Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 13th September 2008, 14:15   #451
Senior - BHPian

Finally managed to TD a black quadrajet Aura at BU Bhandari, Pune. Having experienced the Indixx range for 8 years now (both cars petrol),I wasnt expecting much from this except a spacious comfortable car. But frankly, I was totally blown off by the experience!

Pros (nothing new in them) :
- Fantastic engine refinement. The gearbox could very well have been from a Japanese or a Korean car.
- Excellent ride quality.
- Spacious!! It feels even more airy and spacious than our Indigo. Had gone with a friend, and I sat behind him (Hes 6') without any problem at all. I found it hard to climb in and out of his Accent while coming back. The comfortable rear seat with good AC feels great.
- Driving position much much better than any of the previous Indixx series.
- Even the doors close with a much refined feel to it than any previous model.

Cons :
- Cant really think of any. I am really impressed with the amount of improvement TATA's have brought about.
The sound quality from the integrated HU could have been a bit better though. But thats just nitpicking, and shouldnt deter anyone from getting the car.

The OTR cost of the Aura was 5.43L, in Pune. Deliveries have started, and the waiting period is 1.5 Months for the Quadrajet. No TDi or Saffire cars were present for TDs.
sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2008, 15:06   #452
Team-BHP Support

Those in hyderabad and planning to go for a TD to Autofin please go to their Paradise showroom. The TD car at the main showroom at Medchal has been sold as of now and no TD is available there. My friend went for a TD today but he could not get one. As per them they have some 89 bookings but got only 17 cars. Someone was in such a hurry that he paid a premium and drove off in the TD car!
Zappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2008, 23:15   #453
BHPian

i might get my Quadrajet in 10 days...fingers crossed!
CtrlAltDel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2008, 23:51   #454
BHPian

Great car!

If only they had used a fraction of the extra cabin space they had created to increase the luggage space (with rear seats up).

Might seem like nit picking, but when the big hatches Jazz, et al. get launched you'll find how much these manufacturers take pride in the fact that they are able to provide more space for passengers and their luggage alike - in a hatch.

Last edited by CBlazer : 13th September 2008 at 23:53.
CBlazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2008, 00:03   #455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBlazer View Post
Great car!

If only they had used a fraction of the extra cabin space they had created to increase the luggage space (with rear seats up).

Might seem like nit picking, but when the big hatches Jazz, et al. get launched you'll find how much these manufacturers take pride in the fact that they are able to provide more space for passengers and their luggage alike - in a hatch.
yup Jazz will be more space...but to my mind it will be a higher price too.
given the price at which Vista is offered and from review of members here it looks like a great buy. just if they could add a ABS and airbag too
METISWHG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2008, 10:50   #456
Senior - BHPian

Well, The Jazz and the other big hatches will not be a competition to the Indica Vista. So far we have all got impressions about th Vista Quadrajet. I however believe that the petrol Safire and the TDI will also pull in decent numbers especially with the lower priced variants. A petrol Vista will be good buy for some one who does less than 1000 km a month and does not go outside the city regularly.

Moreover, I would like to know how improved the new TDI 1.4 actually is?
rajneeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2008, 11:12   #457
Distinguished - BHPian

Went to the showroom yesterday to check outs Vista, The TD vehicle was not available so just sat in it checked out the car. The car is Roomy & if some one is not too finicky about the plastics its a clear winner with amazing space inside.
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2008, 12:04   #458
Distinguished - BHPian

techno saar, there's a variable called service
phamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2008, 14:04   #459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by METISWHG View Post
yup Jazz will be more space...but to my mind it will be a higher price too.
given the price at which Vista is offered and from review of members here it looks like a great buy. just if they could add a ABS and airbag too
Jazz will never reach Vista's price... One reason is the high import content unlike Tata and Maruti..
Trapezio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2008, 19:47   #460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
i might get my Quadrajet in 10 days...fingers crossed!
Saw a Red Vista with proper Registration Number today in Trivandrum. So the deliveries have started in Trivandrum. Cant wait to read the review from CtrlAltDel, once he gets his Qaudrajet. That will be the first proper review for Team-BHPians,even though we have read reviews from various magazines and sites. It always feels better when it comes from our own team.
raj84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2008, 20:42   #461
Senior - BHPian

Went to Dhingra motors, Gurgaon for a TD today.

My experience:-

Entered the showroom and was greeted by a saleswoman. I said want a test drive of new Indica. She asked if i have talked to anybody on phone? (She meant have i taken prior appointment?). I said yes, but don't remember the name. There was a Red demo car inside the showroom. So just went to have a feel of the car, till they get the TD car ready.
- The interiors are a great improvement over the old Indica.
- The doors close with a thud, but not as reassuring™ as Palio's.
- Quality of plastics is so much better than the older model.
- Stock music player has OK SQ.
- I am 5,11. Seating upright in the rear makes my head touch the roof. Just about. Not good. :(
- Rear leg room is good. Oodles of space!

Now the TD part. Was greeted with a Blue coloured(dont know the exact colour name) Demo car for the TD. Funny they have two TD cars, both Aura Qudrajet. According to the salesmen, Petrol Saffire is not yet available at their showroom.

Habituated to petrol cars, turned the keys to start the engine for a fraction of a second, and... nothing happened. Salesman told me to hold the key a little longer. I did, and the beast woke up.

The idle clatter is well maintained. In league of Swift DDiS. But not better. Atleast i did not find the N part of NVH better than Swift/Dzire, at idle. Even when moving, it was as good as Swift. Not better. The salesman kept bragging about low Vibrations, TATA-Fiat joint venture Quadrajet..bla bla bla.

Clutch is surprisingly light. Gearshift is good, if not better, than the Swift! Gone is the stuck in the mud feeling of old Indica. The steering is lighter than the old Indica, and very maneuverable.

Car pulled cleanly without any fuss. Just to check the torque, i pulled the car at 3rd from 20kmph. Floored the pedal, to feel if the Turbo surge at 2000rpm is available. Yes it was, but a bit muted, compared to the Swift. A definite pull is there at around 2000rpm, but not as exploding as the Swift.

Went over potholes, and ride quality is great! Much much better than any small car i have driven so far, barring Palio 1.2.

All in all, a job well done TATA. If only the service and reliability factor improves, its a great buy over the tiny little Swift.

Here is the price list in Gurgaon:-
Attached Thumbnails
The New Tata Indica Vista Thread-dhingra.jpg  

Last edited by DCEite : 14th September 2008 at 20:59.
DCEite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2008, 22:34   #462
Distinguished - BHPian

That said, should you buy this - please consider Autolinks near Sheetla Mata mandir. Quite a decent setup and a knowledgeable gent as GM!

Everyone can rejoice that the taxi column is N/A so no taxi sales (for now atleast!)
phamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2008, 14:45   #463
BHPian

Lightbulb Our Experience - Vista Qjet

I have read so many experiences from Team-BHP members so far but didnít anybody feel that the accelerator pedal is too light? & after you press almost half of it then the car actually seems to be accelerating?

This is my & fellow T-BHPian ThrottleKingís observation. In fact to cross check we went to test drive 2nd time at a different dealership. But itís the same experience.
ajnagpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2008, 14:51   #464
Distinguished - BHPian

Have you ever driven a turbo car before? I believe you are experiencing a Turbo Lag which is expected
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2008, 14:56   #465
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajnagpur View Post
I have read so many experiences from Team-BHP members so far but didn’t anybody feel that the accelerator pedal is too light? & after you press almost half of it then the car actually seems to be accelerating?

This is my & fellow T-BHPian ThrottleKing’s observation. In fact to cross check we went to test drive 2nd time at a different dealership. But it’s the same experience.
Yup, i felt exactly the same.
@Technocrat, No he is not talking about the Turbo lag. The accelerator Pedal is too light. You just give it a slight touch, and it goes almost half way down .

Last edited by DCEite : 15th September 2008 at 14:58.
DCEite is offline   Reply With Quote