Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 7th April 2011, 07:57   #256
BHPian

Default Re: City to Adventure - Updated!

No offense meant but after reading through 17 pages I feel that you are spending more time in A.S.S than driving this car. So after two years do you say it was a worthy buy? I am not saying it is not a fun car to drive but so many trips to the service center would certainly take a toll.
zaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2011, 10:54   #257
Senior - BHPian

Zak - my car has visited the service center more than 3 times in a span of one month and as i speak - it is in the service center - but at times i do feel that it would have been better if i got hold of an Alto / Maruti

but i guess, there is something about Fiats that keep us holding on to them - read my signature. God bless our cars.

take care.
planet_rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2011, 13:30   #258
Senior - BHPian

zaks actually if you see only in the initial part the car needed lots of care thanks to the previous owner but last 1year it as reduced a lot and touch wood last few months its almost nil.

secondly spending time in *** is quiet normal with any used car maybe the with some its more and vice versa...

also another factor is usage, if the car is used on long drives then more chances of few parts failing sooner or you want to ensure that the car is fit...

i still feel tht i did a good decision as the car feels great on hiway and i enjoy driving it
lohithrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2011, 12:47   #259
BHPian

Guys. 18 pages of read about the Advy. And am confused whether buying an immaculate condition 2002 advy owned by a fellow bhpian (who has made couple of advices on this thread as well :P) will be worth it or not. Although the car has been kept with a lot of TLC. The test drive of the car gave me a kick. The car comes with 4x2x1 headers and k&n filters with mugen endcan. Except for fading paints and the aging showing on the body. nothing else seems to be amiss. I have somehow connected to the car. The only thing is that I don't want it pinching my pocket on a month to month basis coz I have already let my 2003 800 pinch me quite a lot over the years.

Reason to buy this car is:
- I want a tough car on my travels but less on the pocket.
- The 800 has done its share of travelling on territories it wasn't built for, and I feel that now it needs a bit of a breather.
- I am in love with this car. (no offence to snowy - my 800, I still love you and will continue to. )

Last edited by krazydriver84 : 20th June 2011 at 12:53. Reason: Edited reason to buy
krazydriver84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2011, 14:43   #260
Senior - BHPian

kd, if the car is in mint condition then just close your eyes and pick it, thier will be normal wear and tear which a used car will have but for the pleasure this car is capable in awarding its very ok...btw i picked a car which was not in that good shape which led to the issues else this car is not a bad car at all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazydriver84 View Post
Guys. 18 pages of read about the Advy. And am confused whether buying an immaculate condition 2002 advy owned by a fellow bhpian (who has made couple of advices on this thread as well :P) will be worth it or not. Although the car has been kept with a lot of TLC. The test drive of the car gave me a kick. The car comes with 4x2x1 headers and k&n filters with mugen endcan. Except for fading paints and the aging showing on the body. nothing else seems to be amiss. I have somehow connected to the car. The only thing is that I don't want it pinching my pocket on a month to month basis coz I have already let my 2003 800 pinch me quite a lot over the years.

Reason to buy this car is:
- I want a tough car on my travels but less on the pocket.
- The 800 has done its share of travelling on territories it wasn't built for, and I feel that now it needs a bit of a breather.
- I am in love with this car. (no offence to snowy - my 800, I still love you and will continue to. )
lohithrao is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2011, 14:51   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
kd, if the car is in mint condition then just close your eyes and pick it, thier will be normal wear and tear which a used car will have but for the pleasure this car is capable in awarding its very ok...btw i picked a car which was not in that good shape which led to the issues else this car is not a bad car at all!
Thanks man! Needed a bit of push towards it. I was already 60% convinced but needed that extra push.

Looks like the bhpian is going to miss his car soon. :P

Enjoy your honeymoon period with her!
Old 20th June 2011, 14:56   #262
Senior - BHPian

Btw offlate the car has hardly visited the ***(Touch wood, i need to get the headlights changed and a service to be done...

Well my friend this is one of the best cars in that price bracket which one could buy, i guess you should close the deal before he changes his mind

Last edited by lohithrao : 20th June 2011 at 14:57.
Old 19th July 2011, 19:10   #263
BHPian

Nice experience on your Adventure. Off late one can easily visualize there is not much trip is needed to fix those silly issues. The car doesnot give any sort of mechanical issues. These are just regular consumables. What I have gathered is on the used car market Any Car needs complete overhaul on the suspension set up(struts, lowerarms, stabilizer bar bush kit, tierod end). Inspect and fix clutch and bearings, Use genuine timing belts and pulleys, Overhaul slave cylinder, Manually remove the radiator and flush the engine internals, if possible replace water pump. This will put around 30K expense but this will give piece of mind for the next 60K kms or 5 years.

Regards,
Vijay
vijaycool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2011, 12:24   #264
Senior - BHPian

Default Some updates aftaer a long time

Advy has been nice to me for last few months(TW), had to drive sown to Bangalore couple of weeks back and thats when i got a surprise....

laast week the end can silencer fell off and it gave birth to an expensive issue, gave it to Concrode motors(Kudlu gate) for a check and if possible fix it..

As usual Vijay(SA) did a great job in fixing all those tiny issues but told they wont be able to fix the silencer as its badly rusted, so a replacement is required which is whooping 16k endcan + center pipe. now people dont jump i guess most of the cars silencers cost in the same range infact the complete exahaust set up of OHC was more the 30k...

now i had to make a choice os either ordering the set or go for a FFe or look for alternative way, first 2 options were expensive so i took the 3rd option.

Yesterday i almost spent the entire day at JC road, first picked a endcan of 1.2 palio as none has ever herad or seen of adventures endcan anyhow at RAC they had fit the same one so i decided on it but the center pipe which holds the muffler was also gone so i had to get the center pipe of 1.2 and do some mix and match between the old and new, with many loads of cutting and welding, the project got over around 8ish..

after driving for about 10kms i feel the silencer is touching the body somewhere and also i feel some rubbers were missing so at rpms below 1000 there is vibration.....
Old 18th September 2011, 12:36   #265
Senior - BHPian

Default Headlight and the rpm realted issues

have 2 issues you can say which is bothering me..

Headlight, water is soaking n every time it rains or when washed, have tried to clean and fitit back but does not stay for long, so decided to change them which is about 3200 but have to wait as its not in stock.

At JC road 3 qualities is avaialble, 1800. 2200 and 2500, 2500 is supposed to be original and is from a company called "Lancya" the other 2 are Taiwan make.

Can some one confirm on the original make? also has any one tried taiwan make as 2k per peice even it lasts 2years makes sense for me and the original from company also has issues...

Suggest me on this..

RPM raising issue, this i noticed after the long drive, in traffic when i slow down teh rpm sticks around 1500 to 2000, i have to accelerate again to get it down.

i have got the throttle body cleaned. but has not worked.

what may be the issue?
Old 19th September 2011, 08:37   #266
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Headlight and the rpm realted issues

Quote:

At JC road 3 qualities is avaialble, 1800. 2200 and 2500, 2500 is supposed to be original and is from a company called "Lancya" the other 2 are Taiwan make.

Can some one confirm on the original make? also has any one tried taiwan make as 2k per peice even it lasts 2years makes sense for me and the original from company also has issues...
Don't know the name of the original make, but I got mine for Rs. 3,200. Its been about 18 months after the replacement and there's been absolutely no issues of water clogging. If its really original, 2500 is quite a deal and I would have gone for it.

Quote:

RPM raising issue, this i noticed after the long drive, in traffic when i slow down teh rpm sticks around 1500 to 2000, i have to accelerate again to get it down.

i have got the throttle body cleaned. but has not worked.

what may be the issue?
I had faced this issue a few months ago. A simple DIY Air filter cleaning was all it took to get the issue resolved. Try that or try blowing compressed air at the injectors and see if it gets resolved.
JVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2011, 09:00   #267
Senior - BHPian

Jayant, thanks, i guess i need to wait for a week or more for the original one.
however at JC they were quiet sure the second quality is as good...
Old 19th September 2011, 14:10   #268
Senior - BHPian

IAC valve goes crazy after long highway drives - the IACV will show less dirt if opened. spray WD-40 around the black potentiometer wheel where the cable is stuck. Reset ECU and it will be solved Add new air filter as mentioned by Jayant.

Make sure the cluster is dry - drive without the black plastic caps & Headlamps on (Low + High) - keep it like that when the engine bay is hot - the moisture will go away.

Open the black plastic caps behind the cluster - check rubber plugs on the grooves - place rolled paper in between the grooves wall and rubber plugs and fit them back properly.

Make sure the L-shapped plug at the extreme corner is facing down. seal headlamp cluster glass edges and plastic body with thick layer of Fevicol / glass sealant.

Last edited by planet_rocker : 19th September 2011 at 14:11.
planet_rocker is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2011, 14:59   #269
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Some updates aftaer a long time

Quote:
after driving for about 10kms i feel the silencer is touching the body somewhere and also i feel some rubbers were missing so at rpms below 1000 there is vibration.....
Used to face the same issue when I had to get my OHC silencer welded coz of the leak in the silencer.
What I did was Bend the hinges & put some very good rubber bushes where the silencer was making noise.
So make sure the rubber(a thick one) is of good quality before you put them near the silencer, else it might just melt.

Don't worry abt the lights which you get from CAR AUTOMOBILES(2.5K original), they mostly sell original parts, else they mention it as a duplicate/replica.
We (me n my friends) have always had a good experience regarding the spares from Car Automobiles
sushrutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2011, 18:25   #270
BHPian

Guys, Nowadays when I start up, after the turnkey, the rpm falls to around 600 - 500 and then automatically becomes stable at around 900. this is just for a second. Any inputs on why this could be the reason.

Also have any of you replaced the aux lights on the bull bar?
Am contemplating replacing them with better hella fogs, since driving with them in winter in delhi would be a problem. Do you think it will affect the electrical load overall?

Could also one of you tell me, whether you literally have to stand on the brakes to get it to stop? Because I sometimes feel the brakes are ineffective in terms of panic braking. if not then I guess i have to get the master cylinder changed. Any idea on its cost?