Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 9th July 2008, 11:34   #121
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics there Vivek!

Alloys and Rear spoiler will add to the beauty!
finneyp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2008, 13:32   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaks View Post
@jazzy did you get your insurance papers? I am yet to get mine.
@ Zak,
Someone came down from Blue dart on Saturday
But I missed it was not at home ,found a letter to call them , will collect it this weekend.
jazzy_2cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2008, 16:33   #123
BHPian

Hi All,
Help Needed ,
Do we Need to change the Engine Oil during the 1st servicing.
Old 13th July 2008, 17:06   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy_2cool View Post
Hi All,
Help Needed ,
Not according to the FIAT, but many here suggest to change it for first service.
zaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2008, 18:03   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaks View Post
Not according to the FIAT, but many here suggest to change it for first service.
Thats strange on Fiat's part. Considering swift has the same engine, Maruti does recommend an engine oil change.

Farhan, I would strongly recommend you to get the oil change because during the initial run of the engine a little more than the regular wear and tear happens which results in particles getting into the engine oil. So get it changed so that those particles are drained out with the oil.
revved_up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2008, 23:37   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1st Service which is due after 2 months of sale or 1000 kms is just a check-up service, to ensure that car is functioning well etc.

The proper service will be 2nd one (after 6 months of sale), which includes Engine Oil, Oil filter change etc.

Last edited by finneyp : 13th July 2008 at 23:39.
finneyp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2008, 23:47   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,
Help Needed ,
Fiat recommends Oil Change and Oil Filter Change only at second service which is 6 months / 7500 kms.

However, I got it changed and I don't regret the decision. The engine became much more smooth after that and even the sound has reduced considerably since then. It's a matter of 600 bucks or so, so it doesn't hurt. I was not in favour of running a new engine for 7500 kms with the same oil. It's your decision.
architect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2008, 00:54   #128
Distinguished - BHPian

absolutely, you MUST!

All said, there's always some muck/filings that will come out when you drain it.

Ofcourse my view is primarily as a biker who swears by mototuning
phamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2008, 16:09   #129
BHPian

I had completed 1456 Km on Sunday and took the car for its first service on Tuesday From Concorde Motors workshop @ (Hosur Road opp to dakshin honda show room ) every thing went fine Called in Monday Morning for the booking was offered a service date Tuesday 11.00 am,took the car to the concorde Yard on Tuesday Morning :The Guard came and asked us to move into the customer lobby.

The workshop and the Tata People were well organized was asked to wait for sometime, after which
a guy name Shiva came and asked me if the car is facing any issues or any rattles .Informed Him that there is no such problem ,then he did a full An inspection of the car and found that there was a scratch a low left hand of the Bumper which I had never seen he told me that they will do the same paint if I want. Then I met Mr Nair from the PD dept who logs cases from FIAT he was also was very helpful The experience was too good, I was not hoping to see such a good welcome. They did a very nice job with the washing and cleaning and did a top up of coolants.

They did the usual checkups and on my insistence They also did a spray painting for the scratch.each and every work was done in front of my eyes, It was 3 pm when I got a call from my office so had to rush Back, without the car as they had to the cleaning which would has taken more time .Gave my Business card and asked them to drop the car back to office .The car was there in office @ 5 with a Bill in the hand of the driver :

My friends said that they will charge you for the extra thing you asked for but I was shocked to see the Bill:
1.2k Paint for Bumper : Price 0 Rs
2.2 ltrs coolant top up : Price 0 Rs
3.Car Droped at door step : Price 0 Rs
Final Total Labour Amount: Price 0 Rs

Now the best part
I tanked her up this morning at , after the calculations, the FE came out to be 18.3 Km/L, this is with 50% AC.
Old 16th July 2008, 16:21   #130
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekji05 View Post
Attached here are some of the pics that I clicked
Nice pics. Was it captured by panning?
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2008, 18:44   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Now the best part
I tanked her up this morning at , after the calculations, the FE came out to be 18.3 Km/L, this is with 50% AC.
happy to hear TATA service is doing thier job what FIAT asked them to do...

thats an excellent mileage within city limits..

could you please update us on the noise levels from engine inside the cabin with windows rolledup...

i also got to know from Babu( Green Tracks) that one of customers of MJT STILE reported 30kmpl on highway drive which had hardly 2K kms on the odo..

if overdrive conservative figures were 25kmpl on highway, 30kmpl is believable..

FIAT, always....
sanjaymugur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2008, 18:50   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now the best part
Thats an awesome mileage that too with 50% AC. Congrats Jazzy.. Awesome car with an awesome mileage as well!! Thats a great combo i must say..
abhinav.s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2008, 20:12   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaymugur View Post
happy to hear TATA service is doing thier job what FIAT asked them to do...

thats an excellent mileage within city limits..

could you please update us on the noise levels from engine inside the cabin with windows rolledup...

i also got to know from Babu( Green Tracks) that one of customers of MJT STILE reported 30kmpl on highway drive which had hardly 2K kms on the odo..

if overdrive conservative figures were 25kmpl on highway, 30kmpl is believable..

FIAT, always....
@ sanjaymugur

Well my friend Being very Honest to You, My friends were forcing me to take the car to Green Tracks as we all Know Babu & Green Tracks THE BEST FOR Fiat Palio
But I wanted to " TEST "FIAT/TATA Service Experience.Thank GODd It WAS GOOD.

The Noise levels from engine has reduced so much I cant tell you.There is a major difference in engine Noise after the 1st service
The car has become more somth and the Noise is hardly heard even when the windows are down . This is One of the Major difference I had Felt not to forget there was no noise before the 1st service with all for windows up ,but now if all windows are up you can hardly feel if the Car is ON even when it is running @ 60.Apart from that the clutch has also become very smoth I dont have to press it fully now it can change gears in Half clutch........

I have not taken the car in a Highway Yet , But very soon I'll be taking it for a Very Long Ride of above 4,000 Km back Home (Bangalore -Kolkata)
Only after that I will be in a Poisonto say What Is the Highway Mileage .
Old 17th July 2008, 12:54   #134
BHPian

Quote:
@ sanjaymugur

Well my friend Being very Honest to You, My friends were forcing me to take the car to Green Tracks as we all Know Babu & Green Tracks THE BEST FOR Fiat Palio
But I wanted to " TEST "FIAT/TATA Service Experience.Thank GODd It WAS GOOD.
ya , green tracks are competent & more than that, they are willing to do listen to customer & eager to do a job , even if you go on a saturday without appointment.. they definitely know about PALIO's more than anybody else...

Quote:
The Noise levels from engine has reduced so much I cant tell you.There is a major difference in engine Noise after the 1st service
The car has become more somth and the Noise is hardly heard even when the windows are down . This is One of the Major difference I had Felt not to forget there was no noise before the 1st service with all for windows up ,but now if all windows are up you can hardly feel if the Car is ON even when it is running @ 60.Apart from that the clutch has also become very smoth I dont have to press it fully now it can change gears in Half clutch......
wow, thats good to hear. err.. i did not hear .... so atleast the claim by FIAT in advertisments that multijet is "SUPER SILENT" is 70% true.. as you clock in more kms without revving too much, the claim will be 90% true... kudos to FIAT...

even i was not impressesd with noise levels in a test drive car, atleast car delivered to customer is good.. happy to know that..

try to depress that hyraulic clutch fully, it will help shift gears more smoothly.. your leg will get used to long play of clutch..

Quote:
I have not taken the car in a Highway Yet , But very soon I'll be taking it for a Very Long Ride of above 4,000 Km back Home (Bangalore -Kolkata)
Only after that I will be in a Poisonto say What Is the Highway Mileage .
that will be one great ride... i am sure you will fall in love with your car like nothing else...
just a suggestion, if you have not changed engine oil in the first service, pl do that before your long journey...
& try to upgrade your headlamps to higher wattage, on that long journey you will definetly end up doing night dirves....

alll the best... keep us updated on your MJT..

FIAT, always....
sanjaymugur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2008, 18:12   #135
BHPian

@ sanjaymugur

Thanks for the Update ,
Do I also need to carry extra 2Lts of coolant in the car during the Ride.
Any what Are the other things which i need to carry with Me.