Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 9th July 2008, 23:03   #46
BHPian

Default Fabia owner in the making

What color?
I am going in for the red color for my Fabia. Inside the showroom white did not look that much, but out in the sun it looked royal. Silver looked traditional. And the biege color looked classy.

Dear readers, what is your choice of color for the Fabia?
AdvaithC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2008, 09:03   #47
BHPian

Default Polo not sold in the US

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdvaithC View Post
....something like the VW Polo hatch (I drove it in the US and it rocks!).
Advaith, Polo is not sold in the US. Are you referring to the Golf?
PraveenM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2008, 11:22   #48
BHPian

Quote:
What color?
I am going in for the red color for my Fabia. Inside the showroom white did not look that much, but out in the sun it looked royal. Silver looked traditional. And the biege color looked classy.

AdvaithC: Sir, I ended up with Steel Grey which is Czech for Metallic Blue-though my preference would have been white.
I've seen a couple of reds around and they look passionate and certainly have presence. Good choice.

I agree that silver is kind of plain- it just struck me that silver lacks laughter or warmth or music on the Q7, Innova, Zen and other cars I've spied since yesterday. Probabaly the best thing going for it is the thermal efficiency it brings.
netchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2008, 11:57   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraveenM View Post
Advaith, Polo is not sold in the US. Are you referring to the Golf?
Yeah that's right. Had just read an article about VW Polo coming to India. Guess it stayed on my mind while writing this. Like Fabia, Golf is also a big size hatch and the side profile/ rear look quite the same. But Golf comes with a 1900cc and 115BHP - wow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by netchef View Post
I agree that silver is kind of plain...Probabaly the best thing going for it is the thermal efficiency it brings.
Didn't knew that. Thanks.
Old 14th July 2008, 12:29   #50
BHPian

Quote:
I agree that silver is kind of plain- it just struck me that silver lacks laughter or warmth or music on the Q7, Innova, Zen and other cars I've spied since yesterday. Probabaly the best thing going for it is the thermal efficiency it brings.
Also for low maintenance.
MadRash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2008, 13:05   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadRash View Post
Also for low maintenance.
MadRash:
Very true, Sir.
Old 14th July 2008, 13:58   #52
BHPian

Default Skoda Fabia: Paint question

Quote:
MadRash: Very true, Sir.
Speaking of paint maintenance, in any old red colored Skoda I see it is clear that the glossy finish has worn off - just a thick red stays on.

Would this happen even in the red Fabia too? Is the "corrida red" on Fabia different from the old red colored Skodas? Or is it a matter how often you wax n polish these babies?

Also the sales guy had mentioned the 2 year warranty also covers the paint. Does this warranty include the glossy finish of the paint? Asking because the red on Fabia wouldn't look as good if the glossy finish goes off.
Old 14th July 2008, 15:23   #53
BHPian

AdvaithC:
I have a Fabia 1.4 TDI Classic and its Corrida Red. I too had the fading doubt and finally decided to go for red.

Im happy with the color. Comparing with other cars, Fabia's red is very bright. It's a real "head turner". But maintain is high. I washed the car for almost an hour today morning. (first day to my office ) I hate pigeons

Regards
Mahesh
Old 14th July 2008, 19:17   #54
BHPian

Quote:
AdvaithC:
I have a Fabia 1.4 TDI Classic and its Corrida Red. I too had the fading doubt and finally decided to go for red.

Im happy with the color. Comparing with other cars, Fabia's red is very bright. It's a real "head turner". But maintain is high. I washed the car for almost an hour today morning. (first day to my office ) I hate pigeons

Regards
Mahesh
Mahesh: Pigeons, did I hear you say? Dastardly things. Actually ANY bird poop is bad news for car paint as its acidic leanings will corrode the paint given sufficient time. The bad news is you've got to wash it off ASAP.

Would a car cover work for you?
Old 15th July 2008, 10:26   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Mahesh: Pigeons, did I hear you say? Dastardly things. Actually ANY bird poop is bad news for car paint as its acidic leanings will corrode the paint given sufficient time. The bad news is you've got to wash it off ASAP.

Would a car cover work for you?
Yes. Have to buy a car cover.

I live very much with in the city. But there is a reserved forest near by (with in the city limit.). A lot of animals like spotted deers, monkeys, fruit bats (large ones) ... visit our apartment complex occasionally. But pigeons are the permanent problem.

Regards
Mahesh
Old 15th July 2008, 10:39   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Yes. Have to buy a car cover.

I live very much with in the city. But there is a reserved forest near by (with in the city limit.). A lot of animals like spotted deers, monkeys, fruit bats (large ones) ... visit our apartment complex occasionally. But pigeons are the permanent problem.

Regards
Mahesh
Mahesh:
Boy, are you lucky to have so many animals and birds around. In Bangalore we get by with concrete and traffic lights and autos (if we want movement).
Old 15th July 2008, 10:46   #57
nbr
BHPian

Quote:
IMO, Black is the shade to go .This shade really stands out with resemblence to octy/laura.The other shades look very much similar to swift.
nbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2008, 16:40   #58
BHPian

Default Skoda Fabia: deals to buy

Just wanted to check if any of the Skoda Fabia dealers are offering any deals this time. In Hyd, last time I checked, the following were offered for Fabia 1.2MPI:

- tank full of petrol
- teflon coating

Some time back it was just free handling but they seem to have taken that back and are now charging some 3000-4000 for handling.
Old 31st July 2008, 15:03   #59
BHPian

Default Super Bummer From SKODA

I think Skoda is no longer keen on selling Fabia in India. Here are some latest offerings that would kill even a die hard Skoda fan:

1. At the time when auto loans are touching 14.5% Skoda wants to increase the Fabia models by 20,000!!

2. A popular choice Corrida Red is no longer available. So is the Satin Grey. Both these colors have been discontinued .

3. Insurance has to be brought only from the dealer.

4. Orders or invoice will be accepted only on full payment. I think this one is by the Hyderabad dealer: Mahavir who enjoys a monopoly as there is no other dealer for the entire state of A.P.
Old 1st August 2008, 11:05   #60
BHPian

Default Price Hike

Hope i'm not gatecrashing to the forum as i'm a new member who joined today and an eagerbeaver waiting for the delivery of my Tangerige Orange 1.2 Ambiente by 19th August. The price hike is effecttive from today and as per the instruction of the Skoda dealers in Trivandrum, i had paid up the enite amount by 30/07/2008. But soon after that, they informed me that only Candy White is available can be given at the old price.

But when i asked about the T. Orange, they've informed me that T.Orange is out of stock in India and can be provided at the hiked price only. This made me put a mail to Skoda directly and started off a fight with the dealers. Now, after Skoda intervened, the delaers have agreed to give me T.Orange by 19th Aug. But they're still talking about the price with Skoda. I hope something positive comes out. By the way, the price hike in Fabia would be around Rs. 12500 in total for the Ambiente Version.

I hope to make a detailed post of my experience from the begining and would like more reviews to be put up by the 1.2 HTP owners

Quote:
I think Skoda is no longer keen on selling Fabia in India. Here are some latest offerings that would kill even a die hard Skoda fan:

1. At the time when auto loans are touching 14.5% Skoda wants to increase the Fabia models by 20,000!!

2. A popular choice Corrida Red is no longer available. So is the Satin Grey. Both these colors have been discontinued .

3. Insurance has to be brought only from the dealer.

4. Orders or invoice will be accepted only on full payment. I think this one is by the Hyderabad dealer: Mahavir who enjoys a monopoly as there is no other dealer for the entire state of A.P.

Last edited by Mysticeyes : 1st August 2008 at 11:25.
Mysticeyes is offline   Reply With Quote