Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 13th October 2010, 15:09   #241
Distinguished - BHPian

Its nice to know that the car is back to the good self. Now enjoy many more happy rides on the Shiradi Ghats

May be OT: Does somebody have the workshop manual for the Palio 1.2 and the 1.6 versions?

If yes, kindly pm me.
nkrishnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2010, 20:21   #242
Senior - BHPian

Unhappy Concentration lapse blew my rear view mirror....

Well the heating issue was fixed but the idiots at "automatrix" had made sure that they make this memorable moment and had left few niggles....

One of my bumper light had stopped functioning after the radiator issue was fixed, as expected the moron who fit the bumper had forgotten to plug the wire, so Saturday had been to automatrix to get this checked and it took hardly few mins to fix...

Also on the rear windshield these guys had tried to remove the "Concorde" sticker and stick automatrix in this course they had left some scratches, i asked them to touch it up too..

now bth the above got fixed but while i was pulling out of the parking i forgot that i had parked very close to a pole, now when i parked i had kept the steering wheel straight but when fixing the bumper light the mech turned it to extreme right and kept it there...
now with the concentration lapse looking back i started to pull out, now since the since the steering was completely turned right it took sometime and the cars front went towards right while reversing and BANG" goes my right rear view mirror...

am shocked for a moment, what comes to my mind is 3k which i need to shell out for a new one....i get out and the mech who fixed the light was just thier he came and checked the damage...

the shoulder is cracked but the "aluminum" bracket which is the skull is broken. but the mirror is intact. but the good part is the break has happened only in 2 areas where the screws are fit. so i think it would be very easy to weld it.

It should have been very easy for a good mech to make this call on the spot but the idiots in automatrix just told me that i need to go for a change and they dont have the shoulder only i need to pick the entire set, but suggested me to try in pumpwell circle which is micro mini JC road of bangalore....but i must say you hardly find anything what you want here!

after wasting an hour i head back home, tried reaching few guys but no luck. i called "Venkatesh" he told he has one and assured he can send it but later he called up and told that its damaged and he can arrange one on Monday.

Till now i had thought i need to change but when i inspected it closely i felt it could be fixed.

Called up "works manager" of automatrix and he told me about a guy who specializes in aluminium. also told me that he will try to find the solution for it....now am waiting for Monday, i know pretty funny but thats how life is heheh
lohithrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2010, 23:08   #243
JVH
Senior - BHPian

:-)

Looks like your Advy tries everything possible to crave your attention. Can you post a pic to see where exactly the bracket is broken?

About a year ago, 3 morons on a bike, on a narrow road coming from the opposite side banged my right rear view mirror. But in my case, just the mirror broke and I was able to fix it myself a new one for just Rs. 20. It was big impact though. So, yours certainly looks like a bad one.

P.S - I had been to Venkatesh today but forgot to ask about the caliper pin, sorry. Will try to call him on Monday since he's closed tomorrow
JVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2010, 17:06   #244
Senior - BHPian

Well Jayant here it was completely my fault loosing the concentration can be dangerous and thanks to automatrix just because their negligence i had to visit the workshop and a new issue is born!

Well did the run and around and the final conclusion is that i cant get this bracket fixed, have asked Nagaraj if he can source it if not i will ask Venkateh to ship the mirror...

i must say Venkatesh is kind of blessing to me, he has been very helpful in many occasions! Kudos

Also the head lights are bad, this sunday with rain i hardly could make out anything. i am thinking of "osram"
Old 30th October 2010, 20:23   #245
Senior - BHPian

Default Hard work pays.....

Owning a automobile has helped me to learn a lot about engineering and being a designer it does help me a lot when it come to analysis...

coming to point it almost took 2+ weeks to get the rear view mirror fixed not because it was not available but i did not want to buy a motororised one which would have costed me good 3k!

since the mirror was itact and it was just the holder/bracket which had to be changed now i tried to get the bracket but dint find it also tried to get it welded but no luck there too as its a white metal and cant be welded, atleast that was told to me...

but i seriously dint want to buy a motorised one but toay almost decided on it and asked automatrix guys to fix it but the challenge was the switch panel as i dint know what has to be done as one side will be manual and the other motorised. i checked a manual mirror on another car and the design looked almost the same as the motorised one and my common sense told me that the bracket inside should be the same...

i clearly instructed the SA on the idea and came home, arund 3 i get a call and am told that its not possible. hmmm now though i accepted it but still was not vry convinced. i went early and asked me the manual mirror and on close check it was very clear that it was the same braket as in my cars got it fixed with the motorised mirror in matter of 10mins...

now i dont have words to express what a bunch of idiots where there in workshop who had just given up even without a proper check!

i just have to say one has to learn about thier machines else be ready to loose! this could have been done the day i broke the mirror!

FIat..Automatrix train your people well or else start selling groceries!
Old 8th November 2010, 11:05   #246
Senior - BHPian

FOlks off-late Advy is seen lots of bad roads, this weekedn while negotiating some bad roads started to get a wired noise now am not sure its from suspension or from steering column.

I do get the vibration along that noise on the steering what it can be?
Old 8th November 2010, 11:19   #247
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Pinch-Pinch!

My car also saw bad roads last week during a 2000 kms trip. But what I get is not vibration but a KHAT noise when I turn the steering wheel in stand still position like adjusting and moving from a parking lot. I suspect its a steering column issue.

Lohith, I guess yours is also more of a steering issue than suspension. BTW, what kind of noise you are getting?
Old 8th November 2010, 11:24   #248
Senior - BHPian

its coming from the steering rack - i get this sound (one khat) while turning right at standstill.

PS: someone stole the "A" from the Palio badge on the boot. :(

Last edited by planet_rocker : 8th November 2010 at 11:25.
planet_rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2010, 11:29   #249
Senior - BHPian

Jayant, Surya the sound is like " kaynk" with the vibration...

Surya, looks like the thief had the "vitamin A" deficiency lolz
Old 18th November 2010, 11:53   #250
Senior - BHPian

Update on the sound...

It was a minor issue just the inner ends had to be lubricated and the issue seems to have vanished.

Just that after seeing the way the test drive was conducted by the technician am not quiet sure i want them to do td at all
Old 18th November 2010, 13:18   #251
Senior - BHPian

yes - i usually don't like the way mechanics TD the cars to check if if the work done is ok.

I don't know what they do when they TD our cars in our absence.

But glad that the "khatack" sound is gone. did they lubricate the suspension parts?
planet_rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2010, 14:21   #252
Senior - BHPian

Surya, am not sure which other part was lubricated but the technecian had told me the inner ends needs to be lubricated...

Oh yea, the way he drove i felt as if he wants to break something so that he doesnt have to look for the trouble but sor sure we need to worry about it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
yes - i usually don't like the way mechanics TD the cars to check if if the work done is ok.

I don't know what they do when they TD our cars in our absence.

But glad that the "khatack" sound is gone. did they lubricate the suspension parts?
Old 18th November 2010, 19:40   #253
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Good to hear that the noise vanished.

No luck for my car. I still hear the distinct khat sound. He tried the lubricants on the ball joint and steering rack as well but no luck. And its audible not all the time but only sometimes. Maybe I'll have to check with alignment guys?
Old 19th November 2010, 14:23   #254
Senior - BHPian

Have you checked for the rubber bush kits wear in the suspension?
wanderernomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2011, 12:06   #255
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: City to Adventure - Updated!

Sorry guys been very long since i updated this thread

@wandere..., the sound vanished after the lubrication.

Last few months the car has run a lot and has done a wonderful job without any complaints(touch wood*) hehe

Had the throttle body and plugs cleaned as i felt a bit sluggish at lower rpms, the problem vanished..

Only issue which am facing is the rear passengers are not comfy cause of the leg space, i was thinking fitting sparco kind osf sports seat may help? though am not sure how comfy they are for on long drives?

anyone suggestions here??