Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 5th November 2008, 22:25   #181
Senior - BHPian

60-70 ! You are doing an injustice to the car
I understand you are new to the driving such a powerful one so you are maintaining a safe speed so keep it up.
I guess you have fitted the alloys by now. any pics?
harry10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2008, 22:41   #182
BHPian

Hi frnds have one question for all.

The day the car reached to the stockyard from Maruti Factory i had got a call from the sales exec. He said the car has reached and i requested him for an inspection of the car. He said the car has reached the stock yard outside octrio limits. And at a given time there are about 200-250 cars and it would be difficult to find my car and inspect it. He said the car will be shifted in the PDI building of their dealership where a PDI will be done and then the car will be brought to the stock yard which is in city inside octroi limites and here is where i can inspect the car.

I shared this information because i have seen many in the forum who have got to do an inspection as soon as the car was unloaded from the truck.

Why is my dealer saying this to me.

I told the sales exec that i wanted to check if there are no scratches or damage and stuff while it had been unloaded from the truck. He said not to worry as they do no unload such cars and send it back.

Is there anything to worry for me guys. As this conversation is from Tuesday and since then i havent heard from the sales exec.
tush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2008, 20:30   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tush View Post

I told the sales exec that i wanted to check if there are no scratches or damage and stuff while it had been unloaded from the truck. He said not to worry as they do no unload such cars and send it back.
Tush, this is exactly what I was also told, when I asked what if the car came with damages. I was told that the car would be sent back to Maruti if there are damages and the dealer would not accept the car.

200-250 cars is indeed a big number, but it does not prevent us from having a look at the car. The dealer can very well take you in a test drive car and show you your car.Some dealers even give a test drive of your own car once they are in the stock yard.One of my friends got such a test drive.
raj84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2008, 21:12   #184
BHPian

Hi raj, the lights which the company gives you will not be very powerful so you may feel it weak,i suggest you change the lights and go for philipsH4 or someother good one but make sure the dealer does it for you as your car is still new.Foglights will not be powerful as you expect it to be,avoid using foglights always specially in city driving.I guess your car is still new so continue driving below 70 or 80 kmph till it becomes a bit old.cheerscheers:

Last edited by team suzuki : 6th November 2008 at 21:16.
team suzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2008, 23:11   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj84 View Post
Tush, this is exactly what I was also told, when I asked what if the car came with damages. I was told that the car would be sent back to Maruti if there are damages and the dealer would not accept the car.

200-250 cars is indeed a big number, but it does not prevent us from having a look at the car. The dealer can very well take you in a test drive car and show you your car.Some dealers even give a test drive of your own car once they are in the stock yard.One of my friends got such a test drive.
Raj but he says that he will not show the car in the main stock yard which is outside octroi limits. He will show me the car in the city stockyard after a PDI is done by them. I just dont understand why he does not want to show me the car at the main stock yard where it was unloaded from the truck.

Does this mean any suspicious thing going on in between. What harm will he have showing the car to me at the main stock yard before PDI is done.

Sorry did not mean to hijack your thread but the car in question is another beast
Old 7th November 2008, 23:13   #186
BHPian

@harry10: I am tempted to go beoyond 70kmph but I am avoding it since I am new to driving and secondly i felt driving in this speed is better initially.But unfortunately i am not getting an opportunity to drive in 5th gear.Rarely use the fifth gear

Wanted to upgrade to Alloys, but somehow the budget was exceeded that I have to wait few months before I can buy Alloys. But the Wheel Caps that come with the 2008 Swift looks very good. The old one was miserable but the new one looks very good

@team suzuki: Yes, you are correct. I have read in the forum before that the lights are very poor. Now I experience it myself.With rain it is even more difficult to drive. Need to upgrade the lights. Which bulb is better in the 1000Rs range. Phillips or Osram?

@tush: Maybe they have some limitations.I was told that only certain customers are allowed to see the cars in the stock yard. It depends on the dealer.

By the way, you already have a Beast. Which Beast are you going to buy now?

Complaints Complaints

The car has had the first set of issues.

1. Cental Locking button on the right had side door is not working. Cannot unlock or lock with the help of the button

2. Harzard Light is now not working with the Hazard Light Switch pressed.

Driving Errors

I always tend to forget to release the hand brake. I start driving with the hand brake on. Only after realizing that the car has lost power, do I realize that the hand brake is on.

ICE?

The GTO 947 is excellent and so is the Pioneer set.But presence of the the front door speakers GT5 562 is not even felt. The GTO947 produces that much sound and power that the GT5 feels as if it is silent

Mileage?

Started calculating by filling in 5 litres of diesel. The car has travelled 70KM so far without reaching the desired limit in the Fuel Gauge. Hence it may still go a little bit more. So atleast a minimum of 15kmpl is for sure(95% AC)
Old 7th November 2008, 23:25   #187
Senior - BHPian

Try to improve on the Hand brake error as it will affect your tyres and put load on the engine which you wont want so keep a reminder for yourself to take off the hand brake everytime you drive.
As for alloys thats no big deal. Initial months you will be busy with exploring the car so when you feel a bit bored get alloys to enhance the gud looks
harry10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2008, 00:29   #188
BHPian

Quote:

Mileage?

Started calculating by filling in 5 litres of diesel. The car has travelled 70KM so far without reaching the desired limit in the Fuel Gauge. Hence it may still go a little bit more. So atleast a minimum of 15kmpl is for sure(95% AC)

raj this is not the correct method.driving the car at a low fuel level is harmful for the engine.and that too at such an early stage.
i would recommend you not to calculate the FE like this,use the tank full method and refill it once the needle reaches 1/4 or 1/5.
plus the swift does not have a low fuel indicator.so you dont know exactly when the car will run out of fuel..
ankit.jhamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2008, 01:49   #189
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankit.jhamb View Post
raj this is not the correct method.driving the car at a low fuel level is harmful for the engine.and that too at such an early stage.
Where did that come from?
SLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2008, 12:40   #190
Senior - BHPian

@raj84:

> I am tempted to go beoyond 70kmph

70kph is the speed limit in Kerala's highways.

> Rarely use the fifth gear

At what speeds do you shift to 5th?

> I always tend to forget to release the hand brake.

I am sure the Swift has an indication for the 'hand brake on' position. Make a habit of looking at the instrument console befoe you drive off. No indicator should be on.

@ankit.jhamb:

> driving the car at a low fuel level is harmful for the engine

It is harmful to the fuel pump.
trrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2008, 12:49   #191
BHPian

Default Need help

Guys, i have booked Swift VDI in delhi on 14th Sept. Through a friend's contact in Maruti, i was trying to get the car out as soon as possible. Around 10 days back my friend got information from his contact that a mail has been sent to dealership about the car delivery.
When i talked to my salesperson, he denied that any mail has been received.

After that my friend went out of town and today when he again called me up, he told me that the car is ready to dispatch and dealership has been notified. Then i talked to the salesperson again, he mentioned that he has not received any information regarding the same.

My friend is trying to get more details but i fear that dealership is trying to hide the fact, so that they can sell the car to someone else at a premium.

is there any way through which i can find out about my car at dealership ?
deeps79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2008, 12:54   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankit.jhamb View Post
i would recommend you not to calculate the FE like this,use the tank full method and refill it once the needle reaches 1/4 or 1/5.
plus the swift does not have a low fuel indicator.so you dont know exactly when the car will run out of fuel..
Hi Ankit, I heard this comment from a friend of mine too. Hence the 5 litre test was with the fuel gauge almost in the middle. So I would be caluclating the mileage when th eneedle reaches the original point where i filled the fuel. Thanks for pointing out the problems with driving with low fuel

@harry10: Yes, now on I will check the warning lights as well, before driving

@trk: I shift after 60kmph. But rarely get an opportunity to go beyond 60

The swift definitely has a hand brake indicator. But the steering wheel almost hides the meter console. Now I will make it a point to check the lights before moving ahead
Old 8th November 2008, 13:02   #193
Senior - BHPian

Hi raj84,

> I shift after 60kmph. But rarely get an opportunity to go beyond 60

You'll get your chance, sooner or later.

> Now I will make it a point to check the lights before moving ahead

Make it a habit. Will be good for your rear wheel brakes in the long run and better for your fuel efficiency.
trrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2008, 13:51   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
@raj84:

@ankit.jhamb:

> driving the car at a low fuel level is harmful for the engine

It is harmful to the fuel pump.

typo,meant that only,
ankit.jhamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2008, 18:31   #195
BHPian

Quote:

Driving Errors -

I always tend to forget to release the hand brake. I start driving with the hand brake on. Only after realizing that the car has lost power, do I realize that the hand brake is on.

I had this handbrake error twice or thrice but car never moved forward when it was applied.

While driving it should not be in applied state(the indicator light), but one other thing appears from your scenario, after parking the car you are not applying handbrake sufficiently. Make sure to apply it enough that your car doesnt move forward when parked in slopy areas. The vehicle may tend to slip after you have left parking the vehicle.

Last edited by tush : 8th November 2008 at 18:34.