Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 29th August 2008, 10:05   #241
BHPian

Well the 0-100 figures are definetely wrong. Whan the 40-80 figures are better then swift, then how come 0-100 are so bad.
Car-Agey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2008, 10:29   #242
Senior - BHPian

Again one of those magazine reviews that look influenced. The quality is just about decent and still not on par with the competition.
extreme_torque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2008, 10:53   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-Agey View Post
Well the 0-100 figures are definetely wrong. Whan the 40-80 figures are better then swift, then how come 0-100 are so bad.
I agree. The 0-100 and mileage figures are real bullsh!t. May be the driver was trying to touch 0-100 in fifth gear alone or second gear alone with a lot of half clutch, thereby drinking more fuel as well. And he does 40-80 in third and fourth gear and it takes so less time. He should know that a car can reach the speed in quickest time by remaining in power band by way of changing the gears in right time. Indica Vista has more power at lower rpms and same max power (75bhp) at 4000rpm, which means more power band. Assuming gear ratios are not that bad in Vista and considering the similarity in weight, there is no way Swift can be so quicker than Vista in 0-100 (theoretically). Ah! The mileage in city! Impossible for Vista quadrajet.
opendro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2008, 11:04   #244
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekswarup View Post
OT: Rear door.

However, the later UNO had a 1.2 MPFI FIRE unit delivering 55 bhp.
IIRC, the UNO Trend and the Palio 1.2 shared the same 1242 cc engine. The Uno Trend had Single Point Fuel Injection while the Palio had MPFI. The Uno engine put out 63 PS @ 5750 rpm / 92 Nm @ 3250 rpm while the Palio unit put out 72 PS @ 6000 rpm / 102 Nm @ 3250 rpm. The Uno Trend was a hoot to drive with the A/C off.
hrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2008, 11:12   #245
Senior - BHPian

check out the indica vista ad:

himanshugoswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2008, 11:22   #246
Team-BHP Support

0-100 in 21s. Looks like they copy pasted figures of the old 53BHP diesel. I won't go by the reviews of B-Grade sites.
The Turbo(non QJT) had 0-100 of 15s, verified by various auto mags.
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2008, 11:39   #247
Senior - BHPian

Zigwheels? what is that?

I am waiting for the TD reports by AutoCar and BS Motoring!
finneyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2008, 12:13   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
IIRC, the UNO Trend and the Palio 1.2 shared the same 1242 cc engine. The Uno Trend had Single Point Fuel Injection while the Palio had MPFI. The Uno engine put out 63 PS @ 5750 rpm / 92 Nm @ 3250 rpm while the Palio unit put out 72 PS @ 6000 rpm / 102 Nm @ 3250 rpm. The Uno Trend was a hoot to drive with the A/C off.
Well Uno was also doing well that time, was selling like hot cake... for that time, engine and build quality was excellent.
madhokritesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2008, 12:44   #249
Team-BHP Support

Actually, ZigWheels is TOI's entry into the motoring world. And if I am not off the mark its headed by Adil Jal Darukhanwala.
Zappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2008, 13:06   #250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Actually, ZigWheels is TOI's entry into the motoring world. And if I am not off the mark its headed by Adil Jal Darukhanwala.
You are absolutely correct and the review looks biased and influenced.
extreme_torque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2008, 14:07   #251
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone came around any good solid review which is unbiased and based on facts?
harry10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2008, 15:33   #252
BHPian

I visited A-1 Motors Canaught Place and saw the Vista in flesh, the demo car was not available at that time and I didn't have time to wait for the TD.

The Newly renovated showroom looked very neat and very nice. It was well lit and looked bright, way better then what it was during my last visit. I was welcomed by 5 beauties. Three women a Vista Quadrajet Aura in Solar Orange colour and a white FIAT 500.

I was shown the car by one of the ladies. The moment she started speaking I was disappointed. She started by saying that "Sir this is bigger car then the earlier Indica, has bigger wheels and tubeless tyres". Then she went on to tell other differnces like a new suspension, more space etc. Never did she tell me that it is a new car. I was really disappointed with such a marketing strategy.

Coming back to the car, it is imposing from the front. Looks really big from both inside and out. builed quality is way above the other TATA cars. seats are very comfortable and the central console looks very nice. I tried looking at the console many times and realized there was no distraction what so ever (went out and sat in one of the indicas and tried the same and found it to be more distracting). But need to see it while driving before the final verdict. The tyres sure need upgrade and so does the HU. Plastic quality is much improved and the dual tone interiors look very nice.

I was impressed with the TATAs effort. But one look at the FIAT 500 standing next to it and I realised TATAs still have a long way to go. (i know quality comes at a price but still....)

Old 29th August 2008, 16:55   #253
BHPian

Five beauties not three. It isn’t a review either. Just a few observations which have already been repeated several times earlier in this thread. The only significant point was the marketing strategy which can work only with existing indica owners and will definitely put off a new buyer. There was another prospective customer who went back after listening to the difference between the old and new Indica and the price difference between the two even without stepping into the car.

They definitely need to change it if they want to attract new customers.

Last edited by Car-Agey : 29th August 2008 at 16:58.
Old 29th August 2008, 17:24   #254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-Agey View Post
Five beauties not three. It isnít a review either. Just a few observations which have already been repeated several times earlier in this thread. The only significant point was the marketing strategy which can work only with existing indica owners and will definitely put off a new buyer. There was another prospective customer who went back after listening to the difference between the old and new Indica and the price difference between the two even without stepping into the car.

They definitely need to change it if they want to attract new customers.
A point well made Sir. I noticed the same when i went to tayal motors in Faridabad to check the car and was kinda disappointed the way the tata people are projecting it. IMO the car looks really new from every aspect so why still brand it as a facelift of INDICA is out of my theory
harry10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2008, 18:45   #255
Senior - BHPian

I have been following this thread from its inception, and the car is growing on me day by day, as and when the TD experiences flow in. Have not had a chance to go and check it out by myself. The car looks really good in the pictures and looks well finished as well.Hoping to check it out in flesh real soon!!
abhinav.s is offline   Reply With Quote