Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 2nd September 2008, 15:13   #316
BANNED

Default Indica Vista test drive report & photo gallary from Zigwheels

Another Detailed Indica Vista test drive by Zigwheels.

New Cars, Used Cars, Buy Car, Auto News, Auto Reviews - Zigwheels.com

Click-enlarge Slide show Photo gallary of Indica Vista by Zig wheels

New Cars, Used Cars, Buy Car, Auto News, Auto Reviews - Zigwheels.com

enjoy reading report and viewing new images of Indica Vista
harimakesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2008, 15:46   #317
BHPian

Same way I have experienced in Fabia! buy yes, the price difference between Vista & Fabia is HUGE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
I had experienced the best door closing only in BMW 7 series where you just leave it a feet back and it closes itself with a slight thud.
ajnagpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2008, 15:46   #318
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
I've had a great experience UNTIL my last service where they seem to have screwed up BIG time.
OT: What did they screw up - are you updating it on your thread?
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2008, 16:00   #319
BHPian

has anyone test-driven the petrol vista? the SAFIRE engine sounds promising!
cyclops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2008, 16:31   #320
BHPian

Zigwheels.com claims 21.5 sec to the 100 on the Quadrajet engine . Or is there some typo? this timing has to be for the 65 ps petrol engine and not the quadjet come one it cant be more than 7 sec slower than the Swift DDiS??
anarchist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2008, 16:33   #321
Team-BHP Support

I doubt zigwheels have tested this vehicle. This timing is for the old non turbo indica.
The turbo itself does it in 15 odd seconds, and Vista does 0-100 in approx 16 seconds
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2008, 17:06   #322
BANNED

Quote:
I doubt zigwheels have tested this vehicle. This timing is for the old non turbo indica.
The extensive slide show- picture gallary of Indica vista provided by zigwheels stands supportive of their test drive.

May be the 0-100kms time figure could be typo errors!

I liked the photo angles of interior and exteriors of Indica vista posted by zigwheels
harimakesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2008, 19:32   #323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Beast View Post
When asked to a saleseman he replied back with Indica Vista body is of 1.1 MM metal and for Palio its 1.9/1.8 MM Metal.
Ambassador may have better than this, though not sure about the MM. As per AutoCar magazine review, Tata's used Latest technology hight strength steel to resist dents. AutoCar also said 0 to 100 Vista is 2 sec slower, but it narrows down when they race to reach 120Kmph .

As per BS motoring review

"The carmaker is especially proud of the fact that the Vista uses high strength steel panels which improves body torsional and bending stiffness, while also incorporating tailor-welded blanks in its construction now this keeps the car's weight low without compromising on safety and body rigidity"

I could not imagine, what would be the weight of the car, if Tata's used the same steel used in Indica

Top Story - Hasta la Vista - Business Standard Motoring
TeddyBear is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2008, 19:42   #324
BHPian

This sunday I had taken test ride of Vista QuadraJet, I had ridden it in city, though I was able to reach 80 KMPH in no time. I tried at low speed and higher gear - 40 KMPH in 5th gear and was amazed, no vibration at all. Same thing I tried in Palio Multijet and the vibration was very loud.
pawan_pullarwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2008, 23:00   #325
BHPian

i test drove the vista aura today.took it for a 15kms spin in highway.
my observation-the engine is very loud and it is no where near swift.in fact i was wondering whether i was in the correct test drive car or was there a problem in the car. guys please tell me is this the same engine that is found in swift.
the interiors are a pleasant.
the rear leg room is impressive.
the odometer is well placed.
the ICE is lacking in bass and it looks very cheap.
i would rate it well below swift.
drbabuanand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2008, 23:00   #326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kmiles View Post
Everything below is straight from Aitocar. All reviewers stand vindicated on this forum. Do send me specific questions but this is a WINNER all the way.
Sshh...dont you know that Autocar is biased? Basically anybody who does not look down on Indian car companies or trash Tata is obviously biased. Earlier most of the intial test drives were positive but people said that it could not be true and proper magazines had to review them for them to believe. Then even TOI had a positive review of the Indica and it was promptly put down to bias.

BTW, your post count is pretty low...how can we not be sure that you are not a Tata/Fiat marketing and PR guy? It was claimed that a bunch of them were on the forum drumming up positive image for the Indica...

/sarcasm off
chncar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2008, 09:17   #327
BHPian

I just joined the forum, after I landed in India 3 weeks back. Please do not waste time of forum members with such posts.

Am not TATA/FIAT marketing PR guy but:
1. definitely an avid reader of auto mags and articles, whatever life permits. Read Car&Driver, Businessweek Auto, bsmotoring(online content only), autocar india (occasionally).
2. proud of Vista as Indian. So proud that I might ignore some shortcomings of this car when I will buy it in Dec/Jan timeframe. Such products, Nano & Vista, is what we need. It shows, in my opinion, that we are capable of competing with the best. Now someone might say that it is FIAT engine and drivetrain. So what? This is age of collaboration in businesses and I am sure Fiat needed TATA more than the other way around. IT IS SHOCKING THAT FOR EVERY INDIAN SUCCESS, OUR FIRST THOUGHTS ARE OF BIAS, FRAUD OR JUST PLAIN GOOD LUCK BUT WHEN SOMEONE APPRECIATES FIAT, SKODA - THOSE ARE WONDERFUL PRODUCTS. So much for national pride and more importantly, RATIONAL THINKING.
3. Even if I am dumping +ive feedback, how come everyone is synonymous on the positives of the car: bsmotoring, autocar india, zigwheels, this forum, ************* forums and everywhere else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post

BTW, your post count is pretty low...how can we not be sure that you are not a Tata/Fiat marketing and PR guy? It was claimed that a bunch of them were on the forum drumming up positive image for the Indica...

/sarcasm off
5kmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2008, 10:23   #328
Senior - BHPian

5kmiles - chill bro, chncar's post was aimed at others who had made such observations (do go back a few posts in the same thread to find out) and not at you.
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2008, 11:48   #329
BHPian

i have booked a Vista Quadrajet Aura yesterday at Autofin, Secunderabad.

Booking amount was 25K and I am opting for a 36 month financing with Axis Bank (EMI around 13600/-. for 60 month its around 9500/-) with a down payment of 157000, taken from the sale proceeds of my 5 year old V2 DLS.

Delivery is expected earliest by 10th or 11th (next week) and latest by 18th.

waiting eagerly for the D-Day
CtrlAltDel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2008, 12:12   #330
Senior - BHPian

well done!
hope it gives you great pleasure and safe driving
do please post the current cost breakup in Hyderabad for the Aura.
And one thing - just sit in it for a bit and share your feedback on under thigh support - front seats and back seats both.
cheerio

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
i have booked a Vista Quadrajet Aura yesterday at Autofin, Secunderabad.

Booking amount was 25K and I am opting for a 36 month financing with Axis Bank (EMI around 13600/-. for 60 month its around 9500/-) with a down payment of 157000, taken from the sale proceeds of my 5 year old V2 DLS.

Delivery is expected earliest by 10th or 11th (next week) and latest by 18th.

waiting eagerly for the D-Day
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote