Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 22nd August 2008, 16:32   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vchounal View Post
Congratulations. I am still waiting for my car. As per the dealer (Padam Motors, Ludhiana, Punjab)the car left Halol factory on Monday last (11 August). He said it will take about a week for car to reach him in Ludhiana due to heavy rains enroute. Then he told me that the trailer carrying the car had a brakedown at Jaipur on Monday and it will be loaded in another trailer. The second trailer (after loading the car) is on its way to Ludhiana but he doesn't know where it is right now and when he will be able to deliver the car. I think he is making a fool of me. I have approached GM's Helpline to let me know by today evening as to when the car had actually left Halol. I am so frustrated with the whole waiting. Worst part is that I have already sold my old car and I am without any vehicle for more than a week.
ohh that really bad yaar, being without a vehicle is sometimes ok you can manage that easility, but waiting for new vehicle is really a pain and that too for magnum
throttleking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2008, 17:13   #32

The pain is worth the wait. I can imagine what you are going through thinking about all the magnum owners blipping their throttles. Has anyone felt the exhaust note change to sporty or rorty after 3k rpm, it feels awesome.
Someone else asked whether the oil sump guard design has been changed, i am interested in knowing it.
Also any of the older magnum owners if GM is doing anything to we first timers(LT) in giving us the climate control.
andrewdsouza72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2008, 11:20   #33
BHPian

I have never driven a Magna but have been in one. When I test drove the UVA I got dropped back at home by the driver in a Magna (About 15 km stretch)! The best thing I noticed was on a very rough stretch of 100 meters. Even on the UVA I had to slow down considerably. I noticed that all the cars and lrries slowed down to a crawl in this stretch. On the Magna the driver just kept going almost at the same speed and I hardly felt a thing. An Indica driver gave us a wicked look when we sped past!
BenjiRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2008, 23:02   #34
BHPian

Default Photos added

Hi I am adding my photos atlast. Sorry for the delay.

Chevy Optra Magnum LS TDCi Cashmere EDIT: Got Delivery-my-chevy-001.jpg

Chevy Optra Magnum LS TDCi Cashmere EDIT: Got Delivery-my-chevy-002.jpg

Chevy Optra Magnum LS TDCi Cashmere EDIT: Got Delivery-my-chevy-003.jpg

Chevy Optra Magnum LS TDCi Cashmere EDIT: Got Delivery-my-chevy-004.jpg

Chevy Optra Magnum LS TDCi Cashmere EDIT: Got Delivery-my-chevy-005.jpg

Chevy Optra Magnum LS TDCi Cashmere EDIT: Got Delivery-my-chevy-006.jpg

Chevy Optra Magnum LS TDCi Cashmere EDIT: Got Delivery-my-chevy-007.jpg

Chevy Optra Magnum LS TDCi Cashmere EDIT: Got Delivery-my-chevy-009.jpg

Chevy Optra Magnum LS TDCi Cashmere EDIT: Got Delivery-my-chevy-010.jpg

Chevy Optra Magnum LS TDCi Cashmere EDIT: Got Delivery-my-chevy-011.jpg
obed5579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2008, 07:04   #35
BHPian

Great Obed! I can see the parking sensors. What other accessories did you go for?
Path_Finder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2008, 07:44   #36
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Default sump/sumpguard design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by obed5579 View Post
Hi I am adding my photos atlast. Sorry for the delay.
Obed please let me know whether they changed the sump/sump guard design of the new magnums. I intend buying it after change of this crucial part.
drpullockaran is offline   Reply With Quote