Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 16th February 2009, 13:27   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharma_sanjeevi View Post
Hi Friends,

Finally i have decided to go in for the Reverse Parking Sensors for my Dzire, as i do not want to go for the normal parking sensors which are drilled into the cars bumper.

I was searching for some information on them for the same on T-BHP, in one of the threads i found a topic on "Electromagnetic Parking Sensors", related to that i need soem information mentioned below:

1. Are they available in India ?
2. Where can i get them in Mumbai ?
3. Is the installation easy ?
4. Heard they dont come with a LCD screen, we have to rely on the beep intensity for judgement ?
5. What is the price difference between simple ultrasonic & electromagnetic sensors ?

Apologies for asking so many questions at a time, as i didnt got much information on the other thread.

regards,
Sanjeev

Any particular reasons why you're apprehensive for the conventional sensors. If u get them in your car colour - you wont even realise they are on. I think they are more precise then the electromagnetic ones.

And trust me you'l hate the beeps after sometime.. The visual indicators are the best
ThE_DoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2009, 10:54   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThE_DoN View Post
Any particular reasons why you're apprehensive for the conventional sensors. If u get them in your car colour - you wont even realise they are on. I think they are more precise then the electromagnetic ones.

And trust me you'l hate the beeps after sometime.. The visual indicators are the best
Hi ThE_DoN, reason for the apprehension, that they are not available in my car color and black ones dosent look good.

Do you have any information on the availability of the Electromagnetic ones in India.

Thanks for the reply.

regards,
Sanjeev
sharma_sanjeevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2009, 11:17   #33
BHPian

Default Mileage Update after Three Months of 3rd Service

Hi Friends,

Here is the update on the Mileage after IIIrd Service, i am getting 16.32 Kmpl with 90% AC ON, in a mix of city & highway driving, calculated by tank-full-to-tank-full, I am very happy with the mileage it seems to be a good blend of Power & Fuel Economy.

The Engine has become more smoother & VERY silent at idle, but there is a little bit of Harshness when the car is revved in the First Gear.

Will update you guys shortly on the Pure Highway Mileage, as a trip to Lonavala is planned on this Long Weekend

Earlier plans for the drive were shattered by the outbreak of Swine Flu.

regards,
Sanjeev

Last edited by sharma_sanjeevi : 25th September 2009 at 11:19.
Old 27th September 2009, 17:31   #34
BHPian

Default Lonavala Trip Update

Planned for a trip to Lonavala on today (Sunday, 27-09-2009), it was a nice bright & sunny morning the weather was pleasant not too hot or humid. It turned out to be a flying visit with two kids & wifey.

Expected time of starting the journey was 8:00 am in the morning, but due to some last minute delay we started @ 10.47 am from Airoli, started the car & the G13 BB came to life with a sweet note, after 30-40 seconds of idling started off for the trip, reached the Thane Belapur Highway, and from there onwards there was very less traffic being a Sunday, now as the day progressed the weather was becoming hotter and being a bright sunny day we travelled with almost 98% AC ON.

Reached Lonavala around 12:20, i constantly maintained speeds of 80-90 Kmph & the RPM's between 2000-2400 on the highway. Just one instance for a few seconds i took it to 120 Kmph at that speed the car was asking for more, i didnt felt that engine was feeling strained. It was a very nice drive till Lonavala, the car behaved superbly throughout the journey.

Reached Bushi dam in another 15 mins of ride from the Highway, there we stopped for some Food, then headed for the dam from there, we spent around 30-40 mins there at the dam.

At around 2:20 pm we left for the return journey on the way took some Chikkis for the Kid (as the younger one is still on Milk hehe) and set off, @ 4:00 pm we reached home comfortably, maintained constant speed of 80-90 Kmph while returning also.

Was able to click only two pics, will post them when i download them from the camera.

Now the main part, the performance of the Car, mentioned below are the +ves & -ves of the car which i noticed:

+ves:
1. Awesome ride, it was very comfortable, wifey had no chances to complain for any sort of discomfort.
2. Excellent Cruising abilities of this 1.3 Litre G-13 BB unit.
3. Good steering feedback, the steering was light when it was ought to be and felt heavy on speeds of 80-90 Kmph.
4. Very easy to handle on the narrow roads of Lonavala, taking U turns on these roads was a breeze.
5. There was no problem or strain on the engine while climbing on the ghat section with AC ON, the car climbed the steep ghat in 3rd gear without straining the Engine.
6. The Engine is rev happy & peppy performer, enjoyed driving it.

-ves:
1. At low RPM's the engine needs to be revved to get the performance.
2. The stock tyres on hard cornering tend to lose grip, it dosent inspire confidence on hard cornering, thinking of upgrading the tyres to higher profile (ZXi ones).

The Mileage:
This is the most important factor which i wanted to know, What is the pure highway mileage ?

I will update this part tomorrow, when in the morning i will top up the petrol.

Last edited by sharma_sanjeevi : 27th September 2009 at 17:42.
Old 28th September 2009, 08:35   #35
BHPian

Default Fuel Efficiency Update

Did a Tank full @7:45 am today, the details are:

1. Total Distance Covered: 188.7 Kms.
2. Petrol topped up today morning: 9.97 Litres

Fuel Efficiency = 188.7 / 9.97 = 18.92 Kmpl

These are fantastic FE figures with 98% AC ON.

Any other Dzire petrol user who has calculated the Pure Highway FE figures, request you to share.

Last edited by sharma_sanjeevi : 28th September 2009 at 08:42.
Old 4th February 2011, 23:15   #36
BANNED

Default Re: Got my Dzire Sovereign Blue VXI on 4th June 2008

@sharma sanjeevi - Hey man. You havent updated this thread since quite a long time. Any updates? It would be great if you told us about the problems you have been facing (if you are)
Also share the overall experience with the car.
DMehta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2011, 08:00   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMehta View Post
@sharma sanjeevi - Hey man. You havent updated this thread since quite a long time. Any updates? It would be great if you told us about the problems you have been facing (if you are)
Also share the overall experience with the car.
Hey DMehta, buddy, the overall experience with the Car till now has been "Fantastic". It is a true VFM Car to have, and a treat to drive. The G13BB Engine is fun to drive, the only issue it is a bit lethargic in low end response.

Regarding the problems faced, the only problem i faced was some rattling sound coming from the Front Passenger Door. The culprit was the clip which holds the speaker.
Old 5th February 2011, 14:54   #38
Senior - BHPian

IIRC, you had mentioned in other forum that you'll be selling your Maruti Dzire. So, which will be your next car?

or have you opted not to sell your car in the near future?
Klub Class is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2011, 16:32   #39
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharma_sanjeevi View Post
Hey DMehta, buddy, the overall experience with the Car till now has been "Fantastic". It is a true VFM Car to have, and a treat to drive. The G13BB Engine is fun to drive, the only issue it is a bit lethargic in low end response.

Regarding the problems faced, the only problem i faced was some rattling sound coming from the Front Passenger Door. The culprit was the clip which holds the speaker.
i am facing the same problem and it is still not rectified. i will see to it that it is rectified asap.
How much did it cost for you to rectify this? and did you get it done from a maruti authorized workshop pr a local mechanic and how much time did it take to get it repaired?
Old 5th February 2011, 17:38   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
IIRC, you had mentioned in other forum that you'll be selling your Maruti Dzire. So, which will be your next car?
or have you opted not to sell your car in the near future?
You are absolutelty right Amith i am going to sell my Car soon, as it is a Company Leased Vehicle and the Tenure is coming to an end in April-2011. And after the lease is over, i will not be able to take benefit of the Income Tax Exemption, Fuel & Maintenance claim, which i am claiming through this car.

Regarding my Next Car, there are 3 Contenders mentioned below, do let me know what are your views on these, expert advise needed:

1. FIAT Linea E+ MJD
2. Hyundai Verna CRDi RB: Soon to be launched.
3. Volkswagen Vento TDi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMehta View Post
i am facing the same problem and it is still not rectified. i will see to it that it is rectified asap.
How much did it cost for you to rectify this? and did you get it done from a maruti authorized workshop pr a local mechanic and how much time did it take to get it repaired?
Buddy, i got it resolved from my trusted Local Mechanic for 10 years. It costed me Just Rs. 150/-.

Which Variant are you having, i mean Petrol or Diesel ? the rattling issues are common in Swift / Dzire. Seriously, Maruti should have rectified the same by now, why are they taking so long to reolve such a small problem.

Last edited by sharma_sanjeevi : 5th February 2011 at 17:39.
Old 5th February 2011, 20:48   #41
BANNED

I have the vxi variant.
here is the link to my thread,
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ip-thread.html (Swift Dzire VXi 17,000 km ownership thread)
My car had recently gone for accident repair, they could not even diagnose the problem of the rattling.