Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 27th August 2008, 20:37   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Lohith, just mention the figures. BTW, what was the FE of OHC?

(380+)/24 = 15.8333333+
sanjayatarizona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2008, 20:42   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Lohith, just mention the figures. BTW, what was the FE of OHC?
ok while going i got about 15+ kms with all those driving conditions...and 15% ac

while coming i guess got close to 17kms, same road conditions less of jam, got stuck in a small jam on the ghat and a bad one on the peenya road...
lohithrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2008, 20:52   #48
Senior - BHPian

Raghav, quiet a lot of work has been done over a period of weeks time

All the fluids change, Magnetic and Bardhal

Silence 2 pieces changed costed me about 4500 for both...

Painting, 4 doors had some rust near the window beading the driver side door had a bad one, bullbar was rusted so to fix all these costed me about 8k

Polish costed me about 1200bucks...

Wiper blades, one wheel drum, brake pads...

Conversion of the lighting to 90/100 about 2k+ also cleaning the HL....its worth it!

forgot few stuffs will update after checking the bill

Lastly changed to Michellinn XM1+ 4 of them, with wheel balancing and nitrogen fill i got it for 15k
Old 27th August 2008, 21:02   #49
Team-BHP Support

how are the brakes holding up Lohit? They good or you got them also serviced/changed etc?

IIRC, you got the work done from RAC Koramangla. What's you feedback about their work w.r.t Palio's? I am thinking of finding some other place other than Green Tracks. I feel their quality is going down now with each passing day.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 27th August 2008 at 21:04.
khan_sultan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2008, 21:20   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
+ also cleaning the HL....its worth it!
first, nice looking car, great work done on painting,adventure looking classy in silver...

how was this headlight cleaning done, where did u get it done.. pl elaborate to detail...
sanjaymugur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2008, 21:30   #51
Senior - BHPian

Khan bhai, Brakes are fantastic, have got the brake pads replaced...Advy is very stable when braked hard, i guess the credit goes to the suspensions too!

The entire job was done in RAC, infact one of the main reasons i went to RAC was that they are equipped to do all the jobs from painting to silencer to headlights...

About their work i would say they are much better compared to GT, i hated the attitude of the people in GT...

Like any other mechanic you will have to push the RAC guys a bit, they are pretty proactive but if you take the initiative i guess you will be happy....
But quality is good esp painting....there is a guy who is responsible for fiats. he is a level headed guy...i think you should try RAC

Sanjay, thanks the cleaning is also done at RAC, it is not a very complex method.... am happy with that job...

Last edited by lohithrao : 27th August 2008 at 21:33.
Old 27th August 2008, 21:34   #52
Team-BHP Support

Thanks man. Will give them a try sometime.

Quote:
... About their work i would say they are much better compared to GT, i hated the attitude of the people in GT...
I am beginning to feel the same. I think the fact that many PUG members have written good things about hem is getting to their head.

They are now just going with the motions now -- no commitment and ownership.
khan_sultan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2008, 21:44   #53
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Lohith! Good one for sure. Excellant ride it is. I always loved Adventure I didn't buy it since I found for my family rear leg room is bit less. It has got excellant ride. Good choice in right time.

I think FE you mentioned is too good, may be do tank full tot ank full at least 3 or 4 times and then take average you would be suprised to see less FE than you mentioned. However I may be wrong LOL, I am just joking Lohith.

OR

May be you drove with light foot and maintained decent speeds. Also since you did big service that resulted in excellant FE. XM+ tyre might have helped to increase FE by 0.5kmpl.

Max. FE I heard from Adventure is 15kmpl. Normal FE is 13+kmpl in highway.

If your beast gives better FE its good welcome move! enjoy tyour ride. Looking forward to meet you sometime and more you love the car, more we can read travelogue from you

Regards,

Ravi.

Last edited by ravibhat : 27th August 2008 at 21:46.
ravibhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2008, 21:47   #54
Senior - BHPian

Congrats the car looks great. So many people have the soft spot on the adventure. Have you gotten your alignment checked, have a look at the camber readings.
1100D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2008, 21:51   #55
Senior - BHPian

ravi sir thanks

About FE am happy that i have got a good one, as i mentioned the driving involved lots of clutch usage because of jams and bad roads...from Hassan to Nelmangala was maintaining above 120 at mant stretches...

Yes am a light food driver, have managed to get good FE from SHogun, Enfield 350 & 500...not Adventure..i the even Akbaree gets very good milage...i think its all about drvivng style...

Yea sure we shall meet soon and hopefully you will lots of travelogue from me
Old 27th August 2008, 21:52   #56
BHPian

Quote:
there is a guy who is responsible for fiats. he is a level headed guy...i think you should try RAC

Sanjay, thanks the cleaning is also done at RAC, it is not a very complex method.... am happy with that job...
GT -> Green Tracks
RAC -> ?? any contact details is highly appreciated...( also the name of the guy incharge of FIAT at RAC)

me also tired of GT , just want to try one more.. otherwise GT has been very kind to me... from front stabilization bar to 100/90 setup, Babu is bit arrogant nowadays...
sanjaymugur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2008, 21:53   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Congrats the car looks great. So many people have the soft spot on the adventure. Have you gotten your alignment checked, have a look at the camber readings.
Thanks

I dont think alignment is done, is their anything specific i need to check in camber reading??
Old 27th August 2008, 21:55   #58
Senior - BHPian

Sanjay you can contact Basavaraj 9845404141, you can ref my name to him...
Old 28th August 2008, 20:20   #59
Senior - BHPian

Update:

The caliper bolt is not available anywhere in Bangalore, when asked Concard and Prerana guys they have asked me to try in JC road:( RAC is trying to get it am hoping that they will find it....

I can say that i wont ever give my car to any of these As guys....but am pretty impressed with Automatrix Mangalore...
Old 28th August 2008, 20:52   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I can say that i wont ever give my car to any of these As guys....but am pretty impressed with Automatrix Mangalore...
Are you saying that you will give servicing only at Automatrix, Mangalore? You will drive all the way to Mangalore for giving for servicing? Just kidding, bro.

Do post the final pics after you complete all the modifications and accessories fitment.
snaronikar is offline   Reply With Quote