| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|16th March 2009, 17:26||#61|
An update at 14000 Kms
Have been trying to write this out for quite some time now. Concorde motors changed a few clutch components in Dec 08 and the problem was resolved only to surface again at 12000 kms. Along with the second service, I had complained of excessive rattling of the gear stick. Concorde informed me that it was due to a worn out bush in the Gear shift linkage and changed the same. Now after 2000 kms more the same problem has reappeared accompanied by an audible noise when the clutch is engaged and disengaged. The vehicle also started shuddering when moving from standstill. Also everytime that the gear was shifted, there would be a noticeable jerk in the vehicle's movement.
Left her with Concorde on 9 Mar for the problem to be resolved. Got her back next day with the comment that the problem only needed adjustment of the clutch play. While it initially appeared ok, within the first 50 kms, the problem came back. Now I was annoyed and gave them a peice of my mind. CRO of Concorde requested me to bring the vehicle for a check on 14 Mar which I did. During the road test, I was informed that there appeared to be a problem with alignment of the gearbox and it should be easily fixed. Came back and waited for almost an hour only to be told that they would require another 4-5 hrs to fix it. Since I had an appointment to keep, I agreed to send her in on Monday.
However when I started the vehicle I felt something was different. Later that evening when I took her out again I realized that the difference was that at idle rpm she was vibrating all over as though she had a vibra-compactor in the place of her engine. She is back at Concorde motors again today (after a big mess up at their end and a lot of cussing from me).
I suspect that she has some issue with her transmission assembly. Can someone tell me if they have any clue?
P.S: there is no issue with her FE - she still returns around 13 with 100% AC in city.
@Mods can you update her title and include "An update at 14000 Kms" please?
|16th March 2009, 18:46||#62|
Join Date: Apr 2005
Thanked: 78 Times
I am also having a similar issue with my Indica Lsi (Petrol).
And the response from the AS* of Tata is the same regardless of Concorde, Manipal or whoever. They simply do some clutch adjustment & the problem resurfaces in a few days -> I am pretty sure they are not able to diagnose this problem correctly...do you also face this typically when on an uphill gradient & you try to release the clutch slowly & you get substantial shudder?
|17th March 2009, 13:56||#63|
@kdadi, I never had the shuddering problem. Mine was to do with the gear stick's play as well as the noise and jerk while shifting gears.
Got my car back - took off from office for the morning and went to Concorde. Was taken to the repair bay and I showed the mechanic what the actual problem was. This is what they did
1. Bolts of all engine and gear box mounts were removed one by one and metal bushes if any were cleaned and lubricated. All rubber mounts were inspected for hardening / distortion. Mounts were then tightened one by one. Result: Excessive vibration eliminated. Time taken 2 hrs.
2. Took her out for a road test but was still not happy with the gear stick play. Concorde offered to replace the entire gear shifter (stick + linkages right up to the gear box) FOC.
3. Waited another hour before I was taken to the work bay and shown the new assembly in place. Drove her out for one more trial and it was back to normal - no vibrations, Gear Stick play also gone.
Waited another 30 minutes during which they washed the car and gave her a polish (FOC)
CRO and the Service advisor were very apolegetic right from the morning and very pleasant to deal with. There was at least one other Customer in the lounge with me who was also waiting for some similar reason. They did ensure that both of us were looked after well with offer of Coffee and Tea every hour and the water glasses getting replaced when they became empty. Overall it was a peaceful experience and now I have my queen back on the road in full flow.
|17th March 2009, 14:40||#64|
Join Date: Feb 2009
Thanked: 10 Times
good to see your car back with you, but what was the actual problem in your rattles, was it from nuts or rubber parts not bolted properly, else also good to see your gear sheafter replaced by them,keep updating.
|17th March 2009, 15:03||#65|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Dec 2007
Thanked: 128 Times
Glad to see that the car is back in shape and that the experience at the service center was also in similar lines.
Hope they have given a permanent fix.
But as Vijay asked, what was the issue?
|17th March 2009, 18:40||#66|
This is what appears to be the problem
1. One or more bushes in the gear shifter assembly was defective and has excessive wear. This led to the Gear stick rattle as well as the jerky clutch release.
2. On Saturday, they tried to correct this by tightening some alignment screws in the assembly. This somehow upset the Gearbox mounts leading to the body picking up all vibrations from it.
As I wrote earlier, the vibrations vanished after they slackened all the mounting bolts and then tightened them again. Probably something that they should have done on Saturday itself.
|14th July 2009, 12:46||#67|
My Queen - Indigo XL - Dicor - 11.5 months and 18750 kms
My queen has gone in for her 3rd free check today - 11.5 months after she came into our lives having done 18750kms. Here is an update on the experience so far.
Total Fuel Consumed - 1625 Lits
Total Fuel Cost - Rs.58811.00
Highway usage - 11% (one trip - Chennai-Bangy-Wayanad-Bangy-Chennai; one trip - Chennai-thennangur-Chennai)
Air Con - Always on
Top Speed attempted - 125 kmph
Overall Average - 11.54kmpl
Best Average Highway - 21.25 kmpl (Chennai-Bangy)
Worst Average - 9.85 kmpl (sometime after first service)
Current average - 12.25 kmpl
First service - 5 weeks after delivery @1200kms
Second Service - 6 months after delivery @12240kms
- ICE, Sun Film, Seat covers and permanent PVC flooring done at a cost of 23k
- Wurth under body painting done.
- Vehicle was mostly driven by driver during the first 10k Kms and average during this period was hovering around 10.5 kmpl in city.
- Clutch components replaced at around 8800kms (FOC)
- Rear quarter panels and bumper repainted due to minor mishaps
- Rear left tail lamp assembly replaced after vandals broke it.
- Central locking malfunctioned and switches replaced during first service (FOC)
- Rear right door rubber beading replaced as door became hard to close after 14k kms (FOC)
- Front right fog lamp bulb changed once
- Rear AC vent louvres changed (FOC)
- Switching over to Mobil1 Synthetic Oil.
- Gear Stick rattle
- Hard Clutch
Could have had:
- Climate Control
- Door Ajar indication
- Power window controls on Arm rest instead of center console.
- Cup holders for driver and front passenger
- Air Bags
- A very Roomy and spacious car - wife and kids love riding the rear seat
- Very comfortable for long rides especially if you are cruising at speeds of 90-105 kmps
- Feels truck like at U turns due to its larger turning radius.
- Good Customer Service from Concorde Motors
- A VFM car that has kept me happy so far.
- Add a Bluetooth adapter - Kenwood HU is BT ready
- Alloy Wheels
|15th July 2009, 14:18||#70|
Join Date: Nov 2007
Thanked: 5 Times
an up to the mark review cnaganathan...!
but i feel the fuel economy should be better than what you get considering that its a dicor.
howz the driveability of the dicor?
|16th July 2009, 10:53||#71|
Driveability - no issues, but am not able to compare as I have not driven any other Diesels.
|21st July 2009, 12:43||#72|
|21st July 2009, 13:08||#73|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Jul 2007
Thanked: 785 Times
Thanks mate. Was it a custom made job or its readily available off the shelf at accessory shops?
My DICOR is now around 22K old and returns about 14.5 to 15.5 with aircon in city and about 17-18 on the highway. It can give more if I dont floor it every so often.
|21st July 2009, 13:44||#74|
On the FE, I am sure she can run more but for
1. My drive is mostly city, peak hour. The 16 km run in the morning takes close to 1 hr and most of it is done in 2nd and 3rd gears at a max of 1800 rpm with a lot of gear shift.
2. I am not always a sedate driver, though I try to become one.
3. I got a better mileage on the highway because I love the way she purrs and handles at 90-100kmph on the 5th.
Let me see if the change over to Synthetic oil helps in improving her in city performance.
Last edited by cnaganathan : 21st July 2009 at 13:45.
|8th June 2011, 14:29||#75|
Re: New Indigo XL Classic DICOR delivered. EDIT : 35 months 50k kms and sold now!
A pay hike in April this year got me thinking about giving away my Queen and going for a new car. The thought became a strong intent after she developed more issues
1. The engine would die in 3rd, 4th and 5th gears when I take my leg off the accelerator and depress the clutch pedal. And in the city traffic you had to do this quite often.
2. The overheating problem kept coming back.
3. The front Power windows started rattling. (eventually I replaced them before selling her off).
4. Rear AC was not consistent in performance.
5. The rhythemic clicking noise from the engine had gone up to a higher decibel level.
On a visit to Ignite to get the Power window drives replaced, Raghav suggested that it would be a better sense to sell the car. Wifey was not in favor of selling the car but yielded in when she heard the estimate from some of the dealers for rectifying the issues - especially #5.
After a lot of deliberations, I made the call finally last week and sold her this monday (6th June) after owning herfor 34 months and 6 days
In these 34 months she has been on the following long drives
1. Three trips to Thennangur (near Vandavasi) - 240 kms round trip
2. one trip to Wayanad - 1700 kms - 5 days
3. One trip to Chikmagalur and Sringeri - 1800 kms - 5 days
4. One trip to Coimbatore - 1100 kms - 3 days
5. One trip to Trichy / Thanjavur - 980 kms - 3 days
Here is a summary of her life as a member of my family
Total Kms done - 49957 kms
Best fuel efficiency - 26.5 kmpl (no a/c on the cbe trip)
Long drive average FE - 21.5 kmpl
city average FE - 12.5 - 13 kmpl
1. Spacious interiors
2. large boot (stuffed 3 strolleys and two whole bunches of bananas with space for more during my return from Chikmagalur)
3. Effective AC
4. FE on the highway
5. Ease of ingress and egress
6. Rear AC
7. Electric ORVM
1. Stiff suspension
2. Bad clutch (at least mine had a bad one - I got it replaced twice FOC)
3. lack of experienced mechanics even at the dealerships - they seemed to be ok till my 3rd service.
4. Bad fit and finish
5. Squeaky belts
6. Ever rattling Gear Stick
7. Lack of cubby holes and bottle holders
8. Absence of tilt steering
9. positioning of Power Window switches.
Major Problems faced:
1. Clutch slippage - as early as 8k kms and then again at 20k needing a major clutch over haul
2. Front suspension overhaul at 40k
3. Overheating issue after 39k kms - this never got completely fixed till date
4. Rhythemic clicking noise from engine after 4th service (30k kms) - suspected to be a Fuel injector noise.
5. Engine dies when the 3rd / 4th gear is engaged and you press the clutch.
6. AC failed in Dec 2010 during the Thanjavur trip.
Maintenance Expenses till date - INR 1.06 Lakhs. This includes:
1. Headlamp upgrade
2. Changed 4 tyres from OEM to Yoko A-Drive
3. Clutch overhaul
4. Radiator overhaul
5. replacing power window drives on the front windows
6. replacing right side tail lamp assembly
7. repainting panel over rear right wheel after it was damaged by a moronic driver.
8. AC cleanup and valve change.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Figo TDCi EXi vs Indigo CS LX TDi. Update: Its the Indigo.||vivekgk||What Car?||32||22nd November 2010 21:59|
|Tata Indigo XL Classic Dicor - 20,000 KMs & 3rd Service Update||Bouncer||Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports||91||30th May 2010 22:00|
|TD of Indigo Dicor XL Classic||rkbharat||Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports||24||2nd August 2009 00:24|
|Swift Dzire Vdi v/s Indigo XL Classic DICOR||superbhikari||Sedans||18||29th May 2009 23:23|