Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 26th November 2008, 03:08   #136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomRider View Post
Jazz or zaks (assuming u both are donw with the 2nd service) can give a better pic abt the rattling part. Coz, as per Jazz, you wil feel like driving a rattle free brand new car after the second service.
Tom come back from your 2nd service,go for a drive and then we can talk,you ll feel the changes in your car yourself ,rattling happens in most of the cars because of Bad Roads,potholes ,plastic side panels , door nuts x y z but the thing is MJD wins here with its good built quality as it makes you feel that you are flying a carpet in the air it is so smooth for bad roads,till my 2nd service I had NO Rattling Issue until a Biker with his pulsar 200 cc Handle came and hit the left hand side body near the tail lamp but later it all got fixed at Green Tracks.Not only my car was rattle free it also had a smoth engine Noise after its 2nd service......

Waiting for your post tom
jazzy_2cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2008, 10:56   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by star_aditya View Post
Thanx for the response Tom, "As per Jazz-rattle free"?? Seems the rattle is a issue in ur car at the service.. Pls do update after the second service . Has the alloys affected the mileage a lot? Hows the ground clearance on road humps while 4-5 are seated? Braking without ABS , is it an issue? why TDI?
Sorry to ask you so many questions , cant help but ask
A drunk driver banged on the rear end of my car, when it was stopped at a RED signal, 1 month back. From that day, I was facing some rattling issues here n there. It all got fixed and got the car back from prerana body shop yesterday. Today I gave it for 2nd service. You can have an update soon.

I dont know if the mileage 's affected by the tyre/wheel upgrade. Coz I changed them on the day 1 itself.

Palio's ground clearance is always good with 1-2 people. But AFAIK, it has the lowest when 4-5 are on board.

Breaking is anyday better than Swift VDi ABS/Indica/Getz.

Why Ikon TDi? Come on... It is a sedan with the tested/trusted TDi engine from Fiesta! And if you go for it, u can save a few good grands, compared to the on-road price of Swift VDi ABS.

@Jazz bro...
Sure. I am going for a drive to Velankanni this weekend. Will surely update my feel abt the 'new' car.

Last edited by TomRider : 26th November 2008 at 10:58. Reason: Did not see Jazz's post which was on the new page! ;-)
TomRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2008, 12:42   #138
BHPian

pls give a FE update once you get back your car.
Im planning to buy one of palio or swift in one weeks time! Cheers ;-)
My right half of the brain is pushing for Swift DDis while the left one's for Palio mjd. mileage is very critical for me to decide as i need to make a lot of business trips.
kunal2202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2008, 12:45   #139

Thumbs up Great Inputs

Hi Tom, thanx for all the replies. Sorry to hear about the 'drunk driver' episode but good to know that u are safe & unhurt. Do Post Your After service experience. There is a thread running on what according to you is good build quality , I read a post there saying the swift was rattle free post service for a few days and then the problem re-occurs.
I agreee with The TDI Opinion but not sure about their A.S.S costs.
star_aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2008, 18:59   #140
BHPian

Ah.. just received the car back from Prerana Motors. Took a quick spin around the office, and found that it is impressive. There a lot difference in the smoothness of both engine and gear box. I just loved it.

Cheers,
Tom
Old 28th November 2008, 15:03   #141
BHPian

Default Free Check up

Yesterday Corncorde Motors, Hyderabad called me and informed me that they are going to conduct a Free Check Up for Palio cars in their Sanat Nagar Workshop on 29 and 30 November. Apart from the usual check up, a free water service is thrown in. The caller said one can simply drive in between 9 to 5.
It's a welcome change for Fiat to do that. Becoming more customer-centric?
lejhoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2008, 12:53   #142
BHPian

Default A small travelogue

I went to Velankanni last weekend.
Route while going: Bangalore -> Krishnagiri -> Pondicherry -> Nagapattinam -> Velankanni.
Total distance: 494 km.
Best stretch: Bangalore -> Krishnagiri
Note: Roads are bad/narrow from Pondy. No fun at all!

Return: Velankanni -> Nagapattinam -> Thanjavur -> Tiruchirappalli -> Namakkal -> Salem -> Krishnagiri -> Bangalore
Total distance: 507 km.
Best stretch: Salem -> Bangalore
Note: Enjoyed the turbo to the max!

Total fuel consumed: 62.05
Average fuel consumption: 16.13kmpl.
Old 16th December 2008, 15:05   #143
BHPian

Average fuel consumption: 16.13kmpl only ,how come so Low...
It was a Highway drive na ...
jazzy_2cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2008, 15:21   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy_2cool View Post
Average fuel consumption: 16.13kmpl only ,how come so Low...
It was a Highway drive na ...
You again!

Yes it was a highway drive. But the roads were too bad/narrow and i was on 3rd and 4th gear in many parts of the ride. And one more thing i realized from this drive is, my driving style is not going to improve anymore. I was shifting gears in between 3-4k rpm always!
Old 17th December 2008, 12:19   #145
BHPian

sweeeeettttt ride my friend...

love the white. it's stuff like this that just makes my heart melt!!!

we're at the cusp of upgrading our 6 year old palio to another car - shortlists so far are the new city and the "to be" launched linea... till when i see pics like yours and just want to go out and put down money on a multijet palio and chill. (the wife loves the palio but wants a 'change' since we've owned one for 6 years and some)

i bat for the underdogs - can't beat fiat on that count! also have a safari (aka TATA - can't beat them either )
bIte tHe bulLet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2009, 17:33   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bIte tHe bulLet View Post
sweeeeettttt ride my friend...
Thank you.

After 11,000 Kms, I think I have learned how to drive a diesel. Mileage is 16.xx kmpl consistently in Bangalore City.
Old 13th January 2009, 10:59   #147
BHPian

Default Need info about similar plates

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudrah View Post
Hi Tom,

Just would like to update on the License plate...

The Central government had in 2001 proposed introduction of high-security plates in order to curb car thefts and prevent terrorists from using stolen cars with fake number plates. The Supreme Court ordered that such plates should be introduced in all states by 2006......

Cheers~
Hi tom congrats on a nice ride and gr8 number plate can you help me get these plates made or point me in the direction to get these as i my search for these have been futile in punjab/chd. area... thanks
vancity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2009, 16:43   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancity View Post
Hi tom congrats on a nice ride and gr8 number plate can you help me get these plates made or point me in the direction to get these as i my search for these have been futile in punjab/chd. area... thanks
Thanks friend! These license plates are easily available in Bangalore and Cochin. Dont know much about the availability in North.

Went to GreenTracks to fix some rattling issues yesterday, as I was not happy with the work of the other service center. Babu and team took one full day to fix all issues. I liked the way they listened to my complaints and I am happy with the work. I agree that they are one of the best FIAT service centers in Bangalore.