Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 12th September 2008, 16:29   #226
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaks View Post
Hey you all MJD owners, FM antenna reception sucks in my Palio and suspect the antenna is crap, what about yours? I can only get 1 or utmost 2 stations clearly that too for some time only
Buy The Palio Sports Antenna :Cost only Rs 310 (concorde)
I Get get all the stations with NO problem.
jazzy_2cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2008, 18:05   #227
BHPian

What should we do if we found that the Brand new Spare tyre is loosing air.

Thats what happened to me with my Palio SDX.
Should I show it to puncture guy or
Should I ask for the new replacement for this tyre from Concorde Motors during my 1st service ?

Please suggest.
fiat_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2008, 20:06   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_fan View Post
What should we do if we found that the Brand new Spare tyre is loosing air.

Get the Replacement tyre But Not From Concorde Motors & not during your 1st service .

Here are few steps which needs to be taken,and after that you will just smile all the way you drive.

This Goes to All Fiat New/Old Owners,

Highly classified information Revealed!

A few months back I had come across this information but was not able to share it.My Car was facing major Wheel Alignment issue as it was moving on the right side.I was “Highly Disappointed “ .

Fiat Does not comes in Picture , Its Good Year.They replaced it within 4 days,Only after I made things worst for Concorde.Its was Faulty Factory make tyre which I wanted to be replaced under warranty so this matter was esclated to jaldeep virani,& It was the just perfect move .

Read this for more Information.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-3-mjd-10.html (Finally Got The Black Beast Home (Palio1.3 MJD))

What You Need to do is sit back/Relax and write an Email .
People who need to be Involved Are :
T.P SHAJI (Sr.Manager-Customer Support)
shaji.tp@tatamotors.com

jaldeep virani (FIAT Sales Head for TATA)
jaldeep.virani@tatamotors.com

Coustomer care.
customercare@tatamotors.com
custcare.blr@concordemotors.com

Mark Your Email to all of the above and do put some sarcastic comment.
like You did not expected this kind of thing to happen in a new car ,
Make It clear in the email that You want this to be replaced under warranty With a New One Only /NO Repair.

Sit back You will get calls from Pune & Delhi ( Reason will be shared later)
Tell them That you have update them about the issue and would go ahead and do the needful during your 1st service,Do Tell Them That You Will Go To Green Tracks , I did They same ,they this case will be sent to :
Mr.Vinod Kulkarni (Service Manager – Green Tracks) Who will contact you.

I will update more ,need to rush for my prayers......

To BE CONTINUED......................

Farhan.
Old 15th September 2008, 20:28   #229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy_2cool View Post
Fiat Does not comes in Picture , Its Good Year.
Farhan I cant seem to fathom how Wheel Alignment is related to Good Year dude. When you mentioned Good Year I presume it is the tyres rite ?

This is something new to me now, I always was under the impression that Wheel Alignment involved the terms caster, camber, toe et all ( correct me if I am wrong) which needed to be adjusted.
rjstyles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2008, 23:49   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Farhan I cant seem to fathom how Wheel Alignment is related to Good Year dude. When you mentioned Good Year I presume it is the tyres rite ?

This is something new to me now, I always was under the impression that Wheel Alignment involved the terms caster, camber, toe et all ( correct me if I am wrong) which needed to be adjusted.
No My Dear pal ,How Can you be Wrong after all you are (The Guru Ji)
The link has all the answers to your questions,do Read It.
I was under the impression that it was a Wheel Alignment issue but later found that the problem was in the tyres
(some internal rubber Issues ) .The Tyre was sent to Good Year for testing after which they gave a new tyre.

Last edited by jazzy_2cool : 15th September 2008 at 23:51.
Old 16th September 2008, 11:48   #231

I also had faced a minor drag toward left. During my first service (Manipal Motors), all they did was, swapped my front tyres. It solved the problem.

May be this was also a minor tyre issue, but is solved.

Now, I feel that NVH levels are high in this car. Outside there is lot of sound and inside also there are vibrations when engine is not revving fast enough.

On the other day, I happened to stand next to my friends idling swift VDI. It was impossible to make out if it was idling or engine was off.
ittiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2008, 13:38   #232
BHPian

Went to Concorde Motors for my 1st Service.
Talked to Service incharge about the faulty tyre. He told me that they will send this tyre to GoodYear dealer in Bangalore and then he will decide about the fate.

But I insisted on replacement and for that I sent the mail to all the people mentioned in the jazzy_2cool reply (thanks buddy).

Till now, no reply or phone from anybody.
Old 16th September 2008, 15:09   #233
BHPian

Well Dont have much to said as You went to Concorde Motors for my 1st Service.
By the way Concorde Motors will take a lot of time to get this done, I have experenced their work.....aaaahhh.

Tell me know if there is still no reply ,will share T.P SHAJI (Sr.Manager-Customer Support) Y& jaldeep virani cell nos:keep posting.

The Beast Finally see its own wound,Its 1st dent & Scratch.
Its was a Friday afternoon, I was going for my friday prayers ,when suddenly a Biker with his pulsar 200 cc,was over taking rest of the cars near wipro ( electronic city) ,He was in a rush man......God knows what happened to him ,saw him over taking my car from the left and then suddenly I heard a noise of Hard Break .......
Looked at the mirror GOD that was on the ground with his bike far away from him.Stopped my car and come out,was shocked to see the situation..........
He was Under The Wipro Bus front tyre......People ran towards him,thanks God he was safe ,with a few wounds.Went back to my car to get water for him & the shock continuous for me ......

The Bike Handle came and hit the left hand side body near the tail lamp.
What The Hell ,saw that was one line of Scratch 4' Long and less then 1/2' thick with a very light dent.walked back to him gave him water and asked him How did it happened ,says that because of small stone chips he lost his balance,hit my car felt down.Asked him how is he feeling now ,the words were:"I am OK , Sorry & Thanks ".I was so angry at him ,but did not told him a word and went for my prayers.The Scratch was very light so after prayers took out the 3m rubbing compound from the car and rubbed it on the Scratched area.In a few minutes Scratch Was GOne,But the Dent was still there,which can only be noticed if you stand near the car and look at that part only .

I Have Given the car today To Green Tracks for Its 2nd Service
will update more by the end of the Day.
Old 16th September 2008, 17:50   #234
BHPian

1st scratch always hurts. I have experiences the same with all my bikes/cars. Same happened with my Palio as well. A cycle-wala left a handsome dent on the rear-left door, then an auto, then a motorcycle... Now as usual, I have learned to live with it.

Jazz, update us after the service.
TomRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2008, 11:32   #235
BHPian

I got the following reply
Lets see how these guys handle this issue.

Thank you for writing to us.

We have noted the contents of your email dated 16.09.08. At the outset, we regret the inconvenience caused to you.

With a copy of this email, we are intimating our Regional Office, Bangalore to look into the matter on priority and to arrange to do the needful at the earliest.

Assuring you of our best services

Thanking you
For Tata Motors

Customer Care Executive
Mumbai
Old 17th September 2008, 17:25   #236
JVH
Senior - BHPian

It is always annoying to have a scratch/dent on a new car Feel for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy_2cool View Post
Well Dont have much to said as You went to Concorde Motors for my 1st Service.
By the way Concorde Motors will take a lot of time to get this done, I have experenced their work.....aaaahhh.

I Have Given the car today To Green Tracks for Its 2nd Service
will update more by the end of the Day.
A little bit but what made you chose GreenTracks for your second service rather than Concorde?
JVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2008, 18:57   #237
BHPian

Default Beasts Day Out @ Green Tracks for its Second Service 7560 kms

Just to update this thread after 7560 kms and Its second service.
Sorry for ther delay friends ,but I here I am now with the wonderful experience.The car, Is a carbon black SDE, it is exactly four-and-a-half months old now with approximately 7560 kms on the odo .

9:32 AM 9/16/2008:Took the car for its second service on Tuesday to Green Tracks.The workshop and the People of Green Tracks were well organized, very friendly ,the level of cleanliness and orderliness in a workshop is reflects of the quality of work also gives a better impression that your car is in safe hands.The workshop was spotlessly clean, well-lit and all tools were in place. No spillage, oil leaks, no water anywhere.

Babu as most of us know by this time came and greeted me good morning with enthusiastic hellos,along with Mr.Prasad .They did full inspection of the car,Babu looked at me with a smile "Sir The Cars 1st Dent ",Smile back at him and Said: yes see if you can do any thing about it : Said Here they do not do job of fixing dents ,also said Sir you can ignore it as its hardly visible: Ok .I was asked to Come down at 5: 30 pm,on time car was ready went for a test drive : BoY Oh BoY , I was Impressed: NO NOISE IN THE CAR,awesome

As Fiat recommends Oil Change and Oil Filter Change only at second service : I did the same ,The engine has became much more smooth after that and even the sound has reduced.I would say I dont Hear any noise sitting inside the car .The engine's ticking sweetly after the oil change .The car is running fine. I have done a 140 km drive after the Service today. The Noise levels from engine has reduced so much I cant tell you.There is a major difference in engine Noise from the 1st service.The car has become more somth and the Noise is hardly heard even when the windows are up or down.You can hardly feel if the Car is ON even when it is running @ 90 with 2.5 RMP man this is just awesome .GoodYear GPS 2 tubeless radials make a lot of road noise. Apart from that the clutch has also become very very smoth now it can change gears in Half clutch........

The claim by FIAT in advertisments that multijet is "SUPER SILENT" is 80% true.. as you clock in more kms without revving too much, the claim will be 95% true... kudos to FIAT...

Problems:
None so far. Touch wood& thank God.

Accident Repair
None so far. Touch wood & thank God.

Fuel Efficiency & Driving conditions:
Worst kind of Roads in Bangalore(Electronic city,Silk Board,Hosur Road, Madiwala) and 80% of driving between rush hours.
Average F E: 18.5 kmpl. Highway (2000 km trip): 22 kmpl. AC on 70% of time.
Fuel: Normal diesel from HP and Turbojet.

Service Costs:
Routine Service (as per manufacturer's recommendation): Rs 0/-
Engine coolant top-up : Rs 0/-
Engine Oil :Rs 626/-
Oil Filter Change: Rs 390/-
2+2 Nuts & Washer: Rs 12/-
VAT +Service Tax ,Total: Rs 1158/-

Service experience:
Green Tracks Gets :9 / 10.
They did a very nice job with the washing and cleaning ,
I am over all a very Happy customer both from FIAT and Green Tracks cant ask for more.

Last edited by jazzy_2cool : 17th September 2008 at 19:04.
Old 17th September 2008, 18:58   #238
BHPian

One more thing I would like to say had been to concorde motors today to meet sandeep ,he has given me some great price for MJD and Tata Vista ,if my friends would be interested . Also said that the MJD is on high sell and the wait time has been cut down to 15 days.
will update on the price list soon.

Last edited by jazzy_2cool : 17th September 2008 at 19:04.
Old 17th September 2008, 19:12   #239
Senior - BHPian

Farhan, Nice to know about your pleasant experience at GreenTracks!
I am another happy customer of GreenTracks!
They do a good job though their labour charges are bit high compared to other Fiat Tata ASCs.

Also GreenTrack does a great job in tinkering & paint too!
Do contact the Body Shop Manager (Jaykumar) if you have any denting/painting work.
finneyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2008, 19:28   #240
BHPian

@ finneyp:
Its a very light dent,which can only be noticed if you stand near the car.
I ll keep it like that or put some expensive sports sticker.