Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 7th July 2008, 16:00   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AadiAtPlay View Post
Hi Dud,

Not that i am trying to sell concorde or anything but what is said is basically true.

I have a SDX and Autocop for about 2 months now and i am seriously thinking of changing it, the problems i face.

1. the after market installer disconnected my cabin lights so that Autocop works fine

2. the service ppl reconnected the cabin lights upon my request.

now some times when i unlock the car it give an alarm tone for about a sec (no idea why?)

If i try to unlock the car before the cabin light go out (the come on if any of the front door are open) The alarm goes off and wont shut of until i press the "unlock" button.

So i dont know if these guys dont know how to install Autocop on a Palio or Fiat really has a very unique set of requirements.

What i do know is Autocop on my car is less than perfect.
Its true...Fiat do no recommend a after market security system since that can complicate electricals inside...a fellow bhpian is also facing the same issue as yours...when the car was ignited, the headlight glowed but din't start the engine. Installed a TATA approved System. Says saw the box it had TATA Genuine sticker and the box had a big Palio Stile pic. Probably made for the Stile only

Pay extra and live your life in peace...thats the mantra

Cheers~
rudrah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2008, 16:23   #107
niti

Hi Jazzy,
Very nice way of explaining. So you strongly advise to buy a Palio MJD
Old 7th July 2008, 16:31   #108
BHPian

@ Lukeskywalker

Dear Pal , IF you liked the Car then Go ahead ,
there are many other options open for you like Manipal or Prerna Motors .
I would Say SDX is a better option then SDE.
jazzy_2cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2008, 16:42   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy_2cool View Post
@ Lukeskywalker
I would Say SDX is a better option then SDE.
Farhan, Hari was there to TD the Indigo and not the MJD .
rjstyles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2008, 17:30   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
Hi all, going slightly OT here) just landed at Concorde motors at dairy circle last evening as the idea of replacing my 3 year old Santro xing has just started taking shape.

I actually went to check out the new Indigo CS because one of my friend's (also a member here) told me about it.

My findings:

Indigo CS TDI : Good car for a small family who want a sedan but are slightly low on the cost factor. Engine is a bit rough(this is in comparision), plastic quality is, well, Tata quality (bad).

Indigo CS Dicor: same as above, engine is a bit more refined, but the car I drove shuddered a lot everytime I lifted my foot off the pedal.

Then I asked for a test drive of the MJD, I was taken aback at the performance, tank like build and very good fit and finish. Now am seriously considering buying this car, that is after I take a test drive of the Swift VDI too.
I think this is what was said .......
Old 7th July 2008, 18:27   #111
Senior - BHPian

@ Riju and @ jazzy 2cool, yes I was there to test drive the Indigo CS, but since was there, I thought why not check out the Palio too.

I sure did like the Palio MJD, that's mainly because I was looking for a second car which preferably is a hatchback and of course the Palio is not new to me as my brother owns one almost since it was launched.

Today I met some Pratham motors representatives who were holding a road show near my place. They say they have no TD Swift VDI, one has to drive a petrol version and then decide if one wants to buy a diesel instead .
Lukeskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2008, 18:28   #112
BHPian

@ Niti

No Dear, I am not here to advise any one what to buy and what not too.
I am thankful to team-bhp because I did get a lot of informations which helped me in making my choice for MJD-SDX
Old 7th July 2008, 18:57   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
They say they have no TD Swift VDI, one has to drive a petrol version and then decide if one wants to buy a diesel instead .
Are they serious?

Why don't you go to the showroom itself and test drive the car, or ask them to get it at your door step?
deepakhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2008, 19:48   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Why don't you go to the showroom itself and test drive the car, or ask them to get it at your door step?
That's the catch, according to that guy, Pratham Motors do not have a Swift diesel vehicle for test driving, not that they did not have it at the road show.
I told him that what he was suggesting is akin to wanting to buy a maruti car and being asked to drive a fiat or ambassador for testing.
Lukeskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2008, 12:11   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudrah View Post
Pay extra and live your life in peace...thats the mantra
Very very True.

Same goes for my ICE. My tweeters are not installed in the right place. My MDF parcel tray clatters at times. My HU juts out abut half a cm more than it is supposed too.

All to save a few buck. Blau is expensive.

Now that i think of it i should have put in about 10 k-15K more and lived in peace.

Well live and learn
AadiAtPlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2008, 14:20   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy_2cool View Post
@ Zak

How many Km Have you done.
I have done about 800km until now. I have unfortunately ended up with a few scratches on the side near the headlights don't know where I brushed. The car is so robust that I find it hard to notice even if I nick some other vehicle! The dealer was saying that I should get a teflon coating on first service, what do you guys say? I have read here that it's not advisable.
Meanwhile @jazzy did you get your insurance papers? I am yet to get mine.
zaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2008, 15:36   #117
BHPian

Zaks, i they are mere scratched paint dont worry...I had similar, when i got the scratch i heard sound like a mineral water bottle being crushed easy to assume something came under the tires.

Reason not to worry, concorde did an excellent touchup job for me. I have a furnance red you know that it is a combo of red and copper yet i cannot makeout where the scratch was after first service.
AadiAtPlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2008, 09:01   #118
BHPian

Hmm...The 1.3 multijet palio is a good choice. Had the car for some time with me. Solid car.

Attached here are some of the pics that I clicked

Finally Got The Black Beast Home (Palio1.3 MJD)-palio-1.jpg

Finally Got The Black Beast Home (Palio1.3 MJD)-palio-2.jpg

Finally Got The Black Beast Home (Palio1.3 MJD)-palio-3.jpg

Finally Got The Black Beast Home (Palio1.3 MJD)-palio-4.jpg
vivekji05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2008, 10:49   #119
BHPian

Wow.. Excellent pictures there Vivek!
revved_up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2008, 11:28   #120
BHPian

Beautifully captured...Black beauty! Btw from which cam u captured it??
rudrah is online now   Reply With Quote