Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 30th October 2008, 23:24   #136
BHPian

Hi all,

The Beast is finally home!!!

Will post the full story tomorrow.

Went to the showroom and the car was made ready in 2hours time. Did a pooja and then the
car was taken out of the dealership by me. It was really easy to drive and I never expected
it after driving the Maruti 800 in driving school. The clutch release was perfect. Since
the car moves forward without accelerator, it was really easy for a beginner like me.But
the car was driven by another person till home

Overall what a fantastic feeling. Cant explain the happiness and joy.
Went to the petrol station and filled 5 litre diesel with the coupon provided by the
dealer. Then went straight to change the tyres.

Now the beast runs on four Michelin XM1+. The cost was very high (3850 each) even though I
argued a lot to reduce the rate.The shop is New Bharat Tyres. Even told them that another
person(TOR) had purchased the same tyres for Rs 3300 each, but they denied and asked me if
I could provide them the bill number of TOR so that they can check the computer for the
details.Unfortunately did not have the same.

As TOR had mentioned, New Bharat Tyres is definitely "Lion in Wolf's clothing". They
provided me only 900 each for the JK tryes, saying that the tyres had bulges. I argued
almost 15 minutes but in vain. It was a lady.Also they did not give me a bill saying that
tyres purchase under exchange scheme will not be provided with a bill. Argued for that also
but in vain.

An Advice to anyone who wants to buy tyres. Dont buy from New Bharat Tyres.They charge
never heard of rates. But I paid 100 Rupees to the guy who changed the tyres as I felt he
deserved that. He was very hard working and he was sweating a lot. He was very fast too.

Also got caught by the traffic police and got fined for not wearing seat belts

Purchased a car cover and came back home.

Someting about XM1+

The person who drove the car till home was my driving school sir. He was insisting not to
change the original tyres.He said there is no need for that. I somehow made him come to the
Tyre shop and got the tyres changed. This is what he said after driving with the new set of
wheels

" Yes. There is a huge difference in driving now. Fantastic"

My efforts to tame the beast

After reaching home, dropped the driving scholl sir at his office in my bike. Then came
home, started the Beast and took reverse and parked the car in the opposite direction to
which it was lying. Rareley had to press the accelerator. The car was moving on its own, by
slightly releasing the clutch. The noise was not there, the engine was super silent.

More story tomorrow as I am dead tired. Some snaps for all of you. Sorry could not take the
snaps after reachinbg home since it was dark. I will take it and post it tomorrow

Mods, kindly change the thread name to include "Now Arrived"

Picture 1: The Beast waiting for me in the dealership
Picture 2: The Beast waiting for me in the dealership
Picture 3: The Beast waiting for me in the dealership
Picture 4: The Beast waiting for me in the dealership
Picture 5: The Beast waiting for me in the dealership
Picture 6: Beast in the Lion's den(New Bharat Tyres)
Picture 7: Beast without her shoes
Picture 8: JK Tyre Tornado vs Michelin XM1+
Picture 9: Beast being hosted and without her shoes
Picture 10: Beast finally at home(sorry for the dark picture)
Attached Thumbnails
Booked my Bright Red Beast- Swift VDI with ABS-dsc00588.jpg  

Booked my Bright Red Beast- Swift VDI with ABS-dsc00589.jpg  

Booked my Bright Red Beast- Swift VDI with ABS-dsc00590.jpg  

Booked my Bright Red Beast- Swift VDI with ABS-dsc00591.jpg  

Booked my Bright Red Beast- Swift VDI with ABS-dsc00592.jpg  

Booked my Bright Red Beast- Swift VDI with ABS-dsc00593.jpg  

Booked my Bright Red Beast- Swift VDI with ABS-dsc00595.jpg  

Booked my Bright Red Beast- Swift VDI with ABS-dsc00596.jpg  

Booked my Bright Red Beast- Swift VDI with ABS-dsc00597.jpg  

Booked my Bright Red Beast- Swift VDI with ABS-dsc00602.jpg  

Last edited by raj84 : 30th October 2008 at 23:29. Reason: XM1+ details added
raj84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2008, 23:31   #137
Team-BHP Support

Congratz on the new purchase, take it slow and steady and you will be just fine. Unlike 800 where you learned driving, beast has a woosh that comes in at 2000 rpm so careful while you press the accelerator while parking and in traffic.

Enjoy the drive
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2008, 23:32   #138
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Hey Raj,
You must be a very happy person now. Anyways take good care of her and she will also take good care of you. Drive safely. cheers.
1001bhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2008, 23:33   #139
BHPian

congrats dude,must be feeling on top of world right now.enjoy your ride and make sure that you follow run in instructions.

best of luck
ankit.jhamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2008, 01:33   #140
BHPian

@raj,darn i forgot to tell you that my cousin is a dealer for all the tyres.I didnt know you were changing your tyres.I bought 205/60 R 14 G3 potenza for 4000 each. Anyway congrats. and by the way i think im getting my car within 5 days.
philippose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2008, 04:07   #141
BHPian

Raj,
Believe me your story seems straight out of some movie! Hope you have fun with the car and please remember to wear the seat belt at all times.
ilovefls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2008, 07:37   #142
TOR
BHPian

Congrats Raj on the new car-can make out from the writing that you are a relived, happy man! Drive carefully, watch out for the turbo boost.
Regarding New Bharath -well, they are really cut throat-i too dont have a bill as the explanation they gave was that the 165s that are exchanged will be sent back to the manufacturer and so they cannot give a bill for the 185's! Hope you got the warranty card anyways.Regarding prices guess the price of tyres have gone up in the past few months if i am not wrong-so dont worry-still what you paid for seems a bit high.What about wheel balancing and alignment? did you get it free in the deal?-i got balancing free-also was there any offers from Michelin?
The car looks fab-remove the dealer sticker on the right lower part of your rear windshield-looks odd-what about the accessories?
TOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2008, 14:05   #143
BHPian

Hey raj, congrats for the beast at home. . i can understand how you are feeling now as i too went around the same phase and please post pics of the michelin on the car. Meanwhile can i ask you what difference you felt after changing the tyres? i am still running on the stock JK tyres.
srikant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2008, 14:39   #144
Senior - BHPian

Dude am i happy for you. FINALLY after so many months waiting you got the dream you wished for. CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!
The tyres choice is spot on. Jk are rubbish and Michelin XM1+ are really good.
Njoy the experience!
harry10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2008, 14:44   #145
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Why do you refer it as a beast? @ at 75bhp!
SLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2008, 15:21   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
Why do you refer it as a beast? @ at 75bhp!
Ya its 75 bhp but drive it and the power it generates is awesome!
And i dont own a swift vdi but i love its drive!
harry10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2008, 18:03   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj84 View Post
As TOR had mentioned, New Bharat Tyres is definitely "Lion in Wolf's clothing". They
provided me only 900 each for the JK tryes, saying that the tyres had bulges. I argued
almost 15 minutes but in vain. It was a lady.Also they did not give me a bill saying that
tyres purchase under exchange scheme will not be provided with a bill. Argued for that also
but in vain.
This tyrewalla is giving you a load of crap.
When I bought the same Michelin 185/70/R15 tyres (5 nos) Sai Iyengar Tyres, Bangalore gave me a warranty card and a sale receipt bill which clearly says sale of 5 Michelin tyres costing Rs.3400.00 each minus buy back of 5 JK Tyres at the cost of Rs.1000/- each.
Total bill Rs.3400 - 1000= 2400 X 5Nos = Rs.12000/-
Plus free Wheel alignment in the latest imported Infrared Alinging machine(worth Rs.250/-).
Did you know:
If you buy any 4 Michelin car tyres/SUV tyres you also get a free Reebok T-shirt & track pants.
Offer valid from 1st OCT 2008 to 30th NOV 2008.
Did yo get this free Reebok stuff

Last edited by aah78 : 31st October 2008 at 21:05. Reason: Quote fixed.
GSMINC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2008, 18:45   #148

Smile Congratualtions

Congratulations dude,

your happiness is infectious! I read your entire post on getting the beast home. Its a great story surely will inspire some more to do so. Hope you will give all the details to keep the chain going. cheerscheers:
star_aditya is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2008, 19:15   #149
BHPian

raj thats the way!!! cheers:
pursuance pays and this proved it. take care of her and drive safe.
white_vdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2008, 20:57   #150
BHPian

Congrats @raj84 your beast added great excitment for your diwali and also for us bhpians

Wish you safe driving.
tush is online now   Reply With Quote