Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 1st July 2008, 12:30   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandtheleo View Post
Was driving the car over the weekend. The A/c is very very good. The fan at level 1 is enough for the cabin to get cold in 15 mins. The cars pick up and drivability is quiet good. It pulls decently from 1000 rpm in 3rd gear with the a/c on.

The gears, especially the first & second feel a little hard, this I am hoping will get better as i log-in more miles and the engine and gear-box frees up more. The first service is due in 1200-1500 kms or within 2 months. But there is no oil change in the first service.

Brakes have good bite, the travel is very short and does not show any spongy feel. The default music system is quiet good and the bass/treble both are quiet good. Boot space was used to the full in the weekend, could put in 3-4 jute bags, and a big hand carry in the boot with out any fuss. Also was able to squeeze in a big travelers suitcase separately.

Anand.S

Hi Anand,

Happy that you are enjoying the car.Have you put on any other accessories??the most interesting question,what are your plans to maintain the beige interiors??
Raajiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2008, 12:34   #32
Senior - BHPian

Congrats! I didn't know that I10 had a door ajar warning indicator.
amtak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2008, 12:53   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, the parking is a bit tight.
Congrats on your new i10 Anand!

We can see that, for taking pics of the rear you have opened the gate!
karanraheja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2008, 14:29   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raajiv View Post
Hi Anand,

Happy that you are enjoying the car.Have you put on any other accessories??the most interesting question,what are your plans to maintain the beige interiors??
Hi Raajiv,

No accessories till date. Planning to go for seat covers this weekend. I liked a pattern in HMP, but they told me it was 6500 bucks. Did not feel it was vfm. Will be scouting GP road for the covers. But again, I feel only choice for seat cover color, would be beige. But i guess i cannot avoid seat covers since my 8 month old daughter is raring to go at the present ones.

What else do you suggest since you have more expereince than me in maintenance?
anandtheleo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2008, 15:23   #35
BHPian

Hi Ananth,

I agree you cannot choose the dark seat covers for i10.Simply it does not match.But, getting a good quality art leather seat cover from reputed brands like G Sport would help a lot rather than the fabric ones.

Also,Get some good quality under -matting done for the car.This would be a long dark poly ethene that would be pasted beneath the carpet.This can help a lot when cleaning the floor of the car since the dust does not get stuck with the fabric material in the carpet.
Old 9th July 2008, 09:38   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raajiv View Post
getting a good quality art leather seat cover from reputed brands like G Sport would help a lot rather than the fabric ones.

Also,Get some good quality under -matting done for the car.This would be a long dark poly ethene that would be pasted beneath the carpet..
What is this undermatting? Any brand names? This is something I have been looking for.

Quote:
But i guess i cannot avoid seat covers since my 8 month old daughter is raring to go at the present ones.
Yep, I have three kids, and the only way to go is art leather covers. They can be wiped clean easily and look pretty smart. Fabric covers are when your children are above 18!
filcord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2008, 14:50   #37
BHPian

Excellent snaps of the interior... the beige really makes it look a lot more cheerful than the grey found in most other cars.

Enjoy your car and let us know your driving impressions!

Cheers!
sirajbose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2008, 17:14   #38
BHPian

I got seat-covers for the car last weekend. They are dual tone artificial leather. Got them for 3500 in a shop called Kwality auto accessories, the shop is on North Usman road.

Also fitted an anti-skid mat on the small cub-hole provided just below the music player. I keep my mobile there and it was bouncing around before putting this mat. Quiet useful. Also put the mat in the bottle and cup holder, this prevents them from bouncing and creating noises. Got the mat for 100 bucks from the same place.

Will post photos of these shortly.
Old 9th July 2008, 17:29   #39
BHPian

[quote=filcord;896879]What is this undermatting? Any brand names? This is something I have been looking for.

Well,that mat is not a well known brand.Some local make,i guess.Basically,this mat runs through the floor of the car and it is below the rubber mats that comes normally with the car.
Old 9th July 2008, 17:29   #40
BHPian

Congrats Anand for the new car. The pics are really good. Your review is also very helpful.
ravi@64bhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2008, 17:51   #41
BHPian

[quote=Raajiv;897583]
Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord View Post
What is this undermatting? Any brand names? This is something I have been looking for.

Well,that mat is not a well known brand.Some local make,i guess.Basically,this mat runs through the floor of the car and it is below the rubber mats that comes normally with the car.

Hi Raajiv,

I did inquire about the under matting. The guy told me that they would remove the front seats entirely to do this work. I was a little afraid to subject my 1 week old car to this. I was also little apprehensive of rattles creeping in because of shoddy work in installing the mats.

Do you know any reputed installer for this?

Anand.S
Old 9th July 2008, 17:55   #42
BHPian

That colour looks smashing! take care of it!

COngrats on your new ride Anand

ELito
Elito11 is offline   Reply With Quote