Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 3rd December 2008, 15:05   #646
Senior - BHPian

Ctlaltdel & other Quadra jet owners, It it true that new Indica Vista is a straight peel off from Fiat Stable?? If so, I was wrong earlier when I thought that finally TATA has come off age and is producing better cars!! HUH!!
getsurya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2008, 15:15   #647
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Ctlaltdel & other Quadra jet owners, It it true that new Indica Vista is a straight peel off from Fiat Stable?? If so, I was wrong earlier when I thought that finally TATA has come off age and is producing better cars!! HUH!!
The Engine and Gearbox is of Fiat and rest is all Tata. ALso Swift etc use the same engine so not a big deal at all.
harry10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2008, 15:17   #648
Senior - BHPian

harry, thanks for that info. good to see TATA giving us good compact cars!
getsurya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2008, 15:31   #649
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
The Engine and Gearbox is of Fiat and rest is all Tata. ALso Swift etc use the same engine so not a big deal at all.
To add to that, the 1.3 MultiJet Diesel (MJD) is tuned (by Tata?) to suit the Indica (or target customer segment) requirements. This makes it more drivable in the city than the Palio and the Swift.

And yes Tata is coming of age, it does many things better than the Palio MJD itself.
Glifford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2008, 15:44   #650
BHPian

The Tata-Fiat deal is one of the best symbiotic deal till date. Fiat has better distribution & spares network & Tata has a much more improved car to offer.
Also till the time the end consumer is benefiting, I believe no one should be complaining about it. What say?
Maverick1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2008, 16:23   #651
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
Also till the time the end consumer is benefiting, I believe no one should be complaining about it. What say?
Very true. It doesnt matters to me which engine is used in which car till i get a good package i will be willing to buy that car,then maybe its a TATA,Honda,Hyundai,Maruti or whatever.
harry10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2008, 16:35   #652
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Vista was designed and engineered in 2004 long before the tie-up with Fiat materialised. The launch was originally planned for 2007.

Even if the Fiat engine and transmission aren't taken into account, Vista's probably a much improved car over the Indica, going by the initial reports and driving experiences.
directinjection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2008, 16:40   #653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
its 190 @ 1750 rpm
u are mistaken, dude! its a Fiat gear box in the Q'jet!
Thanks everyone, for correcting my lazy typos. Hey, there is a Aura quadrajet available too..

I am gonna buy a car for this new year. Its gonna be either Vista AURA Quadrajet or the Palio stile 1.3 MJD. The problem is that the Tata delear (Concorde velachery chennai) dint have any Fiat 1.3 to test drive. I have started thinking suspicious about tata now.

What do you say guys? where should I put my money.
ritz830 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2008, 18:00   #654
Senior - BHPian

2008 has been an year of big losses to Tata.

Tata's Indian sales are declining due to financial crisis.
The Nano plant in Singur had to be abandoned.
The newly acquired Jaguar-Land Rover brands are making huge losses because of the financial recession.
The newly acquired Tata-Corus steel venture is also making losses due to the reduction in steel prices.
The recent Mumbai terror attack caused around Rs 500 crores loss to Tata.

Will Tata make up all these losses? Or will it succumb to it? In that case, will it affect the Tata passenger car unit in India?
romeomidhun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2008, 21:48   #655
Senior - BHPian

I don't think it would Tata much. Tata is a very big group, they will be able to manage the crisis.
safari_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2008, 12:00   #656
BHPian

almost all companies have been hit in this crisis...cant expect long term troubles in a fundamentally strong company like those of the Tata group.
CtrlAltDel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2008, 12:06   #657
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
almost all companies have been hit in this crisis...cant expect long term troubles in a fundamentally strong company like those of the Tata group.
Thats true. But it is also true that JLR, Corus and Singur have been very risky moves on part of Ratan Tata. he would have to be incredibly lucky for it to pay off (but if it does pay off then Tatas could benefit enormously). Singur was a loss but could be recouped by Nano. Jury is still out on Corus and JLR.
Lets hope they dont prove to be the holes that sink mighty ship that is Tata empire.
joslicx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2008, 12:40   #658
BHPian

The Tata group of companies is too huge & the Govt will definitely step in, God forbid the unthinkable happens. Its a prestige issue for India Inc.
Back to Vista - I need a solution to the inadequate ICE system that came along with the car. Will installing a 2-channel amp & a subwoofer in the boot improve the audio quality? Will replacing the speakers only, make a bigger difference? I am thoroughly confused & want a long term solution.
Any 1 selling their old amp/woofer/speakers please PM or email me on redcap.maverick@gmail.com.
Maverick1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2008, 13:35   #659
BHPian

i added a sony 2 way amp and 2 pioneer yellowcone speakers at a custom built tray in the back. i now have a nice sounding 8 speaker system

might think abt a sub in future.
CtrlAltDel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2008, 13:40   #660
Team-BHP Support

Just saw a Black Aura in my office parking lot.
Looks stunning.
bblost is offline   Reply With Quote