Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 24th September 2008, 18:11   #256
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetan View Post
do green tracks handle free service ? , i have one more left for my 1.6 , some how i am not convinced with Concorde motors .
Yes Sir they do ,Call them up before you go there.
jazzy_2cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2008, 00:28   #257
BHPian

sorry OT, but which are the metellic colours on the MJD? Also has any member bought the blue MJD?
sudipt123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2008, 06:47   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudipt123 View Post
sorry OT, but which are the metellic colours on the MJD? Also has any member bought the blue MJD?
Dude check it out in the Fiats web site,
Not sure about any member bought the blue MJD,but I have seen couple of them in my office ,looks equally Good.
Old 25th September 2008, 10:19   #259
BHPian

i think all colors are metallic...at least i havent seen Fiat mark any color as non-metallic.

AFAIK, only Hyundai cars have a different (lower) price for non-metallic colors
CtrlAltDel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2008, 06:52   #260
BHPian

Owners of MJD.

i have a small query.

I drove my vehicle for the day and while returning from office i felt clutch becoming harder. Immediately after reaching home i checked for clutch / power OIL and i can see adequate amount of oil in the respective tanks.

My car has covered 4500 Kms only.

I am planning for a trip to Pondy by this weekend (300 Kms up and down).
Is there something serious i should take care before my trip?
Black_Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2008, 12:19   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy_2cool View Post
Dude check it out in the Fiats web site,
Not sure about any member bought the blue MJD,but I have seen couple of them in my office ,looks equally Good.
jazzy_2cool, Fiat has not specified about the type of paint in the MJD- whether it's metallic or solid. It's not mentioned in the MJD brochure as well. I find it pretty strange.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
i think all colors are metallic...at least i havent seen Fiat mark any color as non-metallic.

AFAIK, only Hyundai cars have a different (lower) price for non-metallic colors
CtrlAltDel, the mint white colour is non-metallic. It was discussed in some ownership thread- maybe Tom's thread. Also the black colour as specified in the brochure is different to what someone has bought- another ownership thread. I think the furnace red is a metallic colour.
sudipt123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2008, 12:49   #262
Senior - BHPian

Hi Black_Beast,

> power OIL and i can see adequate amount of oil in the respective tanks.

You should try and bleed the system at the service centre. Air in the system could casue this.
trrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2008, 15:39   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudipt123 View Post
jazzy_2cool, Fiat has not specified about the type of paint in the MJD- whether it's metallic or solid. It's not mentioned in the MJD brochure as well. I find it pretty strange.

CtrlAltDel, the mint white colour is non-metallic. It was discussed in some ownership thread- maybe Tom's thread. Also the black colour as specified in the brochure is different to what someone has bought- another ownership thread. I think the furnace red is a metallic colour.
The Furnace Red and Magnesium Grey look metallic. The rest all look like non-metallic. Not sure though...
TomRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2008, 16:25   #264
BHPian

I would think that even the BLUE on Palio should be mettalic. Have seen White, Red, Black, Grey MJDs on the forum. I guess now only the Blue is left.
Autocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2008, 14:53   #265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by butcherSS
I have been reading your posts on the MJD you have.

I just got one recently(SDX black) and am pretty obsessive about it. So I want it to be in the same great condition you'v managed to get her into....the super silent smooth engine.

So if you could tell me how you drove her around initially for the first 1000kms and the next and so on I would really appreciate it.

Thanks a lot again
Vijay
Try Keeping the RPM below 2500rpm presently as suggested in 'Run-in Thread' here.Going through the gears carefully and steadily.Not slotting to 5th below 60KMPH .Sticking to 4th @ 40-55KMPH at 1800-2100RPM.

Do things As Fiat recommends Oil Change and Oil Filter Change only at second service : I did the same .

Use normal diesel.

last but definately not the least, use the dead pedal in every traffic condition,except bumper to bumper it is there for a reason. FE will improve.
Old 13th October 2008, 19:39   #266

I have just driven 100 kms today ..work related stuff and I cant get enough of her. I just love the 3rd gear especially when you accelerate even a little hard, it really is the calm before the storm, you know whats coming when the tacho needle inches towards the 1800 mark but your always always suprised almost like a quickie but that would be conjecture.

I have managed to stick within the 2-2.2 rpm limit but sometimes ever so rarely I touch 2.5 without realising ...anything wrong in that...?
Also I drove a trecherous stretch of about 10kms with muddy rain water ..potholes and silt. Should I hose the undercarriage and wheel wells ?

Thirdly and depressingly got my first scratch/damage. I was taking a U-turn and having creeped my way pretty much all the way onto the road blocking all traffic in my direction and am now looking the other way to see if i can go through and release the clutch and before I know it there's a flash of black and this bike slams my front right bumper and hits the ground. Stupid wank wanted to rip through the little space between my car and the divider.
Although no dent there are some major scratches and much to my dismay the lower part of the bumper (the plastic section) is shredded. Dont know how. This is around the fog light . Any clues how much it would cost to replace this front right section ?
butcherSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2008, 21:50   #267
BHPian

Its a sad part of driving our cars in the traffic which do not follow any rules.

If the front bumper is of SDX then its
6500 Rs approx (one cannot replace any section of this bumper- full bumper has to be replaced if owner can not live with the damage)
But hang on there is a catch in it. This bumper doesnot come in any color/bodycolor.
You have to get it paint to match to your car's color and that may cost you from 3000 to 4000Rs more.
fiat_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2008, 23:33   #268
BHPian

just dont do any thing,these thing are normal to happen once the car is on road no matter what you do and we need to be mentally prepared for it.Be extra careful with clutch ,the car jumps like a horse & do keep safe distance when in traffic .

Last edited by jazzy_2cool : 13th October 2008 at 23:34.
Old 25th October 2008, 10:19   #269

Almost touching 1200 kms time for my first service . Anyone from chennai have any bad experiences from the VST service center?

Also I wanted to ask recommended tyre pressures....I usually do about 50-60kms a day all alone some days there's two of us.

Also another thing ...and I know its been revisited again and again but sometimes there's this zone where your on the border of the tacho band for 3rd around 1000 and its too high for 2nd gear the car jerk violently when you downshift . Anything wrong in lugging the car for a couple of seconds in 3rd ?
butcherSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2008, 00:15   #270
Senior - BHPian

check with Rahulkool, his Stile 1.6 had a serious shunt and I think he went to VST Chennai for the repairs. He could help you. Just PM him.
architect is offline   Reply With Quote