Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2008, 18:12   #151
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: N.A
Posts: 6,834
Thanked: 1,503 Times
Default

Car names are becoming increasingly complex. We used to have the Manufacturer's name followed by the Model and lately the variant.

Now we have Tata Indica Vista Aura Quadrajet or Tata Indica Vista Aqua TDi or Tata Indica Safire Terra.

What a mouthful!
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2008, 18:51   #152
Senior - BHPian
 
k_ajay's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,164
Thanked: 464 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Car names are becoming increasingly complex. We used to have the Manufacturer's name followed by the Model and lately the variant.

Now we have Tata Indica Vista Aura Quadrajet or Tata Indica Vista Aqua TDi or Tata Indica Safire Terra.

What a mouthful!
But within the forum, since almost everyone are aware of new car launches and it's various avatars [they ought to, because it's being made available here and members get easy access to these info], we can just refer to them as Vista Aura Quadra or Vista Terra Safire.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
And I forgot to mention something important on my review below. I was told by the sales representative at Concorde, that the Vista Quadra Aura will be available, if booked now, in 3 weeks.

Last edited by k_ajay : 26th August 2008 at 19:03. Reason: Update on the post regarding delivery period.
k_ajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2008, 19:26   #153
BHPian
 
bhatmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 53
Thanked: 7 Times
Default Gp

Hi All,
Currently I'm staying in Brazil due to some project work and found that Grand Punto is already launched here before few months. Was fortunate to drive that in couple of occasions too. Although I have driven only the petrol variant, I'm sad to say that I did not feel that special about it. It is of a size of Getz and the interior might be a tad better but it is not enough to justify the hipe about the launch in India. Agreed, that it has a different kind of styling, but still I doubt whethere it will be that successful there. In the history we have already seen that premium hatches does not do well in Indian market.

But, from the photos and these first hand experiences, it seems that Indica Vista is going to be a strong competitor of GP if not completely blows it away.

(here in Brazil, what impressed me from the Fiat stable is the Fial stillo. It is a complete sports hatch and look wise is quite enticing too. I'd love to see it in India in near future.)

Regards
-------------
Bhatmaster

2008 - Verna
2005 - Zen Lxi
2000 - Indica pre-V2 (Sold)
bhatmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2008, 20:57   #154
BHPian
 
CtrlAltDel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: HyderaGr8
Posts: 500
Thanked: 24 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by girish.r View Post
Hey CtrlAltDel, as per your TD report you are impressed with the new levels of quality in Vista. So whats the decision on your purchase?
as of now I am sold on Vista i might book one this week or the next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar
Question: What would be the impact of upgrading to 15 inchers on such a car? Would it void the company warranty?
As per the Tata sales guy, the warranty would be void if tyres are upgraded :(

can someone confirm if other cars have this condition too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay
me thinks an addition of K&N filter and a Pete’s box makes the Vista a fantastic highway car
...but void the warranty at the same time
CtrlAltDel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2008, 21:23   #155
Senior - BHPian
 
k_ajay's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,164
Thanked: 464 Times
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhatmaster View Post
Hi All,
Currently I'm staying in Brazil due to some project work and found that Grand Punto is already launched here before few months. Was fortunate to drive that in couple of occasions too. Although I have driven only the petrol variant, I'm sad to say that I did not feel that special about it. It is of a size of Getz and the interior might be a tad better but it is not enough to justify the hipe about the launch in India. Agreed, that it has a different kind of styling, but still I doubt whethere it will be that successful there. In the history we have already seen that premium hatches does not do well in Indian market.

But, from the photos and these first hand experiences, it seems that Indica Vista is going to be a strong competitor of GP if not completely blows it away.

(here in Brazil, what impressed me from the Fiat stable is the Fial stillo. It is a complete sports hatch and look wise is quite enticing too. I'd love to see it in India in near future.)

Regards
-------------
Bhatmaster

2008 - Verna
2005 - Zen Lxi
2000 - Indica pre-V2 (Sold)
Hi Bhat.

Thanks for sharing this info with us. Can you list what the prices for the top end variant of the Multijet 90bhp GP is in Brasil?

Also, if it is possible, can you send some pictures of the GP, interior and exterior?

Thanks.

ak
k_ajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2008, 21:38   #156
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NA
Posts: 769
Thanked: 49 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhatmaster View Post
Hi All,
It is of a size of Getz and the interior might be a tad better but it is not enough to justify the hipe about the launch in India.
If I were to choose Grande Punto over Vista, it would be because of the following:

- slightly bigger car (I'm sure in leg room and boot space because of the dimension).
- 90 bhp, not 75 bhp. It is not just the increase in power, but a few other differences between the two variants of the same cc engines.
- Blue&Me, steering mounted audio controls, etc.
- ABS and Airbags (which Vista will also have later).

Other factors like look, plastic, etc. don't bother me, but rattle and weak chasis bother me. Vista is expected to have improved on the build front. Drivability and handling, we cannot still comment.

In fact, if Fiat launches Grande Punto before Linea, I would buy GP. If Fiat delays the launches of Linea and GP and if Tata launches ABS/Air bag version of Vista soon, I would consider a Vista. Fingers crossed about how the i20 would be. This premium hatch segment is going to be interesting.
opendro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2008, 22:07   #157
BHPian
 
team suzuki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: *****
Posts: 144
Thanked: Once
Default

Just saw in todays TOI Tata is thinking of a new indigo variant and crossover of the safari and sumo for india,safari crossover sounds great for offroaders but will it run in india taking the scorpio getaway for example ,i believe is not doing so well in india,now tata is next to bring a crossover lets see if it does well.
team suzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2008, 22:31   #158
BHPian
 
bhatmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 53
Thanked: 7 Times
Default GP Vs Vista

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
If I were to choose Grande Punto over Vista, it would be because of the following:

- slightly bigger car (I'm sure in leg room and boot space because of the dimension).
- 90 bhp, not 75 bhp. It is not just the increase in power, but a few other differences between the two variants of the same cc engines.
- Blue&Me, steering mounted audio controls, etc.
- ABS and Airbags (which Vista will also have later).

Other factors like look, plastic, etc. don't bother me, but rattle and weak chasis bother me. Vista is expected to have improved on the build front. Drivability and handling, we cannot still comment.

In fact, if Fiat launches Grande Punto before Linea, I would buy GP. If Fiat delays the launches of Linea and GP and if Tata launches ABS/Air bag version of Vista soon, I would consider a Vista. Fingers crossed about how the i20 would be. This premium hatch segment is going to be interesting.
Hi Opendro,

For now, compare it with the version non-ABS /no-airbag (I'm sure GP will have those variants) of GP and which front Vista going to surrender?

-- Is it certain that we are going to have the 90 BHP Qjet instead of 75 BHP which is being labored in Swift? I thought due to bad quality of Indian disel fiat will still stick to 75 output route.

-- From the Dimension from Vista, I don't think that it'll loose out in Leg or shoulder room when compared to GP. (I haven't seen vista, just from the numbers.)

-- As the buid quality of new TATA avatar is vastly improved, we can expect it'll be rattle and squeak free like fiat also.

-- Lastly,the price. For the same QJet1.3, GP is surely going to cost close a lakh more than Vista. So whoever is going shell out that much of extra money just to have Audio controlson steering, little cheecky look etc?

I have no idea about the i20 neither Brazil roads has seen it. So, lets put it out of the discussion for now.

P.S: I'll try to add some pictures of GP, but last time when I drove din't take any. Next time will try to take few snaps.

Also, the prices of Car here in Brazil is way toooooo high due to high rates of taxes ( Only we Indians are not only the victim cheers. So, don't try to draw an Idea from these prices. A basic Fiat Palio 1.2 costs over 6 lakh here.

However, will try to post the prices of GP very soon.

Regards
-------------
Bhatmaster
2008 - Verna VGT
2005 - Zen Lxi
2000 - Indica pre-V2 (Sold)
bhatmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2008, 22:39   #159
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: new delhi
Posts: 167
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

i did not read through the whole thread , but i just booked one vista aqua model for my self today from Him in delhi. the car felt huge and the quality has surely improved from the previous tata products. they gave me a waiting time of 25 days :( . though i found the palio better on the handling but then my family still does not like the palio. anyways hoping to see it soon .
200mph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2008, 23:11   #160
BHPian
 
CtrlAltDel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: HyderaGr8
Posts: 500
Thanked: 24 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 200mph View Post
i did not read through the whole thread , but i just booked one vista aqua model for my self today from Him in delhi.
Quadrajet, TDi or Safire? what was the booking amount they asked for?
CtrlAltDel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2008, 23:29   #161
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: new delhi
Posts: 167
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quadrajet model , even they are taking 5 k amount. though i paid in 50 k
200mph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2008, 23:53   #162
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 197
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhatmaster View Post
Hi All,
...

(here in Brazil, what impressed me from the Fiat stable is the Fial stillo. It is a complete sports hatch and look wise is quite enticing too. I'd love to see it in India in near future.)

Regards
-------------
Bhatmaster

2008 - Verna
2005 - Zen Lxi
2000 - Indica pre-V2 (Sold)
IIRC, the Stilo is more like the Bravo segment, which at least, in India for the near future means 20L+.
I remember reading somewhere that the current Bravo is kind of a replacement for the Stilo.
jagan0677 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2008, 23:53   #163
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 762
Thanked: 518 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyBear View Post
On Road prices costiest in Bangalore
On Road price of Swift (Bimal)
Vxi=5.20
Lxi=4.84

Safire petrol
Terra =4.13
Aqua =4.40
Aura =4.69 L
Wow, in all the excitement about the Quadrajet, we seem to have not noticed how good a deal the Safire is in comparison with the competition. I think this will seriously hurt Getz and Swift Petrol sales, and perhaps i10 as well. And it will probably totally kill the Getz 1.1
chncar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2008, 00:01   #164
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore/Hubli
Posts: 111
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 200mph View Post
Quadrajet model , even they are taking 5 k amount. though i paid in 50 k
wow myaan, you are really going 200mph!!
A first on team-bhp?
girish.r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2008, 00:01   #165
Team-BHP Support
 
Zappo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 5,648
Thanked: 1,997 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
Wow, in all the excitement about the Quadrajet, we seem to have not noticed how good a deal the Safire is in comparison with the competition. I think this will seriously hurt Getz and Swift Petrol sales, and perhaps i10 as well. And it will probably totally kill the Getz 1.1
What are you talking about? The grossly underpowered Safire will pose a threat to Swift petrols and i10s? No ways mate...
Getz 1.1, maybe. But then how many Getz 1.1 do they sell anyways?
Zappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tata Indica xeta versus Tata Vista SAFIRE 65 rohantn Hatchbacks 17 16th November 2011 01:53
Help Required Indica Vista Safire or Indica Vista TDI Logical Hatchbacks 63 30th October 2011 08:57
First official pics: Indica Vista EV CVT, LHD Vista Interior for Euro markets sidindica The Indian Car Scene 30 5th June 2010 21:03
Indica Vista Official Brochure! EDIT: Vista Now Launched sidindica The Indian Car Scene 233 24th August 2008 18:49


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 17:10.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks