Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 17th September 2008, 20:19   #241
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Farhan, Nice to know about your pleasant experience at GreenTracks!
I am another happy customer of GreenTracks!
They do a good job though their labour charges are bit high compared to other Fiat Tata ASCs.

Also GreenTrack does a great job in tinkering & paint too!
Do contact the Body Shop Manager (Jaykumar) if you have any denting/painting work.
Yeah they are good. I did some minor paint work and they have done it very well. After seeing jazzy's experience with concorde I have been going to green tracks for all my palio work so far. They are a little expensive though.
zaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2008, 20:33   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy_2cool View Post

The claim by FIAT in advertisments that multijet is "SUPER SILENT" is 80% true.. as you clock in more kms without revving too much, the claim will be 95% true... kudos to FIAT...
yes this is my statement i had made earlier & i have no doubts abt FIAT...

just for a change, have a tank full of SHELL DIESEL & see the difference....

have patience for some more time & the turbo rpm band will be butter butter smooth.....
sanjaymugur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2008, 22:39   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaymugur View Post
yes this is my statement i had made earlier & i have no doubts abt FIAT...

just for a change, have a tank full of SHELL DIESEL & see the difference....

have patience for some more time & the turbo rpm band will be butter butter smooth.....
Yes, Pal You are correct .....Indeeded words come true.
jazzy_2cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2008, 11:02   #244
BHPian

My car went for the 1st service in Concorde Motors.

Service was Ok nothing extraordinary. Also, I got my Car's delivery at 6PM, there were minor issues with the washing and polishing of the car which took another 30 minutes to get resolved. So I was not much happy to get the car in full shape when there is not enough light to watch for minor scratches that sometimes Servicing guys leave.

I want to ask all guys who moved from Concorde to Green Tracks, what was the reason for doing so. I have seen by myself that all people in Concorde keep on running here and there showing that things are mismanaged.

I am seriously thinking or moving to Green Tracks now for my second service and want the Service Incharge to figure out what all is wrong in the car (if any ) and he should take car of all the minor sqeaking / rattling noises by himself after taking the car for test drive and calls me only when he is 100% satisfied by the work. Above all no unnecessary expenses should be charged to the customer by giving wrong information.

Is it what Green Track guys provide you all? If Yes then I am on to Green Tracks from now onwards
fiat_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2008, 12:29   #245
BHPian

Pal Go to Green Track once ,you will come to know if they are good or worst than Concorde Motors.
Old 19th September 2008, 12:47   #246
Senior - BHPian

Congrats! Nice car you have there.

No offence but pushing it to 170kmph on stock rubber is dangerous(I know it isnt as bad as the Swift OE tyres...but still!!)

Stay safe.
s0uljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2008, 18:59   #247
BHPian

Thanks & Very True Pal ,Even I not so happy with the OE tyres

Would be going for the upgrade soon.Looking forward to
185/65 Michelin XM1 tubeless- 3460 & 14" LENSO's
Old 22nd September 2008, 19:28   #248
BHPian

Default Palio MJD SDX, 8150 Km Review

Looks like It has been a Busy day for the Mods & Multijet owners lots of beautiful reviwes came in all day long .(Fiat's Day)
AadiAtPlay & zaks ,it was really nice to your experiences with the MJD.
Even I have some thing to add which will leave many mouths Open .

This is some thing which I was not Expecting at ALL.
As Most of you know that the my MJD went for its Second Service,few thing which I had noticed after the service were already shared,but now Review comes after some test and good running.

The Noise level of the engine has reduced to 95%,only 5 % of noise is heard only if you stand out side the car,The engine has became very very smooth, You can hardly feel if the Car is ON ,I am saying this again & again as I know how it used to act before,there is no rattling or vibration.This was not only noticed by me but my friends also.Now Looking at this behavior of the car I was fully surprised,So decided to take her for a Long Ride this weekends was moving in different parts of Bangalore (north to west ) did some good running ,Tested and pushed the car above 100-110 in (outring road+Hosur Road+whitefield ,hebbal) Guy you cant believe this Turbo ,The Gear shift ,Rpm band moves in like butter smooth....even when the car was pushed @ 80-90 with 2.5k RMP ,I could hardly feel that car is on and running at that speed .
THERE was NO Engine Noise ,Its Next to "SUPER SILENT".

By Monday morning saw that I had already done about 370 Kms
The fuel needle still stands above the middle mark,went for a Tank Full
& I was shock to see that the Fuel pump meter stops @ 17.9 ltrs asked the guy to pour slowly,meter stops again @ 18.2 ltrs ,fuel was full to the neck (God This is unbelievable).Switch on ignition,needle moves much above the Full Mark.Took out my cell used the calculator & the Result made me take a deep breath ,paid off the guy ,reached office with a smile on my face.

Average F E: 20.5 kmpl.AC on 0% of time.
Fuel: Normal diesel

I just did one thing different from the rest followed things as told by Fiat which recommends Oil Change and Oil Filter Change only at second service.
Old 24th September 2008, 00:00   #249
BHPian

Question to all Multijet Owners

I had Noticed one thing about the car during my trip that
The Cars steering becomes very light at high speeds (+150 ).
Has anyone noticed this ,Is This common with each and every car or Is it a problem in my car.
Old 24th September 2008, 00:41   #250
BHPian

it is common in all cars so don't worry
chetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2008, 07:41   #251
BHPian

Jazzy, since it is hydraulic steering, higher the speed, much quicker the hydraulic response.
Old 24th September 2008, 07:43   #252
BHPian

One thing I want somebody here to clear - my engine oil is a little black now and I changed it on first service about 1.5 months back, is this normal?
Old 24th September 2008, 11:24   #253
Senior - BHPian

Hi zaks,

> my engine oil is a little black now and I changed it on first service about 1.5 > months back, is this normal?

In a diesel engine, the colour becomes black very quickly. It is normal.
trrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2008, 17:49   #254
BHPian

Yes Pal Its Normal so dont worry ,
Old 24th September 2008, 18:04   #255
BHPian

do green tracks handle free service ? , i have one more left for my 1.6 , some how i am not convinced with Concorde motors .
chetan is offline   Reply With Quote