Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 19th September 2011, 18:43   #271
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: City to Adventure - Updated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazydriver84 View Post
Guys, Nowadays when I start up, after the turnkey, the rpm falls to around 600 - 500 and then automatically becomes stable at around 900. this is just for a second. Any inputs on why this could be the reason.
this is when the car is hot / after a drive? check the condition of the coils.

Quote:
Also have any of you replaced the aux lights on the bull bar?
Am contemplating replacing them with better hella fogs, since driving with them in winter in delhi would be a problem. Do you think it will affect the electrical load overall?
just match the load / ah though i have not come across any adventures with mod.

Quote:
Could also one of you tell me, whether you literally have to stand on the brakes to get it to stop? Because I sometimes feel the brakes are ineffective in terms of panic braking. if not then I guess i have to get the master cylinder changed. Any idea on its cost?
if you are above 120KPH - yes use engine braking and brakes together. check brake disc / replace - use wider rubber - lot of after market brake upgrades available for adventures, if you can google / check www.fiatforum.com/palio

hope this helps

Last edited by planet_rocker : 19th September 2011 at 18:45.
planet_rocker is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2011, 18:49   #272
Senior - BHPian

krazydriver, am not sure you want to replace the oem as its damn expensive but yes these days u have lods of options and am contemplating too.

Brakes, i feel the brakes are not bad(Touch wood), to keep the car in control one has to mix of engine braking aswel and this holds good even for motorbikes, i got th rear wheel drum replaced its about 1600.

also forgot to mention that i got all the suspensions checked and thank god all are in perfect condition
lohithrao is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2011, 18:52   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
this is when the car is hot / after a drive? check the condition of the coils.
This happens when I cold start it as well in the morning. The revs fall and then stabilize.

Quote:
just match the load / ah though i have not come across any adventures with mod.
The mods would more be from a necessity point of view than showoff. Am considering putting either of these:
Hella jumbo 320 blue
hella Luminator metal
hella Luminator Compact metal celis
hella Luminator compact metal xenon
hella hydorlux 1000ff - for adverse driving

Let me know which you think would be most appropriate.

Quote:
if you are above 120KPH - yes use engine braking and brakes together. check brake disc / replace - use wider rubber
The brake discs seem fine. Do you think I need to get the master cylinder checked/replaced?

i ask this because I practically have no braking if am at high speeds.
Taken a conscious decision to avoid high speeds till this is remedied.

Quote:
hope this helps
krazydriver84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2011, 18:54   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
krazydriver, am not sure you want to replace the oem as its damn expensive but yes these days u have lods of options and am contemplating too.

Brakes, i feel the brakes are not bad(Touch wood), to keep the car in control one has to mix of engine braking aswel and this holds good even for motorbikes, i got th rear wheel drum replaced its about 1600.
I don't know if am at 80-90 or so, brakes kick in fine. stoppage time is around 2-3 secs max. but above that and i brake, i feel as if the brakes are not even kicking in and feel the car is without brakes and i literally have to rely on engine braking.

Quote:
also forgot to mention that i got all the suspensions checked and thank god all are in perfect condition
Touchwood, the suspensions are fine.
Old 19th September 2011, 19:06   #275
Senior - BHPian

KD - get ready for the kick - back to back posts: merge the second post with the first one and report the second post to be deleted.

above 120KPH - brakes are scary - adventures have upgraded / larger brake discs compared to palios (keeping in mind the extra weight). you can use after market brake pads - OMP / EBC and the likes, available for Adventures specifically.
planet_rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2011, 19:55   #276
BHPian

Quote:
I don't know if am at 80-90 or so, brakes kick in fine. stoppage time is around 2-3 secs max. but above that and i brake, i feel as if the brakes are not even kicking in and feel the car is without brakes and i literally have to rely on engine braking.
Does the pedal feel spongy? I had the problem of weak brakes after the last service and I went on a long drive and had some scary moments due to brakes kicking in late. Took to a garage and had to get the brake lines bled to let go trapped air. The rear of the car need to be jacked up high and there is a nut near the drum that need to be unscrewed while one person pumping the brakes. Top up the brake fluid. Problem solved. Brakes are back with the bite!
bejoy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2011, 19:57   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
Does the pedal feel spongy? I had the problem of weak brakes after the last service and I went on a long drive and had some scary moments due to brakes kicking in late. Took to a garage and had to get the brake lines bled to let go trapped air. The rear of the car need to be jacked up high and there is a nut near the drum that need to be unscrewed while one person pumping the brakes. Top up the brake fluid. Problem solved. Brakes are back with the bite!
Thanks dude. Will try and get this done asap. It scares me right now.

Last edited by krazydriver84 : 19th September 2011 at 19:58. Reason: wrong wordings
Old 24th September 2011, 19:56   #278
Senior - BHPian

Default Some Updates

Last friday was a long day at JC road, got the endcan of 1.2 and the centre pipe fixed, was not a easy job but managed to get it cleanly fit.

Presently has some vibrations i think its dude to some alignment issue.

Total cost on this project is 3700

I got the headlights, the one on the car is made in Brazil could not make out the name but the once which are available in *** is IJL, got the same brand for 2400 a piece.

Lastly the idling related issue got sorted out, got it done at Concorde(Kudlu gate) Vijay(SA) got the throttle body and the sensors cleaned up and the car behaves normal now....

Would like to add a note on Vijay, with such SA around it makes sense to retain a Fiat, sadly one may not find many who belong to this category but i really hope Vijay will be part of Concorde till i own this car

Also a big thanks to Jayath and Surya
lohithrao is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2011, 16:34   #279
Senior - BHPian

Advy is having a dust bath thanks to the place i live in, and thanks to the Bangalore traffic and the fuel price this baby will do lots of chilling hehe

however was thinking of a FFE, spoke to raj and he quoted 18k which made me think and have put it on hold..

how many of you guys think the FFE is beneficial and otherwise? on my OHC the FFE did wonders and eve i used to get good mileage...

With Palio being a bit complex interms of design and the space am not sure how safe is it, however with experts like Raj working on it this may not be a concern...

would be keen to know your thoughts..
lohithrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2011, 17:55   #280
Senior - BHPian

I am against fitting a FFE in the Palio or any Fiat, though i am running Elektra FFE in the Padmini.

if you look closely the mid pipe diameter is good enough. a close friend Kaustav (krazydriver on TBHP) has an Adventure with FFE and headers. 2002 - Fiat Palio Adventure - krazydriver84's Photo Gallery - Team-BHP may be he can throw some light. if it is just the endcan, get in touch with Venkatesh and source a 1.6 endcan if you can. the 1.2 & 1.6 have a bit different endcans (as told by FASS)

if it is just sound you are looking for, there are lot of good endcan suited for the 1.6 engine - i have my eyes on Evotion Titanium EV801.

Fitting a FFE is safe - no issues if fitted properly and is properly tuned for performance. Just that access to the exhaust side is a bit of problem being on firewell side in the 1.6 - you will have to take the block off the mount and gain access - i will let it as it is

take a look at this: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...tml#post900942 (Palio 1.6 GTX Initial review of a used 2002 model)

Last edited by planet_rocker : 28th September 2011 at 18:02.
planet_rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2011, 20:53   #281
Senior - BHPian

ahhhh one more tiring day, aint easy to save money..

first, exhaust job was not done properly so went to Nagaraj(Kormangala) he again did some operation/welding and set it rght, i do still get some noise but i guess is managable...costed me 500bucks

yesterday finally got my bull bar hella fogs replaced with another suitable lamps, best part it costed me just 2500 which includes lamp,lights relay, wire and labor. seems like it works good but needs to be focused..

today got the windscreen sunfilm from "infrakool" pretty expensive but seems like it works well, will get to test it soon and will update you all on this.
Old 2nd October 2011, 21:36   #282
Senior - BHPian

Default headlight focusing

The headlights are badly focused, and i gues the bulbs arent greant presently on Philips..

any suggestions on this?
Old 3rd October 2011, 10:57   #283
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: headlight focusing

Any suggestions guys?

between using "90/100" bulbs would it crete any issue for the headlamps assembly?

OSRAM or Philips and where to procure in Bangalore ?

Quote:
The headlights are badly focused, and i gues the bulbs arent greant presently on Philips..

any suggestions on this?
Old 25th October 2011, 20:46   #284
Senior - BHPian

Seems like none are following my thread:( i did not get any inputs from anyone...

however i have some updates and good one..

post exercise of getting the silencer and headlamps fixed i was still not happy, silencer was coming in contact with the body which made vibrations and the headlamps where not focused at all..

i did drive to Mangalore in the same condition and in the middle of nowhere the rpm raising issue again haunted me, luckily it vanished after a while... adding to the list the car lost its smoothness and at idling felt like it was a diesel car.

today i dropped the car at Automatrix, Mangalore. and listed out all these issues to Sandeep(SA) and when i got the car in the evening all these issues were sorted out...

Car's lghts are focused well, idlin is smooth and the beast has got back the crispness, silencer vibration issue fixed...

am happy and can say TASS is getting better and very professional! at this rate i wont mind picking Safari as my next car
lohithrao is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2011, 13:06   #285
Senior - BHPian

Default Idling issue gets back but this time gets sorted out for good!

I always believe that the things which hapen fast/quickly aint for real and thats what happen with the idling related issue...

few days back the idling issue comes back and this time it seemed more and stayed for long, Sandeep(Automatrix) ruled out any issye with stepper motor(throttle body) while Venkatesh was very sure of that, if it was tyhe issue then am looking at a huge bill..

in my heart i hoped it was simpler issue, had doubts about the throttle response for long and it was not investigated till now, this timw when i took the car again Sandeep was sure its something to do with the throttle cable...

Devil shows its face
i left the car at ***(Automatrix) and during the test drive the thorttle cabe got cut! yippe check the timing here!!!! couple of weeks back had driven down from bangalore and the previous evening had done some 10+kms in the night, if it had got cut then i would have been in deep $%$%
Anyhow Advy dint let me down!!!

729bucks and the cable is replaced!

how does the Advy drive now
Car shoots and driving it is fun now, this issue was thier for long i always felt that the car was not responsive enough and i attributed to me been used to driving OHC whic is more peppier and i was wrong...
lohithrao is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote