Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 25th July 2008, 15:12   #16
Senior - BHPian

Oh my. Really sad to hear that dude. Why dont you check the HMP ? they may have cars in stock.
Fiesta Diesel is also a good choice considering that it has gone for a slight makeover.

Last edited by undead : 25th July 2008 at 15:13.
undead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2008, 15:14   #17
BHPian

Strange. It should hardly take one or two hours for them to deliver from their factory to DSC and good that you didn't buy their story of accident as the possibility looks very minimal. Now that you have moved to Ford just send a note to Hyundai on this incident.
Mission_Safari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2008, 15:23   #18
BHPian

DSC crooks are much popular for such nuisance in chennai.Even, i had to change the colour of my i10 when they failed to deliver the Deep Ocean Blue colour.Instead, i had to go for the Alpine Blue colour,which was my next option.

Aks,

Do not worry.Put this at the back of your mind.Try with the HMP people since i guess MPL Ford,the only FORD dealer in chennai might be much worser than this.

I think another forum member called undead got the Getz CRDI from HMP and he had am amazing experience with HMP.
Raajiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2008, 15:31   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raajiv View Post
I think another forum member called undead got the Getz CRDI from HMP and he had am amazing experience with HMP.
That would be me. Not an amazing expeirence. But a quick one. Since the car was readily available , all i have to do is give the DD and take the car. Well atleast they were co-operative in doing that. May be they wanted to sell the car in stock as quickly as possible.
No freebies. Infact aks_karthik is the one who told me that HMP is having Getz CRDi in stock .
undead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2008, 16:04   #20
BHPian

This is pathetic on part of DSC Hyundai.

I STRONGLY suggest you report this to Hyundai by all possible means!! This should not go unreported.

Elito
Elito11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2008, 16:06   #21
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
I told ,i have a doubt that you could have sold it to some other customer how is willing to give some extra amount.That's why you are not even ready to give the Engine and Chassis no. and shouted.
That ridiculous GM simply said,if you are not trusting me, we can cancel the deal.i saw his real image.
I was very frustated and cancel the booking atonce and got the advance amount 15K back.
At the time of booking ,his behaviour was totally different.
People knows how to bussiness.Once it's done they showed their real face.
All my precious time spending for this purchase went vain.
I have a severe doubt on dealers.They would have given the car to some one ready to pay premium.

Finally the Dream comes to end.

Again from scratch,looking for Ford Fiesta Sxi Diesel.No Hyundai,No Maruti

I'll update once i confirm the car.
Hmmm...looks like they haven't changed at all. I had a bad experience with the same dealer (DSC Hyundai, Saidapet right??) when I bought my Accent last year. I wrote about the buying experience (DSC Hyundai in Chennai) in the Indian car dealerships section of this forum immediately after taking delivery of my car. Later, when I went there to collect my car's insurance papers (they also made a mistake here - they mentioned that my car has been hypothecated with HDFC whereas I got the loan from SBI)/RC I was asked by an assistant to meet the manager as he was eager to talk to me. I met him, and he asked me if I had written a review about the company to which I nodded. He mentioned that these kinda mistakes happen and 'bad-mouthing' about DSC is not good He tried justifying his stance by pointing to the discounts he has given me. What the heck, I pay 5.5 lacs and he's talking about the 10 grand discount that he gave me.

I never went to them again for services or insurance renewal...a road side mechanic might do a good job servicing the car!!
gigatech2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2008, 16:22   #22
Senior - BHPian

This is the support i need from you guys.
Thanx a lot.
Already i enquired HMP(i took 4 cars from HMP Chennai).But they refused to give a single freebies and then only i moved to DSC Hyundai.
But my luck,Here it gone seriously wrong.
I could go to KUN Hyundai.But i changed my mind to settle with FORD.
No ford car in my family.
Again Chennai Ford is very near to my House.Servicing and all we don't need to go very long distance to reach the service station.
I love ford Fiesta too though i earlier booked GetZ Crdi cos i thought of investing some 3+ lakhs more for Fiesta than GetZ Crdi.
Any how i'll update soon ...
aks_karthik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2008, 16:29   #23
Senior - BHPian

Dude i will not suggest you to change the car choice just because some useless manager at the dealer ..... i will say get it from HMP, i will not cancel the deal for few thousand rs freebies
Rahulkool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2008, 16:33   #24
Senior - BHPian

Karthik, Shocked to hear about the incident ! So mostly you inclining towards the Fiesta SXI TDCI?
karanraheja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2008, 16:44   #25
Senior - BHPian

yes almost i inclined towards Ford Fiesta TDci Sxi.
Already we have Verna Crdi SX ABS in my family.
So planned to go for some other model and booked GetZ Crdi.
But after this incident,I don't need hyundai products.
I am having WagonR already and so no no for Maruti products.
If every thing goes fine i book a car from Chennai Ford by tomorrow or Moday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
Dude i will not suggest you to change the car choice just because some useless manager at the dealer ..... i will say get it from HMP, i will not cancel the deal for few thousand rs freebies
HMP Manager also has the same attitude.
He not even have courtesy to people who bought four cars from his dealership.
So that we decided DSC Hyundai.
But DSC is very worst than HMP on handling customers.so many false promises but ended up with excuses. :(

ready to face Ford Dealer's Manager

Last edited by Technocrat : 25th July 2008 at 18:35.
aks_karthik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2008, 17:03   #26
BHPian

@aks_karthik

At least you should drop a mail to Hyundai.
Anyway man look on the bright side, could have been worse to end up with a banged car.

Do take it up with the company so no one else get cheated.
Cheer up and look forward for the Ford.

Or Logan kidding...

and as Rahulkool mentioned if you still want to go for the Getz CRDi, do go for it from another dealer.
I see you had a garage kept ready for the new ride.

Last edited by yzfrj : 25th July 2008 at 17:06.
yzfrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2008, 17:44   #27
Senior - BHPian

aks_kartick - sorry to know about the story - glad u did not get a lemon. And sorry to say this - please delete the getz from your garage - i pray you replace it with the fiesta soon...
svsantosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2008, 18:24   #28
Team-BHP Support

aks karthik,

Sorry to see your cancelled booking. More likely than not, they would have diverted your car to somebody else who would either have personal links or pressured the showroom more.

Another thing that strikes as odd is his explanation of "transit" and "accident". To my knowledge once a car leaves the factory, it is the responsibility of the dealer to ensure its integrity. Towards this, any transit-related damages are rectified by the dealer and not the company. Furthermore, with the Hyundai factory right in Chennai, the transit time will be much lesser than the standard 15-days across the country.

Last edited by theMAG : 25th July 2008 at 18:26.
theMAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2008, 20:58   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Yesterday i went there for giving papers for registration,he simply said,on the way to showroom,car was met with an accident and we gave it back to Hyundai for repair and you will get the car within a week.
I told why don't you inform me before? he didn't have answer :(
I just refused to get the accident car.
Do lose faith in a car because of a dealer's behaviour. Contact another dealer and get a good car.
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote