Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 6th October 2010, 18:11   #226
Senior - BHPian

Surya, i think the "Ford" fan motor has a longer pin which touches the radiator if the washers are not used.

Will get to know once i do some kms, will update you guys
lohithrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2010, 20:33   #227
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Good news Lohith! Time for another highway run ;-)

Wow, fasteners without washers...Some mechanic he is. If you happen to come down to Bangalore, it would be great if you seek a second opinion from Venkatesh about the installation. First of all, not many are well versed with the FIAT diagnosis and repair and in this case it is not even a FIAT OEM part. No wonder the mechanic used his pea sized brain which resulted in all the fiasco.

But I do hope the issue is resolved once and for all
JVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2010, 09:46   #228
Senior - BHPian

Jayant, yes sir most probably am doing some kms this weekend, staying couple of kms away from nh17 hiway run is very easy

oh yes, this mech was heights! yes for sure if am coming down to Bangalore sometime, will visit Venkis garage for sure!
Old 9th October 2010, 20:45   #229
Senior - BHPian

Default Atlast i think i can smile...but not before blowing my top offf..

Well everything needs to come to an end and i guess even the "overheating" issue which was thier the day i bought the car but it never bothered me much as i hardly used the car in city and i guess i was stuck in very few jams.

but i gues i got to the root of the issue, today i had the opportunity of checking the car as i was stuck in a jam for more then 20mins, where the car was continuously on as the traffic was moving very slowly. The good news is the "temp gauge" dint cross 40%.

phew finally i dont have to wory about traffic jams well now what could be the exact reason:

1. thier were 2 leaks in the radiator, 1 which was thier since i picked the cr and another which was caused by the faulty fan.

2. i think this has done major difference, the radiator was flushed and i guess now its helping it to breathe properly?

3. for pun only heheh they might have made sure the guage does not travel beyong 40% hehehe

Now what did piss me off? like always once i took the delivery i went staright to home and parked the car, thanks to the work pressure and till this morning dint start the car. Today morning i took the car out as i wanted to check the car before heading out later.
Now this was a good move, i could hear some noise from the front when on bad stretch of the road, this gave weird idea more then that i was sure something was loose and since the bumper was removed i was quiet sure.
It was around 9:20 and i headed towards Automatrix, parked the car and called the SA and in front of him i wanted to check the bulbar and what i found.. the entire assembly was shaking.

it was very clear that the moron who worked on the car dint ensure that the bullbar was fixed properly and thier goes my temper off and SA got pure blasting in front of junta...

Now hear SA cant be blamed entirely as the guy who worked was actual culprit but SA should have known this when he took the test drive.

But he suggested we speak to the works manager as i guess he himself was very disapointed. Works Manager was aware of this issue and he was surprised on why i had to come 3 times to get this fixed but however he admited that they had goofed up and they will look into the whole mess.

However promptly they took care of this and within an hours time they got it fixed.

But its very evident that these guys are way off the quality service!

Fiat are you listening?

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 9th October 2010 at 20:57.
Old 9th October 2010, 21:16   #230
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Good news. But am not clear what solved the issue. Fixing the leaks or flushing the radiator? And how were the radiator leaks fixed?

Regarding the service center episode, the biggest issue with these people is the accountability. They don't take ownership and always provide a stop-gap solution. Have noticed this in Concorde, Bangalore as well.

Hope you stay away from them for a long time now
Old 11th October 2010, 18:19   #231
Senior - BHPian

Yes! confirmed, heating issue has got solved!

This weekend did about 300kms and the the temp gauge dint cross 45%, ahh am happy

but i guess i desperately need to change the "headlight bulbs" had a tough time yesterday..

ANy suggestion folks?
Old 11th October 2010, 18:28   #232
Senior - BHPian

Keep them stock - just change the bull bar fog lights with hellas

Happy that the problem got resolved

I hope both of you guys (Jayanth & Lohith) have working Cigar Lighter Illumination (CLI), because mine stopped working since last week (Ciggy lighter works / fuse for the CLI / rear tail lights RHS / LHS number plate light / cabin light works). Follow it on this: http://www.fiatforum.com/palio/25042...n-1-6-16v.html

Last edited by planet_rocker : 11th October 2010 at 18:29.
planet_rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2010, 09:48   #233
Senior - BHPian

Thanks surya, so you recommend to be with 50/60?

The stock lights on bullbar is a Hella(germany) Hella india seems to be competing with autopal i felt the qualty is nothing but pathetic:(

btw, offlate 3 tyres are loosing air , earlier one had this issue. switched to nitro and that did help a bit but once in 2weeks i need to make a visit to the pump...

ER60 seems to be out of stock and i dont think will go in for a change anytime soon...
Old 13th October 2010, 10:13   #234
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Lohith, many folks are trying upgrades on their Puntos on various threads for headlights. You can check there. Am not sure how different is the arrangement in the older cars like ours but nor harm in checking. Only issues they are facing is the warranty which should not be a problem for you

Surya - Never used CLI since I quit smoking long time back. LoL, that fellow there is urging you to run and stop smoking instead of answering your query. I guess thats the best solution for you ;-)
Old 13th October 2010, 10:42   #235
Senior - BHPian

on CLI i dont smoke so its nothing but a show piece in my car
Old 13th October 2010, 10:49   #236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
on CLI i dont smoke so its nothing but a show piece in my car
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
Surya - Never used CLI since I quit smoking long time back. LoL, that fellow there is urging you to run and stop smoking instead of answering your query. I guess thats the best solution for you ;-)
Guys - you did not get it properly. Its the illumination thingy not working properly that is bothering me a LOT. Will DIY change the bulb after Durga Puja. Thanks guys
Old 13th October 2010, 11:55   #237
BHPian

@Lohith. Glad to see your problems fixed. Have good fun with your adventure.
In my case also, after changing the spark plugs, the fuel injector light has not come on. Of course, I did drive only once in such conditions (sedate driving on cold climates). Hope it stays that way.
thalavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2010, 11:59   #238
Senior - BHPian

thalavoy, thanks and happy for you but i would suggest that you do a thorough check before coming to the conclusion as in most cases the mechs try to find easy way out...
Old 13th October 2010, 14:56   #239
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Lohith and Surya - Do you guys have the owners and workshop/service manuals with you?

On PUG, I found some references to Bravo-Brava and Marea manuals not Palio/Adventure per se. Are the engines same?
Old 13th October 2010, 15:03   #240
Senior - BHPian

i have the Owner's Manual as a PDF file - also have the hard copy

I think Vipul Singh has the Worksop Manual. Stilo 1.6 16v should be similar.