Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 27th November 2008, 11:39   #601
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
wonder if its an abused TD vehicle a dealer may not be able to dispose through the regular channels
Quite possible!

They instead should be returning back to the company than sell of, am i right? Or rework the car and sell at discounts?
rudrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2008, 12:32   #602
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudrah View Post
Quote:
wonder if its an abused TD vehicle a dealer may not be able to dispose through the regular channels
Quite possible!

They instead should be returning back to the company than sell of, am i right? Or rework the car and sell at discounts?
That's one of the possibility. But such brand new sale happens in genuine also. I just sold my 2 months old 1500 Kms Estilo to buy a bigger and diesel car.

One person I know sold his Scorpio in 2 weeks and my Uncle sold his NHC in 5 months. Reason for both of them: Didn't like it that much after buying!

Last edited by Bouncer : 27th November 2008 at 12:33.
Bouncer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2008, 12:39   #603
BHPian

The dealer in my city openly uses new cars for TD by disconnecting the speedo.

Is there anyway i can report this to TATA motors ?

Quote:
adityamunshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2008, 12:52   #604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityamunshi View Post
The dealer in my city openly uses new cars for TD by disconnecting the speedo.

Is there anyway i can report this to TATA motors ?
You can mail TATA motors and forward your feedback! Check their website for contact addresses!

If Its a FIAT car, you can mail to FIAT Service.

This is a known issue...
rudrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2008, 16:06   #605
Senior - BHPian

@glifford - my Indigo Lx is Steel grey and My cousins Indica is Red.
harry10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2008, 16:15   #606
BHPian

I suggest, stop responding to these fake cries of cab image of Indica. People with weak image keep giving false cries. It is not worth trying to explain to them.
opendro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2008, 16:25   #607
BHPian

Straight Question to every body who is objecting the purchase of Indica considering as cab.

Please let us know one car model which is not at all being used as so called cab
sridak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2008, 21:30   #608
Senior - BHPian

Alright so heres what I can say.
In my office parking there are probably 50 cars and a grand total of ZERO Indicas!!! Thats surprising isint it, given that it is India's 3rd largest selling car. About 60% of the cars are small cars (Santros, WagonRs, Altos, i10s, and one Spark; numbers in that order). Among the big cars its City that rules.
Also when I look at parking of all the IT park in which I work (easily 200+ cars), there again isnt a single Indica! There are plethora of Indicas however parked on the road, that ferry employees to and fro to the workplace! Almost exclusively all taxis are either Indicas (in 5 seater car space) or Sumo/Qualis (8/9 seater cab space).
Now lets look at the society where I live. About 140 families in the complex and not a single Indica again!!!! Most cars here are big cars (again City rules) and amongst the smaller cars its mostly Alto here!

Whenever I have called for a taxi (for Airport or railway stn or when I used one for trip to Hemkund Sahib) it has, 100% of the time, been an Indica!

This is not really to pick up a fight with Indica owners/fans. It is probably a very good car. But there really is no denying this fact that it is used a lot as taxi, more than any other car.
joslicx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2008, 21:39   #609
Senior - BHPian

Just one line in reply - In my office parking out of 100 cars there will be atleast 20 Indica and 3 Vista till now. And yes my office is in Noida so if anyone wants to come and check most welcome always

As for the society we have 7 Indica's and 2 Indigo's in the near family itself let alone the society. If more research is required you can search for number of Indica's sold as passenger vehicles.

P.S - Still waiting for the reply for Sridak's q!

Last edited by harry10 : 27th November 2008 at 21:43.
harry10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2008, 21:45   #610

could you say the same for the Toyota Qualis? The Indica, quite rightly has sold more as a cab...Its a good car, worth what is being paid for it and that is the reason for its high sales as a cab....The Indica Vista is far superior and might change the cab image.....
amoghmasur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2008, 21:51   #611
Senior - BHPian

Alright but I will have my perceptions of things based on what I see. Right!
I see Indicas used as taxis or cabs all around so thats why I feel it has that taxi image.

Anyway to answer Sridak's question there are lot of cars that I have yet not had the luck to have seen them being used as taxis or cabs. The most common ones are any of the Honda cars!!!
Among the small cars I am yet to see a Santro/i10 used as a taxi or a cab.
Old 27th November 2008, 21:52   #612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Alright so heres what I can say.
In my office parking there are probably 50 cars and a grand total of ZERO Indicas!!! Thats surprising isint it, given that it is India's 3rd largest selling car. About 60% of the cars are small cars (Santros, WagonRs, Altos, i10s, and one Spark; numbers in that order). Among the big cars its City that rules.
Also when I look at parking of all the IT park in which I work (easily 200+ cars), there again isnt a single Indica! There are plethora of Indicas however parked on the road, that ferry employees to and fro to the workplace! Almost exclusively all taxis are either Indicas (in 5 seater car space) or Sumo/Qualis (8/9 seater cab space).
Now lets look at the society where I live. About 140 families in the complex and not a single Indica again!!!! Most cars here are big cars (again City rules) and amongst the smaller cars its mostly Alto here!

Whenever I have called for a taxi (for Airport or railway stn or when I used one for trip to Hemkund Sahib) it has, 100% of the time, been an Indica!

This is not really to pick up a fight with Indica owners/fans. It is probably a very good car. But there really is no denying this fact that it is used a lot as taxi, more than any other car.
come down south and u'll see the opposite. south has traditionally been the bastion of diesel and indica is everywhere.

no one disputes that lots of indicas are cabs. i also posted somewhere below that its popularity as a cab shows what a great VFM it is.

i only challenged the observation that tata had bad A*S*S. someone diverted it to a discussion on cabs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx
Among the small cars I am yet to see a Santro/i10 used as a taxi or a cab.
dude, cabs need cars that are cheap to maintain and have comfortable rear seats. do santro/i10 qualify?

Last edited by CtrlAltDel : 27th November 2008 at 21:53.
CtrlAltDel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2008, 22:02   #613
Senior - BHPian

CTrlAltDel, tata in general has A.S.S. worse than its main competitors - maruti and hyundai. Its heavenly compared to some other brands like ford and skoda
greenhorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2008, 22:11   #614
BHPian

Quote:
CTrlAltDel, tata in general has A.S.S. worse than its main competitors - maruti and hyundai. Its heavenly compared to some other brands like ford and skoda
it may be second or third best, not "worse". Tata has the largest service network after Maruti. some say Hyundai might be second, but in many towns I have seen, there are no hyundai service stn., but you always find a TASC or TASP.

by your criteria, would you call Hyundai A*S*S "worse" because maruti's is better?
CtrlAltDel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2008, 22:17   #615
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post

dude, cabs need cars that are cheap to maintain and have comfortable rear seats. do santro/i10 qualify?
Bingo! paaji tussi kafi smart ho
Just to add I also feel one of the main reasons why Indica has been such a darling for cabbies is the fact that it was and probably still is the only Diesel in its price band. Fiat has Palio but who wants to buy a Fiat except for some bhpians