Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 14th July 2008, 21:56   #1
BHPian

Unhappy Ford Fiesta Sxi test drive below expectations

I did a TD of Ford Fiesta Sxi yesterday. Before getting into details, I must also say that I have been driving around an Ikon 1.6 Zxi Nxt for last 5 years the lease is expiring and I need to change for tax reasons.

Having enjoyed the Ikon, I had lot of refinements expectation in the Fiesta, but I must say that the ride was below expectations. I found the drive, the engine responsiveness etc. poorer than my 5 year old. There are added features, but instead of the chrome trims in my Ikon, they are now in relatively boring aluminum. Instead of the sporty steering on the Ikon, it was an uninspiring ordinary. The acceleration and the A/c effectiveness also seemed to be lower. The headrest has a painful inclination which I did not understand at all.
On the positives was the good leather upholstery. The shock absorbers were good too; but again this is in reference to the 5 year old.

Overall I was not satisfied, probably because I had more expectations. ; In fact I felt relieved at the end of TD and when I got back into the Ikon. This was in sharp contrast to earlier TD of SX4, after which the Ikon really felt like an old car.

Also test driven in last month are the Verna and Civic.
I hope to check out the Cedia/Corolla in the coming week! Again with lot of expectations!
Old 14th July 2008, 23:01   #2
Senior - BHPian

It is surely possible that if you went in to TD ( Test Drive ) to a ford dealer, then the car might not be good.

In some other thread, I saw some pillow/cushion jsut below the head rests and it was reported good in that thread.

The engine could be a new one so you felt it was not as good as your 1.6 Ikon.

EDIT:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...km-review.html (My First Car- Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXI P (Platinum) -1000 km Review) is the thread where in fourth image the thread starter has shown the cushion jsut below the head rests.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 14th July 2008 at 23:03.
Old 14th July 2008, 23:06   #3
Team-BHP Support

try test driving from another dealer. very often the td cars are not in good shape.
Old 14th July 2008, 23:53   #4
Team-BHP Support

As suggested, test drive from another dealer. TD vehicles are often badly maintained since its the dealership that has to eat the cost of their maintenance.
Old 16th July 2008, 22:12   #5
BHPian

yes - I also think that partly it was the specific car that was the issue. The one I drove was not their regular TD vehicle, but the one that take around for road show displays. Normally they would allow TD on those vehicles, but since I had visited the showroom previous day of road show near my home, they came with it.
Old 16th July 2008, 23:15   #6
BHPian

not many who had driven a fiesta found it bad like mentioned above it must have been the particular car that you drove. I believe you drove a 1.6
Closed Thread