Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 21st November 2008, 22:54   #556
BHPian

Default Vista power steering issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by donzerus View Post
Autocar says that there are production issues with the Vista power steering and deliveries are getting affected due to that.
A reputed used car dealer in Pune today tells me that Vista has some problem with steering and his friend suffered it in his (obviously) new Vista. Was covered under warrenty. He also claims some Vistas being called back. I am not sure of what he said. Will talk to my friends in Tata Motors tomorrow.

Teddybear: Noise level of Vista TDi is same that of Indigo TDi. But vibrations have died.
Bouncer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2008, 00:19   #557
Senior - BHPian

Default Power Steering Issues?

Well, after reading Bounder's post I googled whether there were indeed any instances of the Vista having trouble with it's power steering. The only place where I actually found a mention was the Carwale blog.

To me it seems strange, just because the Indica VIsta underwent extensive testing. Had this been a different problem or with a part not easily tested I would have believed it; but the steering system of the car would definitely be rigorously tested and design issues sorted out. Also Ctrl Atl Del's Vista seems to be running just fine.

Bouncer, please come to the rescue again,; get that info. ASAP with as much detail as possible
Amartya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2008, 12:01   #558
BHPian

Default Problem was there, but now solved.

Just spoke to a friend, a senior engineer working in transmission section of Tata Motors regarding Vista steering issue. Here is what he said -

On steering:
Vista had a problem with power stering. Specifically with the pump. It was detected early in the test drive/demo cars sent out to dealers across the country. Tata received feedback of this problem from dealers. Acting on the same, Tata had halted the Vista production line for one week to rectify this. Now there is no problem with power steering and the pump.

On gearbox:
TDi has a Tata box but a cable operated one. (Thats why no vibrations on the stick). Qjet has a Fiat box. Qjet gearbox ratios are fixed keeping city driving in mind and might just affect highway fuel consumption.

On a personal note he also tells me to go for Vista TDi as a VFM car.

Disclaimer: This is no way any official statement from Tata and should not be considered to be one. Just a friendly conversation with a person who works with Tata.
Bouncer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2008, 06:17   #559
BHPian

Is there any news on the version with ABS and Airbags coming in. Is it expected in Feb or will it be still late. In this time of recession will TATA bring out such a version. I have booked but can wait till Feb if it is almost sure that the ABS and Airbags version will come in Feb. Please enlighten
Baburajs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2008, 11:52   #560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
Just spoke to a friend, a senior engineer working in transmission section of Tata Motors regarding Vista steering issue. Here is what he said -

On steering:
Vista had a problem with power stering. Specifically with the pump. It was detected early in the test drive/demo cars sent out to dealers across the country. Tata received feedback of this problem from dealers. Acting on the same, Tata had halted the Vista production line for one week to rectify this. Now there is no problem with power steering and the pump.

On gearbox:
TDi has a Tata box but a cable operated one. (Thats why no vibrations on the stick). Qjet has a Fiat box. Qjet gearbox ratios are fixed keeping city driving in mind and might just affect highway fuel consumption.

On a personal note he also tells me to go for Vista TDi as a VFM car.

Disclaimer: This is no way any official statement from Tata and should not be considered to be one. Just a friendly conversation with a person who works with Tata.
My Indica Vista was the first car delivered in Hyd from Malik cars ( took the delivery on 28th Aug, 08). Though I did not faced any problem, but I received a call from Tata Motors service center saying there is a problem with the power sttering pipe in the initial lot and it has to be replaced as they received a modified part to avoid any major problems in future, and got the power steering pipe replaced.
sridak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2008, 12:17   #561
BHPian

Default Indica Vista Saffire Test Drive

Had any body tested the saffire engine? I am looking forward to buy one. Please let me know how is this engine?

Thanks & Regards
Subbu
subbusos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2008, 14:25   #562
BHPian

Hi Guys
Any idea about the FE of India Vista Quadrajet?
My friend has booked one and is interested in knowing about the FE.

Thanks
zoom_vroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2008, 17:42   #563
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom_vroom View Post
Hi Guys
Any idea about the FE of India Vista Quadrajet?
My friend has booked one and is interested in knowing about the FE.

Thanks
there is a thread for that

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-f-e-test.html
CtrlAltDel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2008, 18:58   #564
BHPian

Post TD of Safire 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbusos View Post
Had any body tested the saffire engine? I am looking forward to buy one. Please let me know how is this engine?

Thanks & Regards
Subbu
Hi Subbu,

I TD a Vista Safire 1.2 from my frd.

Disclaimer: This feedback is in view after driving my Palio 1.6 and not comparing!

Interiors are same as discussed in Vista QJD TD reports.

I'll speak from my driving experience!

Engines starts smoothly. Noise level was just like a typical FIAT, quiet (it has FIAT's 1.2 engine).

Put my hands on the Gear, its shaky up and down. Not sure if its globally or specific to his car. Slot it in 1st gear, picks up gradually.

Pushed it to 2nd gear, damn the car didnt felt its picking up. I had to push my feet deep down on the Acceleration pedal to push the car and then life came out of it!

Acceleration pedal was like makkhan(butter) same like Vista QJD. I just never felt like I've put my foot

Brakes didnt appearedd confident. Pretty hard.

The overall drive was smooth, comfort and so the handling but found to be bit sluggish in pickups!

We were 3 and half in the car!

Cheers~
rudrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2008, 05:19   #565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudrah View Post
Hi Subbu,

I TD a Vista Safire 1.2 from my frd.

Disclaimer: This feedback is in view after driving my Palio 1.6 and not comparing!

Interiors are same as discussed in Vista QJD TD reports.

I'll speak from my driving experience!

Engines starts smoothly. Noise level was just like a typical FIAT, quiet (it has FIAT's 1.2 engine).

Put my hands on the Gear, its shaky up and down. Not sure if its globally or specific to his car. Slot it in 1st gear, picks up gradually.

Pushed it to 2nd gear, damn the car didnt felt its picking up. I had to push my feet deep down on the Acceleration pedal to push the car and then life came out of it!

Acceleration pedal was like makkhan(butter) same like Vista QJD. I just never felt like I've put my foot

Brakes didnt appearedd confident. Pretty hard.

The overall drive was smooth, comfort and so the handling but found to be bit sluggish in pickups!

We were 3 and half in the car!

Cheers~

Thanks, Rudrah. Hmm... Looks like underpowered and hence it might affect the mileage (we would eventually try to push hard to compensate for the sluggishness). My primary requirements are mileage, mileage, mileage, space, build and so on. Hence, let me look at i10 Kappa.

Thanks & Regards
Subbu
Old 25th November 2008, 09:23   #566
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, Rudrah. Hmm... Looks like underpowered and hence it might affect the mileage (we would eventually try to push hard to compensate for the sluggishness). My primary requirements are mileage, mileage, mileage, space, build and so on. Hence, let me look at i10 Kappa.

Thanks & Regards
Subbu
if u want only a petrol car, IMO there is no hatchback that gives mileage + space abundantly. if u think diesel, u have Vista and Palio that satisfy all your requirements and throw in effortless driving as well.
CtrlAltDel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2008, 10:23   #567
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
if u want only a petrol car, IMO there is no hatchback that gives mileage + space abundantly. if u think diesel, u have Vista and Palio that satisfy all your requirements and throw in effortless driving as well.
Obviously you are right, but my requirements (500-600kms/month) doesn't warrant a diesel. Hope I am making sense. It would take years and years to recover the premium which I need to pay on diesels.

Hence, only petrol cars for me... Will most probably finalize i10 Sportz though I may miss some space.

Thanks & Regards
Subbu
Old 25th November 2008, 11:37   #568
BHPian

Quote:
Obviously you are right, but my requirements (500-600kms/month) doesn't warrant a diesel. Hope I am making sense. It would take years and years to recover the premium which I need to pay on diesels.

Hence, only petrol cars for me... Will most probably finalize i10 Sportz though I may miss some space.

Thanks & Regards
Subbu
Subbu, I strongly suggest you do a TD of Vista Safire and i10 and decide on your requirements which should help you!

Remember my views were after driving my Palio 1.6, 100 BHP engine hence its bound for me to feel sluggish anyways!

People's views here can defer from your own Test Drive experience!

Who knows after a TD of Safire, you might love the space, features and comfort it provides you than the i10

For space and mileage, you can even TD a Palio Stile 1.1 It has got good feedbacks on mileage numbers!

There are compromises in every car and so you won't find everything and anything you want it in a car!

Cheers~

Last edited by rudrah : 25th November 2008 at 11:41.
rudrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2008, 11:57   #569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudrah View Post
Subbu, I strongly suggest you do a TD of Vista Safire and i10 and decide on your requirements which should help you!

Remember my views were after driving my Palio 1.6, 100 BHP engine hence its bound for me to feel sluggish anyways!

People's views here can defer from your own Test Drive experience!

Who knows after a TD of Safire, you might love the space, features and comfort it provides you than the i10

For space and mileage, you can even TD a Palio Stile 1.1 It has got good feedbacks on mileage numbers!

There are compromises in every car and so you won't find everything and anything you want it in a car!

Cheers~
Hi Rudrah,

Yes, I wanted to test drive the Saffire, but what stopped from doing so is its power to weight ratio and also resale value is also a concern.

Palio 1.6 - though I like the car very much, but it does not fit to my requirements. Personal likings are different from the practical needs. I like to have the power under my hood, but I need compromise on other factors like mileage, hence decided against it.

Palio 1.1 - Again, drove it and found it sluggish. So decided against this too.

i10 kappa - waiting for the test drive... but I like the interiors it offers. So will take the decision based on that. Wifey 100% Yes Yes to i10 sportz.

Thanks & Regards
Subbu
Old 25th November 2008, 19:55   #570
BHPian

what is the price difference between i10 Kappa sports and Vista Quadrajet? I am sure you will definitely have more savings in 2 years.
sridak is offline   Reply With Quote