Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 20th October 2008, 12:39   #91
Senior - BHPian

Well these are the kind of roads where you would have wanted to experience the pirellis. The best part of the Adventure is on such roads with the Pirellis on. []
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2008, 12:46   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Well these are the kind of roads where you would have wanted to experience the pirellis. The best part of the Adventure is on such roads with the Pirellis on. []
Yes with the XM1+ i was nt very sure if i could get through but did pretty well. am sure with pirellis it would have been a cake walk guess i will start looking for them
lohithrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2008, 15:07   #93
BHPian

Can you tell the difference between pirellis and xm1 . I think there is no drop in mileage after switching to xm1. And also mention about the tyre life .
swathyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2008, 15:13   #94
Senior - BHPian

Swathy XM1+ is a pure hiway tyre, it is supposed to be good for milage and am sure life will be about 35-40k kms.
This tyres will be good for normal use...while Pirellis are meant to be on Adventure am sure life is not good as XM1+ but it is the right match..

Sourcing Pirellis is hard...
Old 20th October 2008, 15:35   #95
BHPian

lohithrao: dont know why the fiat engineers dint think of rats while keeping such a big hole.

You can get a wire mesh grill fixed for this issue. I had the same issue with my car, the service center guy advised me to go for the wire mesh grills, as rubber and plastic tend to come out very easily.

PS: Take the rat Issue very seriously, if they end up chewing the wires you are in for big trouble.

Hellcat.
Hellcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2008, 15:45   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellcat View Post
lohithrao: dont know why the fiat engineers dint think of rats while keeping such a big hole.

You can get a wire mesh grill fixed for this issue. I had the same issue with my car, the service center guy advised me to go for the wire mesh grills, as rubber and plastic tend to come out very easily.

PS: Take the rat Issue very seriously, if they end up chewing the wires you are in for big trouble.

Hellcat.
I agree and a good suggestion on wire mesh, will get it fixed at the earliest.

For now i have put "rat kill" at work...

Thanks Hellcat!
Old 20th October 2008, 21:28   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swathyd View Post
Can you tell the difference between pirellis and xm1 . I think there is no drop in mileage after switching to xm1. And also mention about the tyre life .
Swathy. have you also switched to XM1's?
Old 30th November 2008, 08:23   #98
Senior - BHPian

Hello all am back...

Offlate quiet a few things about my car, got all the belts and bearing changed at concorde..

GO to know that cross rial has to be changed, contemplating if i need to look at gujri before going for the new one.

Ignition coil gave a funny problem, injectors light went on and power dropped but after cleanning and refitting the coil/ and deleting the error car is back to normal...wondering if the issue might pop up back??

Am very dissapointed with RAC, Koramangla. 1 it seems they had not filled 3.8 lrts of engine oil...when i got it checked in concorde it was revealed that almost 1 ltr was less...2. had got the timimg bearing changed at RAC but the one what they had put was a local stuff and am not very sure if it was a good one....got it replaced along other bearings..

Am not getting my car serviced at RAC anymore!
Old 30th November 2008, 09:21   #99
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Congrats the car looks great. So many people have the soft spot on the adventure. Have you gotten your alignment checked, have a look at the camber readings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Thanks

I dont think alignment is done, is their anything specific i need to check in camber reading??
Get your alignment done. Your car pictures before the tyre change reveal higher wear on the inside of the tyres and could be because of too much of negative camber.
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2008, 15:24   #100
Senior - BHPian

Thanks moral fiber, yes looks like their is a immediate need to get the "cross member" changed as i got a bad reading:(

The entire thing could cost me about 10-15k

Also last weekend i met Ananth (Akbaree) his Advy is very crispy and sharp reminded me of my OHC, my Advy feels very resticted am thinking of getting FFE done for it...spoke to Fazal(FRKracing) he said it could cost me about 12+k.

A oil change is due planning to switvh to Syncthetic, guess i need to get all these done in installments as it involves lots of moolah
Old 26th February 2009, 17:19   #101
Senior - BHPian

Default Got the Cross member fixed

Folks got the cross member fixed, got it done by Fazal(FRK) it costed me 9600. he fixed the old one itself along with the lower arms.

The new cross member would itself cost 9500+, need to see how it would work will keep you all updated.
Old 26th February 2009, 21:15   #102
Senior - BHPian

What is the cross member. WHere does it come? How did you know that it had gone bad?
Old 1st March 2009, 20:42   #103
Senior - BHPian

gemi, the previous owner had hit into the median and the cross member had cracked.

The cross member is the one to which the lower arms are fixed.

Due to the crack the member had moved back and the alignment was bad and also it was risky to drive with it.

I must say am impressed with the job, Fazal is a real pro! i will go back to him for other jobs and also will recommend him.

Today got the oil changed to Mobil1 5W-50 now the car revs smoothly...will update on this once i do some kms.

I would recommend "?Speed A Way" Prasad this gentle men delivered the oil, people can buy from this guy.

Concorde Motors Hosur, After experiencing these guys service i feel whhy people compliant about TATA/Fiat service. Vijay, Manu Prasad, Adhi & Naveen do a splendid job!

Vijay is a very helpful and a patient guy, you can easyly get your work done by him...Today being Sunday these guys attended to my car and got all the job done...
Though i stay 20+ kms away i wont my driving here...

Kudos to you guys!!

Fiat if you read this post, you should take care of these guys

Am sure i will just go to Concorde and no where else till these guys give me such service
Old 2nd March 2009, 11:09   #104
Senior - BHPian

Few more updates, I forgot to Thank VJ Marvick for sharing the contact info of Speed A Way... thanks dude TMHP has made many lives simple

Secondly it got confirmed that RAC had filled less oil in the last service and also they dint spot/alert me about the cross member issue which was a serious one... they had the car for about 2 weeks...
Old 24th March 2009, 12:35   #105
Senior - BHPian

Default Mobil Synthetic oil is worth!

Folks have done about 500+kms till now and am pretty happy with the performance... the car revs smoothy and even at idle the car is smooth.

After getting used to a Honda i felt Fiats are not as smooth as an Honda...now i feel Fiats can get as smooth as Honda

I feel whoever purchases a used car needs to have a skilled/relaible mechanic for now am happy with COncorde...

Am planning to get my suspensions checked, getting a thud kind of noise when i get off the speed braker little fast not sure if its normal. the car has done about 56k kms.

Will keep you all updated.