Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2008, 20:37   #151
BHPian
 
madhav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 246
Thanked: 15 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dud_Dodo View Post
Hi Guys,
I got a call from Prerana Motors today. They just called to inform me that 5 Palios have just been loaded for Transit. Not sure about the colors that are coming here, but more than one Black is in the dispatch for sure.
Dud, I also have booked a Palio with Prerana and have been waiting for over 2 months now. Have you managed to go to the yard and see the cars? Coz today I asked the dealer and he told me that the cars have not arrived and is expected only next week. It will help me to follow up with these guys if you have seen the car/s in their yard.

Thanks in advance!
madhav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2008, 14:57   #152
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Penang, Malaysia/Goa, India
Posts: 115
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Hi Madhav,
Yes, the cars haven't arrived yet. I was told they should be here by Wednesday. I've asked them to let me know as soon as the cars arrive since I too want to go to the yard & choose the one I want.

Which color have you booked by the way? How come you've been waiting for two months? They were ready to give me a White one till last week, I didn't want white of course.
Dud_Dodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2008, 17:07   #153
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 628
Thanked: 132 Times
Default

I was at my service station at Pune yesterday to get some issues sorted out on my 1.2 NV.

When I questioned the service manager (who is also a friend) about the delays in delivery, he mentioned that Tata's are not pushing the Palio MJD too much as they wan't to ensure that the to be launched Indica is not starved of the engines. He even hinted that Palio MJD would be stopped and replaced by Indica Xwhatever at 5.5 lacs or something.

This makes sense from Tata's point of view as Palio MJD wud be bang in the new Indica's territory and I am sure people would prefer to buy the Palio MJD to the Indica if they are offered at same price levels.

Grande Punto would be launched at a higher price level than that of Indica X....

So in all Tata's are the winners as they get the best of the technical inputs which they are incapable of on their own and Fiat is left sucking their thumb...
Palio_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2008, 14:54   #154
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Penang, Malaysia/Goa, India
Posts: 115
Thanked: 0 Times
Default The Cars have Arrived!

The cars have finally arrived, I went to their yard to do Pre Registration Inspection today. Everything looked good. They've also completed PDI & the Oil & Coolant levels looked good. The reading on the ODO is 51 Kms as of now.

Made a note of the Chassis # & came.

By the way, just the name of the Color has changed, visibly, there's absolutely no change.

Will be getting it tomorrow evening.
Dud_Dodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2008, 14:57   #155
BHPian
 
Autocop's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Thane/Nagpur
Posts: 322
Thanked: 89 Times
Default Life of Diesel Engine

Over the weekend I was watching an autoshow on CNBC-TV18. On the show one of the viewer said he wants to go for a hatch. He is looking to keep it for 8-10 years. He is considering Swift Diesel, Palio MJD, Hyundai I10, Wagon-R. The auto expert on the channel discouraged him from going for diesel saying the life of diesel engine is 4-5 years and after that it would start giving troubles. He encouraged him to go for Hyundai I10 or Maruti Wagon-R.

i am wondering,
Is diesel hatch not the right option for longterm ownership?
Is the troublefree life of diesel engine really so short?
Autocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2008, 18:03   #156
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: thane
Posts: 741
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

absolutely nothing happens to the diesel engines provided u maintain them well i.e timely oil and filter change and proper running in.the crdi's and the multijets are a technological marvel.
shantyrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2008, 21:47   #157
BHPian
 
TomRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Cochin-Bangalore
Posts: 332
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dud_Dodo View Post
The cars have finally arrived, I went to their yard to do Pre Registration Inspection today. Everything looked good. They've also completed PDI & the Oil & Coolant levels looked good. The reading on the ODO is 51 Kms as of now.

Made a note of the Chassis # & came.

By the way, just the name of the Color has changed, visibly, there's absolutely no change.

Will be getting it tomorrow evening.
Congrats DD. Come back here only with pics!
TomRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2008, 22:42   #158
Distinguished - BHPian
 
phamilyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 5,601
Thanked: 3,451 Times
Default

Autocop, OT:

but most of the so called experts can be called retards at best. if diesel engines were useless, you wouldnt use them in trucks and buses which literally do MILLIONS of kms

@Palio_2005: Tata is doing its level best to make things unbearably expensive. Here is a gurgaon comparison of some parts with Swift VDI:
Diesels ke some sample spare prices: PalioMJD Swift Diesel

Headlight - 8000 3000
Tailight cluster - 5000 1056
Bumper - 12000 3200
Rear view mirror - 1200 1500
Fuel Filter - 2500 800 (from members' bills seen here).

Or the spares guy at Dhingra motors needs to be fired Maruti rates are from AAA vehicleades.
phamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2008, 22:47   #159
BHPian
 
madhav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 246
Thanked: 15 Times
Default

Got my Palio SDX today (black). Car was registered yesterday and I could've taken it yesterday.. but for obvious reasons decided to get it today.
Spent almost 3 hours making sure everything is ok and all paper work intact. I even asked the guys to open the fuse box and explain the fuse layout. So overall very happy with the delivery process. Wanted to upgrade to alloys immediately, but all known good sources were out of 14" Aura alloys. So decided to shelve this for a while. The only damper was that it rained on my way back and all that squeaky clean looks are gone :(
Will post pics and review in a separate thread.

Dud, I saw one Black Palio waiting to be delivered tomorrow. I think it is yours... all the best and enjoy the car.
madhav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2008, 23:07   #160
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: HYD
Posts: 226
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocop View Post
Over the weekend I was watching an autoshow on CNBC-TV18. On the show one of the viewer said he wants to go for a hatch. He is looking to keep it for 8-10 years. He is considering Swift Diesel, Palio MJD, Hyundai I10, Wagon-R. The auto expert on the channel discouraged him from going for diesel saying the life of diesel engine is 4-5 years and after that it would start giving troubles. He encouraged him to go for Hyundai I10 or Maruti Wagon-R.

i am wondering,
Is diesel hatch not the right option for longterm ownership?
Is the troublefree life of diesel engine really so short?
We had a HMT ZETOR tractor brought brand new in 1975. It ran without much trouble till 2007 before we exchanged it for new Mahindra tractor. I don't know why we exchanged it. My father says he always followed the recommended schedule for servicing, never neglected any issues etc. and may be thats the reason for longlife. In his words "Any machinary with proper care will last a lifetime".
Comrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2008, 23:17   #161
Senior - BHPian
 
nitrous's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: UAE/Lon/Madras
Posts: 6,966
Thanked: 282 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocop View Post
Over the weekend I was watching an autoshow on CNBC-TV18. On the show one of the viewer said he wants to go for a hatch. He is looking to keep it for 8-10 years. He is considering Swift Diesel, Palio MJD, Hyundai I10, Wagon-R. The auto expert on the channel discouraged him from going for diesel saying the life of diesel engine is 4-5 years and after that it would start giving troubles. He encouraged him to go for Hyundai I10 or Maruti Wagon-R.

i am wondering,
Is diesel hatch not the right option for longterm ownership?
Is the troublefree life of diesel engine really so short?
These auto journalists who give advice know jack about what they're talking.
Especially the nonsense on OD. Hormazd is not bad ,though he is biased based on who's tipping him.
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2008, 12:47   #162
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Penang, Malaysia/Goa, India
Posts: 115
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhav View Post

Dud, I saw one Black Palio waiting to be delivered tomorrow. I think it is yours... all the best and enjoy the car.
Yes, the other one was mine. I visited Prerana yesterday noon, there was one Black car waiting to be delivered, I thought it would be yours but wasn't so sure because I didn't know that you were picking up a Black SDX as well. I think, in all this lot had Two Black SDX variants.


OT: Sorry TR, couldn't help but respond. Next post, wid Pics

Last edited by Dud_Dodo : 14th August 2008 at 12:53.
Dud_Dodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2008, 14:02   #163
tez
BHPian
 
tez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: pune
Posts: 381
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Autocop, OT:

but most of the so called experts can be called retards at best. if diesel engines were useless, you wouldnt use them in trucks and buses which literally do MILLIONS of kms

@Palio_2005: Tata is doing its level best to make things unbearably expensive. Here is a gurgaon comparison of some parts with Swift VDI:
Diesels ke some sample spare prices: PalioMJD Swift Diesel

Headlight - 8000 3000
Tailight cluster - 5000 1056
Bumper - 12000 3200
Rear view mirror - 1200 1500
Fuel Filter - 2500 800 (from members' bills seen here).

Or the spares guy at Dhingra motors needs to be fired Maruti rates are from AAA vehicleades.
phamilyman, are the first values for palio MJD. if yes, woah, they are very expensive other than rear view mirror.
tez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2008, 20:36   #164
BHPian
 
madhav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 246
Thanked: 15 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dud_Dodo View Post
Yes, the other one was mine. I visited Prerana yesterday noon, there was one Black car waiting to be delivered, I thought it would be yours but wasn't so sure because I didn't know that you were picking up a Black SDX as well. I think, in all this lot had Two Black SDX variants.
Dud did you get your car today?
Also are you getting alloys and stuff or gonna live with stock wheels? I've been looking for the Aura 14" alloys and the whole world seems to be outta stock just when I want them... sigh!
madhav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2008, 14:24   #165
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Penang, Malaysia/Goa, India
Posts: 115
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Here it is.

Ok guys. I finally got her.
Was delivered to me last evening when it was pouring here in Bangalore. Couldn't drive much yesterday, however took her out for a drive today, after a small puja that my fiance' insisted we do.

Here are the pics, not great ones, however the car is a mess right now, will get her all cleaned up tomorrow & take some better pics over the weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhav View Post
Also are you getting alloys and stuff or gonna live with stock wheels?
No plans for alloys as of now. Very low on Vitamin M, will get them changed later.

OT: Mods, could you add 'Now Arrived' to the subject please.
Attached Thumbnails
Finally Booked: Palio 1.3 SDX-palio_1.jpg  

Finally Booked: Palio 1.3 SDX-palio_2.jpg  

Finally Booked: Palio 1.3 SDX-palio_3.jpg  


Last edited by Dud_Dodo : 15th August 2008 at 14:39.
Dud_Dodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Finally finally finally finally... s4ch Introduce yourself 3 29th March 2012 19:44
Booked New Black Palio SDX butcherSS Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 16 19th September 2008 10:20
Booked and waiting for Mint White Palio MJD SDX fiat_fan Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 6 22nd August 2008 15:04
ICE for Palio MultiJet SDX prafulasher In-Car Entertainment 40 23rd July 2008 21:52
Buying Palio SDX from Prerana Motors nkrishnap Indian Car Dealerships 7 20th May 2008 14:02


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 14:16.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks