Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 27th October 2008, 07:14   #121
BHPian

@Dry Ice: Thank you sir!!!! Hope to get the car home soon and start taming the beast((gently ofcourse)

@tush: Yes, slightly worried whether the Alto would kiss my Beast and leave the lipstick on its cheeks. But the Alto looks wide and big in the photo, standing next to the Swift,or is it just me?The windshield also seems wider than the Swift
raj84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2008, 21:08   #122
BHPian

Congrats raj,just cant wait to see you grab your Red swift
thereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2008, 15:13   #123

Hi Raj

Congrats on fullfilling your dream. i am following your thread from a long time and I can sense your excitment for the first car as I have experienced in the past, just one thing regarding stereo, One of my neighbour got a Swift VDI 2 months back and it has a integrated stereo and I sure about it and I confirm in morning as well by peeping in the car.
Sachin26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2008, 17:51   #124
BHPian

Hey raj, I chanced upon your thread only today and sat with it from the very first post to the end and got really engrossed and excited equally for your red Beast. Its worth your wait pal. I too own a Silver DDIS and trust me pal your wait will be paid off once you get the beast in your hands. Its worth every penny spend and every minute you waited. I do miss the ABS though ( i dont have the ABS for similar reason of waiting period). Here is the pic of my darling.
Booked my Bright Red Beast- Swift VDI with ABS-image284.jpg
srikant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2008, 19:27   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachin26 View Post
Hi Raj

Congrats on fullfilling your dream. i am following your thread from a long time and I can sense your excitment for the first car as I have experienced in the past, just one thing regarding stereo, One of my neighbour got a Swift VDI 2 months back and it has a integrated stereo and I sure about it and I confirm in morning as well by peeping in the car.
Hi Sachin, I think you looked at a DZire VDI. Are you sure it was Swift VDI? Swift VDI does not come with a Stereo as far as I know.You can also attach the same stereo as an accessory as you can purchase it from MGA.

@srikant: Thank you sir. I have also read many threads in Team-BHP with excitement even before I decided to buy a Swift. Simply because I always wanted to buy a Swift.

Your Silver DDIS looks great and it also has a Team-BHP logo on the number plate. How did you manage to get it?Anyway it looks great on the car

46 hours more to go, to take my Beast Home. I was planning to go early to work on Thursday and then leave office at 2PM to take the car. Or Should I take an Off on Thursday? Totally confused
Old 28th October 2008, 19:45   #126
BHPian

raj take an off if you can on thursday. as it is the excitement wont let you concentrate on work and you know it!!!
drop in and hour or two early at the dealership and inspect everything closely again.
all the best for the "THE DAY" mate!!
white_vdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2008, 20:23   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_vdi View Post
raj take an off if you can on thursday. as it is the excitement wont let you concentrate on work and you know it!!!
drop in and hour or two early at the dealership and inspect everything closely again.
all the best for the "THE DAY" mate!!
Yes that seems the better idea. Will try to take off and go to the dealership 2 hours early. True, the excitement of getting the Beast is not allowing me to concentrate on the work. Most of the time I am zooming the picture of my Beast in my mobile
Old 29th October 2008, 08:12   #128
BHPian

Waiting for the pics of your red beast raj . . Well the Team BHP logo was just a local stickering job i got it done on the no plate . . you can add one yourself too with the person whom you go to for the no. plate.

Cheers

Srikant
Old 29th October 2008, 20:07   #129
BHPian

Could not get an off for tomorrow. Got a half day leave only.

Called the Manager of the dealership and asked him to do the registration today. He did and the registration has been completed. Dont know if the Registration Certificate will throw me a surprise tomorrow(wrong name, wrong address etc). I reminded the manager to do the Central Locking(ZXI) and Under Body coating.Informed him that I need the car at 3PM and that I would reach at 2PM. He asked me to come at 1:30PM(He doesnt know that I would be there by 1PM or even earlier due to excitement. If I had got a full day leave I would have reached the dealership at 9AM itself)

Kept all the papers in a bag ready. The downpayment amount is ready. The Team-BHP PDI checklist is also ready. But still any additional advice is welcome from all as this is the first car in family. No one has an idea on what to check.Also how can I confirm that the underbody coating has been done?
Old 29th October 2008, 20:15   #130
Team-BHP Support

Compare your cars underbody with a stock one. You will see the difference.

Also, please do all the checks before handing over the downpayment and signing any papers.
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2008, 20:28   #131
TOR
BHPian

Undercoat treatment comes with a warranty card from the product manufacturer-make sure you collect that-infact double check all the documents-including battery/tyre warranty and security system manuals.
TOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2008, 20:45   #132
BHPian

@Eddy: I would have payed the downpayment without checking the car, if you had not informed. Thank you sir. I will check the car before that.
Need to confirm that there are no lipstick marks from the Alto

@TOR: Yes, the warranty card would be enough as proof. Some people advice me not to do the coating now as it is rainy season in Kerala. They said the coating wont dry quick enough, so it may get spoiled in rain.But still went ahead with the coating. Avoided Teflon after reading about it in Team-BHP.I had done Teflon in my bike and there are many scratches that are clearly visible.Need to check the documents for sure. But I always forget one thing or the other in excitement. This has always happened to me.So need to ensure that I dont do the usual mistakes. Except for the delivery of the car on time and lack of follow-up, I was satisfied with the way they dealt with the customer.Hope they dont spoil it tomorrow.

Last edited by raj84 : 29th October 2008 at 20:49.
Old 29th October 2008, 21:42   #133
BHPian

hey do remember to go to the petrol bunk and get your tyre pressure checked as, pressure is generally kept high during transportation from the company to the dealer. So you may need to reduce it (if its not already checked in the PDI). Also get all the doubts on the function of all the switches in the car. Also check how to switch on the small light below the rear no plate (generally called rear fog lamp) as its not generally known to many people in the showroom too. I learnt about it only on Team BHP. Rest is already mentioned so i hope you have a grand delivery drive back home.

Cheers

Srikant
Old 30th October 2008, 00:10   #134
BHPian

raj take your cam along. finally the last night before you get her home. atleast try to sleep.
white_vdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2008, 23:19   #135
BHPian

raj??what happened?any updates?
ankit.jhamb is offline   Reply With Quote