Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 26th November 2008, 15:20   #586
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
How is it a false perception that Tata cars are mostly used as cabs. You ask any tom, dick and harry anywhere. They will tell u the same thing! Nowdays we say "call an indica" (instead of call a cab!). At all crossings here in Noida I see all the time people running towards indicas for a ride (passengers)!
We've been through this debate, not once, but twice, and in both cases, the people were from Delhi /NCR. what happens there does not necessarily mean the same for the rest of india. It certainly doesnt happen where i live

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...tml#post995082 (Indica Vista MJD vs Palio MJD vs Swift DDiS)

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...tml#post948584
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2008, 15:21   #587
BHPian

Quote:
.......... ......... ..........
Disclaimer: I have a Maruti car (Alto Lxi) and I also have a very pleasant 3 years of ownership experience of the car.
That's not a "Disclaimer". That's Disclosure.
Bouncer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2008, 15:34   #588
Senior - BHPian

@CAD - Totally stand by your comments. Its a very big misconception regarding Tata. Yes there were issues with the A.S.S sometime back but over the years tata has improved a lot. Am using an Indigo since 2006 and no issues with the service till date.
@Joslicx - I would disagree,like you stay in the NCR i too am from NCR itself and till date i had not seen anyone rushing towards my car or my Cousins(he drives an Indica since 2005), and yes we do stop at all red lights and corners of Noida, Delhi, Gurgaon. High time people get over this perception.

Moreover how many Indica's you see on road and how many Swift? Indica outnumbers it easily which clearly states its a peoples car and i dont think such a huge amount of people are foolish to buy it inspite of knowing there is a so called 'taxi' image which i had seen only floating around on this forum by few people rather than many in day to day life.

Last edited by harry10 : 26th November 2008 at 15:38.
harry10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2008, 16:17   #589
BHPian

My dad, being in the Government service used to be primarily driven in an ambassador & every time he sat in my Zen, used to bitterly complain about the cramped interiors.
However on last Saturday when I took delivery of the Vista, the only comment which came from him was - "At last a car which is as big as my good old Amby used to be". Words like these are very hard to come from him & at that very instant I knew that this car had hit a cord with him.
Oh my apologies to every one for not informing earlier on my latest baby.
It’s a Nobel Blue Indica Vista Aura & it HAD to be the Quadrajet. I took delivery of the same on last Saturday from Concorde Motors & I can vouch for the sales service any day, although I am still fighting with them for mud flaps & interior matting. HEHEHE...
Maverick1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2008, 16:36   #590
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
Oh my apologies to every one for not informing earlier on my latest baby.
Itís a Nobel Blue Indica Vista Aura & it HAD to be the Quadrajet. I took delivery of the same on last Saturday from Concorde Motors & I can vouch for the sales service any day, although I am still fighting with them for mud flaps & interior matting. HEHEHE...
Congrats on the new purchase , If i buy the Vista it will be in the Blue itself as i find it kinda sporty and unique as not many are on road. Kindly do post some pics of it asap.
harry10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2008, 18:29   #591
BHPian

Please check the comparision sheet attached. Vista Quadrajet Aura looks cheaper than i10 Sports.

Source :- http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchb...omparator.html (Hatchback Comparator)
Attached Files
File Type: xls VehComparo_2008.xls (27.5 KB, 165 views)
sridak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2008, 21:57   #592
BHPian

Quote:
How is it a false perception that Tata cars are mostly used as cabs. You ask any tom, dick and harry anywhere. They will tell u the same thing! Nowdays we say "call an indica" (instead of call a cab!).
lot of indicas are cabs and this proves the robustness, comfort and low running costs of the car. no cabbie would opt for a car that is a headache to buy, service and maintain.
Quote:
At all crossings here in Noida I see all the time people running towards indicas for a ride (passengers)!
and whats that to do with the great A*S*S at Tata dealerships? anyway I havent experienced anything like that last 5 years while driving my Indica V2.
Quote:
But it is also a fact that their service is still not comparable to say Maruti or Hyundai.
thats what I refuse to accept because of my great experience with Tata. they fix issues promptly and on time, they never ripped me off, they are always very polite and respectful, they have low labor charge, they always call back for feedback few days after every service or interaction with them, they always understand what i am talking about if i want anything fixed, they have pickup and drop feature at the service centers...well what else do you need?
Quote:
Why should Tatas lag behind in all surveys if they were so good. In fact, if I am not wrong, Tatas are always about the worst ranked company in all customer satisfaction surveys (like JD Power etc)
i dont know who the JD Power guys interviewed to arrive at that conclusion. if they ask me and many other Tata customers I know, this would never happen.
Quote:
Disclaimer: I have a Maruti car (Alto Lxi) and I also have a very pleasant 3 years of ownership experience of the car.
i too have a second maruthi car (a yellow Wagon R) in my family. the ownership experience is good for that too but it had been to the workshop more often than the Indica.
CtrlAltDel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2008, 22:11   #593
Distinguished - BHPian

Waise for what its worth. In Delhi, the CNG cabs are almost universally now the Esteem or the WagonRs with a dealer CNG warranty. Xeta despite OEM CNG warranty is pretty much out of the CNG game.

I find it interesting to see how the masses have voted with their feet
phamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2008, 00:10   #594
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
thats what I refuse to accept because of my great experience with Tata. they fix issues promptly and on time, they never ripped me off, they are always very polite and respectful, they have low labor charge, they always call back for feedback few days after every service or interaction with them, they always understand what i am talking about if i want anything fixed, they have pickup and drop feature at the service centers...well what else do you need? i dont know who the JD Power guys interviewed to arrive at that conclusion. if they ask me and many other Tata customers I know, this would never happen.
i too have a second maruthi car (a yellow Wagon R) in my family. the ownership experience is good for that too but it had been to the workshop more often than the Indica.
When we say company A has better A.S.S. than company B that does not mean that all customers of company B will get worse service than all customers of company A.
It only means that out of a sample of 100 people for each company there will be more satisfied customers of A than B.
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2008, 10:36   #595
BHPian

Exclamation Vista QJD in a used car showroom!

Surprised!

I saw a Black Indica Vista QJD Aura for sale in a Used car showroom

I havent got the price details or reason for sale...but a bit shocked that a month old brand new Vista is out for resale! Im seeing it there since past 2 weeks.
rudrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2008, 10:54   #596
Senior - BHPian

wonder if its an abused TD vehicle a dealer may not be able to dispose through the regular channels
Old 27th November 2008, 10:54   #597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudrah View Post
Surprised!

I havent got the price details or reason for sale...but a bit shocked that a month old brand new Vista is out for resale! Im seeing it there since past 2 weeks.
What an unfortunate divorce it could have been!! I just hope that the car was just not widowed!!
opendro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2008, 11:05   #598
BHPian

Talking No no! Not a taxi!

Quote:
At all crossings here in Noida I see all the time people running towards indicas for a ride (passengers)!
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
@Joslicx - I would disagree,like you stay in the NCR i too am from NCR itself and till date i had not seen anyone rushing towards my car or my Cousins(he drives an Indica since 2005), and yes we do stop at all red lights and corners of Noida, Delhi, Gurgaon. High time people get over this perception.

I find it a befitting reply to the comment made above. I don't look at every Indica as a Taxi!

But yes, people desist from buying white Indicas/Indigos (not sure if they are available) so that they are not confused as Indicabs!

BTW, what colour are your vehicles?
Glifford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2008, 11:13   #599
Senior - BHPian

glifford, mine is white
Old 27th November 2008, 11:25   #600
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudrah View Post
Surprised!

wonder if you could check for the details, as one of my friend who is a used car dealer in HYD bought the Indica Vista and used to park at his garage. He has so many enquiries already
sridak is offline   Reply With Quote