly.

Thought i finally i got the hang of things thought i will make 15 kmpl this time but rotten luck again.

Had to go to Manipal hospital and their rear parking has about 50 feet of about 45 degree climb (ok make that 30) and due an over enthusiastic innova had to dead stop right in the middle. Manage to start the car without rolling back but it almost seemed that the car burned at least a couple of litres of fuel for a 15 km ride so back to an average of around 10 for the first quarter of the current "full-tank". Wife told me the car was spewing black smoke whenever i touched the gas.
AadiAtPlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2008, 13:08   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AadiAtPlay View Post

I first got around 10.25 KMPL ......

spewing black smoke whenever i touched the gas.
There seems to be some issue with fuel not getting burnt efficiently. I do rubbish driving in our MJD (changing gear at 3000 revs ,hard acceleration breaking etc) but still manage to get around 15 kmpl in the city. I have seen a few elantras and a swift spewing smoke as well. I guess the low economy is due to ECU or fuel injection hardware malfunction, they are high precision components unlike older generation diesels and have to be in their perfect tune to perform best. Alternatively the reason could be adulterated fuel.
GreenmachinE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2008, 15:05   #186
BHPian

Nice posting jazzy22cool, I knew you would enjoy the ride.
Aadiatplay I don't know why you are getting such low mileage. I drive normally but do sometimes zip, weave and accelerate hard but end up getting about 17.5kmpl. I think you better check your fuel or get the car checked at first service for oil condition.
I have completed nearly 2000km and will post my review soon.
zaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2008, 15:18   #187
BHPian

dont want to hijack this thread...maybe should start a new one.

GreenMachine,Zaks, thanks for the ideas. I finished my first free service at Concorde Bangalore they said they will look into the low milage issue and it did improve marginally. iam now at 3.3K kms. If this goes on i will pay GreenTracks to have a look at it :(.

My guess of the problem might be the rubbish fuel i filled when i claimed th 5 free litres from Concorde might have throw the ECU off a bit.
AadiAtPlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2008, 16:07   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AadiAtPlay View Post
pl reset your ECU with engine analyser available at FIAT authorised service center, Green tracks can do it.. pl use the new engine analyzer which has the red FIAT logo & the drive for 1000kms & also if possible change the air filter, cost 150/-( ECU reset ) + 230 ( for air filter), worth giving a try...

i dont recommend removing battery connection type ECU reset...
sanjaymugur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2008, 17:00   #189
BHPian

Default Tips for Improving FE

@ AadiAtPlay

There has to be Something Wrong with the Fuel only ,Even I have a Multijet & have done almost 7,240 km by this time (+3 months ).
Till date I have Got nothing less than 18 Km/L In B'lore ,with 50 % A/c on consistantly, Even when driving in Calcutta I got 17 Km/L. (Normal fuel)

I follow these simple thing with My Jet:See If It Helps You.

*Car Runs at a constant RPM (2k-2.5k) & Speed (60-80 ) ( Accelerate evenly and drive smoothly )
*Clutch only to be used during the time of gear shift
*Do Not use Clutch as a Footrest
*Do not press both Clutch & breaks at the same time to stop the car
( use Breaks only,when you feel the car is about to stop,then press Clutch and shift to normal, takes a few sec)
*Dont keep putting on the brakes frequently. "Any time you hit your brakes, you're throwing energy away"
*Tire pressure to 3O psi .
*Take full use of the Torque is has the power to push the car without pushing the accelerator.
(When using 1st ,2nd or 3rd gear ,in a bump or stop let the Car Make its own way (torque ) dont accelerate.

Pls dont do anything with your car at this point of time.
TEST it first again Use turbojet fuel during test,not the normal fuel. take it for a Ride to NICE Road see if it makes a difference .
Do a Tankfull and make sure see that the Fuel is full to the neck.
jazzy_2cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2008, 10:55   #190
Senior - BHPian

[quote=jazzy_2cool;956909]@ AadiAtPlay

*Car Runs at a constant RPM (2k-2.5k) & Speed (60-80 ) ( Accelerate evenly and drive smoothly )
quote]

Try going above 35 kmph in the traffic conditions I face 90% of the time . Maybe your mileages will hit <15 kmpl. I am not worried now!
Old 29th August 2008, 14:14   #191
BHPian

plz fill up from a different pump and then see the difference.
and DO NOT drive on a half clutch.
shantyrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2008, 14:38   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect[/b

Try going above 35 kmph in the traffic conditions I face 90% of the time . Maybe your mileages will hit <15 kmpl. I am not worried now!
Is this a suggestion/advice .
Old 31st August 2008, 00:14   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy_2cool View Post
Is this a suggestion/advice .
Neither.

I was just saying that you were achieving 17 kmpl in the city by keeping the car between 2-2.5 k rpm and 60-80 kmph. If you were to face my driving conditions, your mileages would drop dwon to 14-15 kmpl too.
Old 31st August 2008, 01:55   #194
BHPian

Got it architect........
ll update more soon on my return journey & the crazy things that happened on our way back.
Old 31st August 2008, 12:29   #195
BHPian

Jazzy2cool you got the 3M teflon coating for your car, right? How is it holding up? I too want to get that provided it protects my car paint and shine but I have heard a lot of contrary things in this forum (there is a complete thread) like micro scratches, cannot park in the sun, etc, which makes me not do that. How many of MJD owners have got this teflon coating done? It costs 4000 as per the dealer.
zaks is offline   Reply With Quote