Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 16th October 2008, 22:15   #91
BHPian

@harry10: Thank you Harry. I am happy to share my enthusiasm and excitement with you all. After all sharing it with you all is what makes it exciting. Expecting to see you with Vista or i20 or maybe even a Grande Punto?
raj84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2008, 11:59   #92
BHPian

hi Raj, I am got a call from the dealer today stating that the car got dispatched from the plant yesterday,he told me that i can get delivery by next weekend.
i am not seeing you updating the thread for some days,you got delivery of your Red VDi ABS?
thereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2008, 16:13   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj84 View Post
@harry10: Thank you Harry. I am happy to share my enthusiasm and excitement with you all. After all sharing it with you all is what makes it exciting. Expecting to see you with Vista or i20 or maybe even a Grande Punto?
Its a pleasure Raj to be on this forum and chat with all you great guys.
Grande Punto is out of Q as the way things are happening it will probably come after March 09 and i will buy whatever is available in Jan itself.
Maybe i20 but that also depends which engines fiat launches otherwise Vista it is!
harry10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2008, 20:19   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thereal View Post
hi Raj, I am got a call from the dealer today stating that the car got dispatched from the plant yesterday,he told me that i can get delivery by next weekend.
i am not seeing you updating the thread for some days,you got delivery of your Red VDi ABS?
@thereal: Congrats on the great news. So by November you will have your beast with you. That will be a great Diwali gift

No I have not received my Swift. Today is only the 10th day after dispatch from the factory. It will take 12 days to reach Trivandrum. So expecting to get a call on any day from now on. The real wait and impatience begins the moment I get a call from the dealer that the car has reached. Then will get the loan processed. Now I have submitted all the documents and the Manager of the bank has accepted it. He asked me to inform him 1 day before I need the DD. So will have to call the manager of the bank the moment I get a call from the dealer.

@harry10: Great to have you too in the forum. In my opinion, all the cars(Swift, Vista and i20, GP) are great cars that you will not regret for buying it. GP and i20 are the best among the lot as they are new models made for the international market.So buy any of these on January and you will be happy for sure
Old 23rd October 2008, 22:16   #95
BHPian

congrats raj. now ive booked my White Vdi from Indus. They promised delivery before november 5th. I hope thats true.
philippose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2008, 23:07   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by philippose View Post
congrats raj. now ive booked my White Vdi from Indus. They promised delivery before november 5th. I hope thats true.
Welcome to the Swift Club Philippose.Great to have another person from Trivandrum on board.When did you make the booking? If you made the booking within the last one week, then dont believe what the Indus guy has said. They wont deliver it on November 5th. This is the usual trick that every Swift Owner would have fallen to, including myself. But still thay can deliver the car on November 5th if they want. So let us hope positively in that way. Keep disturbing them often and if possible visit the dealership quite often.

Last edited by raj84 : 23rd October 2008 at 23:09.
Old 23rd October 2008, 23:36   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Welcome to the Swift Club Philippose.Great to have another person from Trivandrum on board.When did you make the booking? If you made the booking within the last one week, then dont believe what the Indus guy has said. They wont deliver it on November 5th. This is the usual trick that every Swift Owner would have fallen to, including myself. But still thay can deliver the car on November 5th if they want. So let us hope positively in that way. Keep disturbing them often and if possible visit the dealership quite often.
yea raj i know you cant trust them. But I know the showroom manager and he told hes giving me another persons car since that man didnt have his finance yet.So yea all i do is cross my fingers and wait.
Old 23rd October 2008, 23:41   #98
BHPian

and yes i booked on august 1.
Old 24th October 2008, 04:27   #99
BHPian

Quote:
No I have not received my Swift. Today is only the 10th day after dispatch from the factory. It will take 12 days to reach Trivandrum. So expecting to get a call on any day from now on. The real wait and impatience begins the moment I get a call from the dealer that the car has reached. Then will get the loan processed. Now I have submitted all the documents and the Manager of the bank has accepted it. He asked me to inform him 1 day before I need the DD. So will have to call the manager of the bank the moment I get a call from the dealer.
Hi raj,I can feel your excitement as i do feel the same for my beauty,do take pictures as soon as the car lands trivandrum. then on dont stop driving
thereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2008, 10:23   #100
BHPian

@philippose: Since you have booked the car on August 1st, the chances of getting the car before November 5th is very likely. I think you will get it on the promised date as you have almost completed 3 months.

I have waited for 4 months. It was because of ABS fitted VDI, else wouldnt have had to wait 4 months. It was dramatic, with cancellation of ABS and then again fighting back to get ABS fitted one, thanks to Ankit.Jhamb. If the car indeed gets delivered within the next 1 Week , then it would give a great satisfaction, having waited for 4 months.

@thereal: Now you also must be feeling really impatient like me. Once the D-day approaches, the impatience grows to a much higher level. I am tempted to look at the huge collection of Swift photos in my computer. But since I was disappointed a lot of time previously(of not getting the car), I am not looking at it. Let the car come first.

The photos would be posted the day I get the car itself. I will be upgrading the tyres to Michellin XM1+ the same day. Alloys will come a month or two later.
Old 24th October 2008, 11:19   #101
BHPian

@RAJ84,-I am sure that you will get your car by DIWALI.The dealer must be calling you and telling you the status.
keep updating this thread.

take care
ankit jhamb
ankit.jhamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2008, 11:53   #102
BHPian

@raj : As ankit told,im sure you will get your car by diwali. And Why dont you go for 195/65 R14 tyres and about the alloys,I wouldnt suggest Aura. Aura got very limited designs. Im putting either league or HR alloys with 205/60 R 14 bridgestone potenza G3
Old 24th October 2008, 17:48   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Got another mail from the Regional Head today. He has confirmed what the manager had said. The car got dispatched on Monday. He has also given me the Model Number, Chasss Number , Engine Number as well as the key number. So things are moving on fine
@raj84 before even alloting the vehicle to you they gave you the engine number, chasis number and key number. I was told by the dealership that they can give me these details only after alloting the vehicle to me even though the vehicle is booked on my name. And they said alloting means they will have to prepare the invoice and that to theres still 10 days left for the vehicle to reach from the factory to the dealership .

When i said will get the invoice done on the day of delivery then he said he cannot give the engine number, chasis number and key number unless the car is invoiced.

Has any one come across such a situation?

Last edited by tush : 24th October 2008 at 17:52.
tush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2008, 20:20   #104
BHPian

Default The Beast has landed

Hi all,

The Bright Red Beast has finally landed in Trivandrum. Got a call from the Manager today informing me that the car has reached. Could not go and see the car as it had become night.

THANK YOU ANKIT.JHAMB!!!!!!!!

Here is what happened today

5:50PM - Manager calls and informs me that the car has reached. I told him that I will get the loan ready by Saturday(25th) or on Monday. He asked me not to delay it. So that made me a bit worried, as I was not sure whether the DD would be ready by tomorrow.I told him that I wont delay it and kept the call after thanking him

5:55PM - Called the Bank Manager and informed him that I need the DD by tomorrow. Then came the real shock. He is leaving for some place tomorrow and wont be back until Tuesday(28th). Hence he asked me that the DD would be ready on Wednesday

I was really disappointed as I had a fear that the car may be given to some other person due to the loan getting delayed. So I told the Bank Manager that since it is a Swift I may lose the car if the loan is delayed. So he thought for sometime and told me to call him after 1hour. He said he will ask his AGM to postpone the meeting that he was supposed to have tomorrow morning.

5:55PM - 7:15PM - Called my parents and informed them that the Beast has landed. Also told them the issue with the loan. Then left Office at 6:45PM and reached home at 7:15PM

7:20 - Prayed to God and made a call to the Bank Manager expecting the worst.
Me: " Hi, this is about the car loan for which I had contacted you 1 hour ago"

Manager: " Oh Yeah..hmm..do one thing, come with your father at 11:00AM tomorrow. I will give the DD"

Yessssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!! That was what I wanted. Thanked the Manager, kept the call and thanked god

So friends, I am now fully senseless and speechless.So Straightaway came to Team_BHP to get confused more

Hope that nothing else prevents me from getting the car tomorrow. Dont know if the RTO will be working tomorrow after 12PM as I will get the DD only at 11AM, so that the car gets registered.

The car is currently in yard. Will not get Off tomorrow, so dont know how I will manage all the things. Informed my friends to help me get the car home, as I wont be driving.

@tush: I got the Engine Number and Chasis Number as it was the Maruti Regional head who provided these info. He gave it as I kept pestering him with mails to the extent that he had to convince me that he has indeed dispatched the car. The dealers normally dont give these details

@philippose: I dont want to go beyond 185/70/R14 as I dont want to have any issues with ABS. Nor do I want to get the warranty void.If something happens with ABS then Maruti may say that it is because of the tyre upgrade. 185/70/R14 is safe as it is provided in ZXi by Maruti themselves. Aura Alloys because I liked a particular design. The ones that my friend's blue Swift has(posted in the first page of this thread)

@ankit.jhamb: If things go on fine tomorrow, then I will get the car before Diwali. And I owe you for getting me the ABS fitted VDI. You made all these possible. Thanks a lottt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 24th October 2008, 20:26   #105
BHPian

congrats raj. hope to see some pics as soon as you get it.hope i get mine fast too. anyways congrats again.