Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 18th August 2008, 00:19   #31
Senior - BHPian

congrats on the buy.. but as said, aint the steering upside down?
govigov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2008, 01:06   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
congrats on the buy.. but as said, aint the steering upside down?
Bro,the steering is alright.Its just that the pic was clicked with the steering positioned upside down
lover_guy_001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2008, 03:55   #33
Senior - BHPian

Nice Car
Do post an ownershhip review
akshay4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2008, 12:33   #34
Senior - BHPian

Congrats - it takes a lot of courage and self-belief to go for a vehicle that everyone claims is a dud or badly built. You stuck by your requirements and went in for exactly what you wanted.

Enjoy your ride - it is very unique. Please make sure you know a good FRP fabricator in your city for minor repairs.
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2008, 13:24   #35
Jay
BHPian

Congrats on your buy dude, since its not your daily drive car... Drive safe and enjoy.
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2008, 13:55   #36
Senior - BHPian

Congrats lover_guy on being the first to own a storm in the forum. Would be great to get first hand info from you about the performance, efficiency, maintenance etc of this vehicle. BTW, how much is the on road price of this car ?
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2008, 14:07   #37
Team-BHP Support

Shahab, congrats on your san-storm and that's the spirit -- getting what one wants and then enjoying it.

I am sure you are not fully equipped to take the party/night out scene in Kolkatta by storm :-)
khan_sultan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2008, 18:58   #38
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the buy, It looks cool.

About Amway Shampoo I am using it from last 2 years, its very good, I suggest make your driver test the product (9-10 drops in medium sized bucket water) and use it on small area (may be some side portion of the car) and see for the result. This is because if amyway product eats up your car's paint.

If test is passed you will be excited to see the best result. amyway shampoo is very strong and it cleans very much. Avoid using it everytime car is waashed, I prefer use it for every 3rd wash of the car. However my driver uses it every single time because I want to see best results always and don't care what happen to car's paint after 4 years.

I suggest one more product consderring your car is Red. It would look hot with Amway Silicon Glaze which is rubbing compound.

Make sure proper steps are followed to apply the product and result: shining car

Please remember If car has repainted (except for best repaint work done) body these products will fade your car paint in such areas. It depends on how best repainting is done.

Regards,

Ravi.

Last edited by ravibhat : 18th August 2008 at 19:00.
ravibhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2008, 19:08   #39
Senior - BHPian

looks lovely
congrats on this gutsy buy
hope it serves you well and hope the After Sales Service is positive
all the best
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2008, 19:29   #40
BHPian

Finally I think T-BHPians have all cars made in India covered. Is there any car that's still not owned by a BHPian?

Thiyags
thiyags22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2008, 23:21   #41
BHPian

Note from Support: Text format tags removed. Please don't Copy-Paste from a Word Processor. Use Notepad instead. Thanks!

I am really having fun with the kind of comments the auto-walas and the taxi walas are giving. One biker almost fell while trying to overtake my car just to get a sight.. A guy is ready to dish out 8 lacs for the car because he has no knowledge about the car's origin and its original price..Its great to be in the spotlight Honestly, I am in a fun world right now .

I would surely love to see another bhp-ian buy this beauty ...I felt like a caged tiger in the New Honda City and that box called Zen and I really always hated Santro Xing.This one is giving me such a damn thrill at 100kph . Hair raising experience,literally

Yes ,I had the option of getting lemon green colored storm but then red looked fantabulous. I have not taken this car for any major mechanical service because I have had it ,only for 11 days now..Took it to the Woodlands petrol pump for a wash.. The fan belt was a problem so I got it changed through a local mechanic who specializes in foreign cars.

Thank you guys for the appreciation..About the parts, I have the option of getting it from the dealer in Kanpur but the cheaper option is the local market for spare parts in Calcutta.As my mechanic said,that this car is a complete khichri. San Motors have taken abit of Esteem,Fiat,Isuzu Amby and made this toy .

You can’t call this car a beast but its more like a new bride. Has to be treated with alot of affection cuz it looks and it indeed is , super delicate.. FRP. you see ;-) Need to find one FRP fabricator..

Ravi,Ive got Amway Silicon Glaze in hand..Hope it works well

Esteem_lover, if you want a new one, it will be around Rs 6.25 lacs .

Last edited by aah78 : 19th August 2008 at 00:48. Reason: See note.
Old 19th August 2008, 11:08   #42
Senior - BHPian

@ Shahab - Congrats! the car looks great - where in kolkata do you stay? i would like to see the car in person.
planet_rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2008, 23:34   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
@ Shahab - Congrats! the car looks great - where in kolkata do you stay? i would like to see the car in person.
I stay in kidderpore area..
Old 20th August 2008, 00:45   #44
Senior - BHPian

Congrats buddy ,the car looks great.
Glad that you finally got what you wanted.

Cheers
faithless_1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2008, 12:29   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lover_guy_001 View Post
Has to be treated with alot of affection cuz it looks and it indeed is , super delicate.. FRP. you see ;-) Need to find one FRP fabricator..
From what we've been told - if properly fabricated, it takes about 3 to 5 times the impact required for automotive steel to get dented to create any sort of damage on FRP. It isnt really a delicate darling, plus you dont worry about rust - your worry would be more about chipping and cracks from major impacts, not everyday bumps and dents that other car owners have to fret about.
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote