Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 11th September 2008, 20:57   #436
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
I have 99% decided on the Vista Aura Quadrajet, but might wait till end of October to see if any other hatch launches under the 6L price tag.

OT: I dont think there are any diesel hatchbacks to be launched before Oct.
Fiat Punto will be launced only after Dec. Mostly Jan- Feb.
karanraheja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2008, 09:37   #437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhga View Post
For Tata to keep taxi guys out of Vista market, all they have to do is to continue keeping the cheaper Tata Indica V2 in production and maintain the price differential. That's it!
Agree with you completely...
Trapezio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2008, 09:41   #438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
OT: I dont think there are any diesel hatchbacks to be launched before Oct.
Fiat Punto will be launced only after Dec. Mostly Jan- Feb.
Again off-topic. But Hyundai might surprise us with diesel hatches in October or November.
opendro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2008, 10:07   #439
Distinguished - BHPian

Oct & Nov has a different line-up from Hyundai - diesels are excluded. One is a variant of the Accent.

Like Ajay, the Vista Aura QJ is on my short-list. Had checked the Getz 1.1 GVS, but that's less endowed than it's smaller sibling, the i10 Kappa.

Hope something comes up soon from the competition. It's the festive season, too.

Last edited by condor : 12th September 2008 at 10:18.
condor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2008, 10:10   #440
Senior - BHPian

Just saw in the sales figures thread that the Indica volume has actually declined vowing to the launch of vista. I feel its a good sign. It shows that people are wanting for better car from TATA and will surely appreciate the efforts. Great.
Yes, I too agree that if Indica is kept with similar price diff, it will be attracting taxi operators.
mjothi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2008, 13:13   #441
Senior - BHPian

A bit off topic - Which cars are getting launched near diwali, the one i know is Nano. Any other?
harry10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2008, 13:18   #442
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
Again off-topic. But Hyundai might surprise us with diesel hatches in October or November.
Sorry Mods Off Topic again : For your info i10 crdi will come around Jan- Feb. I dont see launch before that since i20 will be launched in Nov.

Finally coming back to Vista- quite surprised only few bhpians have booked Vista. Is it that they waiting for other launches before booking Vista??

Last edited by karanraheja : 12th September 2008 at 13:26. Reason: Typo Error
karanraheja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2008, 14:04   #443
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry Mods Off Topic again : For your info i10 crdi will come around Jan- Feb. I dont see launch before that since i20 will be launched in Nov.

Finally coming back to Vista- quite surprised only few bhpians have booked Vista. Is it that they waiting for other launches before booking Vista??
IMO most people are waiting for either the ABS model (like me) or the discounts they can avail on diwali festive season (like me again) .
harry10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2008, 14:46   #444
Senior - BHPian

I dont quite agree with the ride quality being better than the Palio in the carwale review. Palio still has the competition trumped when it comes to ride quality and even the build.
extreme_torque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2008, 14:50   #445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
I dont quite agree with the ride quality being better than the Palio in the carwale review. Palio still has the competition trumped when it comes to ride quality and even the build.
The ride quality is definitely better. It's more on the softer side which is best suited for city driving.

The Palio has a stiffer suspension which improves handling but the bumps do filter in especially at the back. It's a driver's car.
Palio_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2008, 15:31   #446
BHPian

Quote:
I was actually refering to :: AUTOCAR INDIA - CAR AND BIKE MAGAZINE :: when I wrote that.
opendro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2008, 17:11   #447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
I was actually refering to :: AUTOCAR INDIA - CAR AND BIKE MAGAZINE :: when I wrote that.

If Hyundai's i10 kappa and Getz CRDI pricing is anything to go by, the diesel versions of both i10 and i20 will be badly overpriced. Vista and Palio will probably the only practical choices for the diesel hatch buyers on a tight budget.
chncar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2008, 17:31   #448
BHPian

FOR THE ONES LOOKING AT SAFFIRE VERSION like me

Fiat Grande Punto 1.2-Litre 8v : A GRANDE IN THE HAND - Yahoo! Cars UK

Check out the details in the article on SAfire 1.2L 8V 65 bhp unit.

GP it powered was 1015 kg, abt 50kg less than Vista. But is mentioned as adequate performer all around except for pure highway.

0-60 mph (96 kph is 14 secs) which is ok for most usage.

Fuel eff of 46.3mpg...(~18-19 kmpl) on GP is impressive as well. Expect atleast 14 in our conditions, moreso with the skinny tires.
5kmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2008, 19:44   #449
Senior - BHPian

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
IMO most people are waiting for either the ABS model (like me) or the discounts they can avail on diwali festive season (like me again) .
Harry, I too wish Vista would come out with ABS by November [so i can buy that variant] but several sources on this forum and reputed magazines have confirmed that Tata won't be doing that until Vista get's exported, in around 6 months. Pretty unfortunate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Oct & Nov has a different line-up from Hyundai - diesels are excluded. One is a variant of the Accent.

Like Ajay, the Vista Aura QJ is on my short-list. Had checked the Getz 1.1 GVS, but that's less endowed than it's smaller sibling, the i10 Kappa.

Hope something comes up soon from the competition. It's the festive season, too.
Right, Condor. I am also waiting for the festive season to see if any offers [whatever minimal] are thrown in with the Vista Quadrajet Aura. And also to see what other hatchbacks are arriving by beginning of November.

Only thing that worries me now, is that by then, the waiting period does not increase like what has happened for Swift Diesel.

If no other hatchbacks are launched by Diwali, count me in for a Cavern Grey Vista Aura Quadrajet.. No more waiting

Last edited by k_ajay : 12th September 2008 at 19:47. Reason: adding more information.
k_ajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2008, 13:15   #450
BHPian

any idea why is there delay in delivery of vista ?
bullboy is offline   Reply With Quote