Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 20th September 2008, 13:55   #16
BHPian

5.02 lac OTR is a great price. Do you have a breakdown if possible. How much discounts and freebies did you get with it?
BenjiRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2008, 22:22   #17
BHPian

Congratulations ,for The black beauti...........cheers:
jazzy_2cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2008, 22:39   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
5.02 lac OTR is a great price. Do you have a breakdown if possible. How much discounts and freebies did you get with it?

Discounts were 7K Dealer and 5K corporate.. not too many freebies though - just floor mats and an idol which i did not want .. complete 2K kms and got the first servicing done.. will post a detailed review soon
ZBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2008, 23:10   #19
BHPian

Default My Dark Knight - Logan 1.4 GLX - 2,500 KMs done

The Good -

1) The ride is as comfortable as it can get does pretty well on gurgaon's terribly potholed roads.. the car has been driven on awful roads right out of the showroom - through water , bottom-busting speedbreakers , cavernous ditches.. and it has held its own

2) Handling - I'm not complaining at all - case in point : driving at 70/80 in the right lane at night somewhere around Phase 5 , out of nowehere a tractor appears in front of me .. no backlights as usual.. invisibility aided by the lack of street lights.. i yank the steering to the left with all my might , yank it back right to avoid left lane traffic.. car handles like a dream.. i come home with trembling hands.. thankful

3) Low end torque - gentle release of the clutch without any throttle sets the car rolling.. (thats whats good low end torque right ? ) easy to manage in bumper-to-bumper traffic

4) Stable at high speeds - the max i've done till date is a careful 100kmph.. steering has adequate feedback at those speeds - car feels stable

5) space space space ! - i'm 6'5" and i sometimes manage to stretch my legs a little in the front passenger seat.. can't beat that ! rear seat seats 4 persons of average width comfortably

6) FE - rough estimates indicate something around 11 kmpl - 90% AC usage , 100% city driving

The Bad -

1) Wipers configured to LHD. They leave a wet patch on the top right hand corner..Given my height, my level of sight is just a few inches below the roof and so visibilty gets impaired (can't wait for winter)

2) The car feels a little stretched with 5 people on board and with the A/C on.. (Not a big problem though because i'm usually driving alone..sometimes with one passenger)

3) The stock headlights are not really adequate IMO. Planning to get them upgraded soon

The Ugly -

...............I Don't think so !

Added - Kenwood/JBL ICE , chrome on ORVMs and door handles , black seat covers , autocop gear lock , xenos remote locking , Llumar sunfilm

Planning to get - Alloys

Mods under the hood - Someday..

Last edited by ZBlue : 20th September 2008 at 23:26.
ZBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2008, 23:33   #20
Senior - BHPian

Nice beauty you got there.
Congratulations!!
Any plans of getting her new shoes(alloys)?? Definitely would improve the overall look.
Dry Ice is offline   Reply With Quote