Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 5th January 2009, 16:34   #736
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
@Kunal - Now i was completely unaware of this. Nice info. And have you already installed this or will be installing?
I was supposed to get a call from AVI electronics today with their final price offer. Not yet heard from them. I hope to get it installed this week. keep an eye on this thread for more info. I did however completly understood the system. The AVI guy tells me that after the installation most ppl complain that it would have been better had there been an auto engaging of the speakers in case of any incoming call. thats not the case. Moreover, you also need to dial on your own using the cell phone. No key inputs can be supported with this system.
kunal2202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2009, 20:39   #737
BHPian

manual engagement is a pain IMO. i am happy with my blue tooth earpiece
CtrlAltDel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2009, 16:37   #738
BHPian

Hey Kunal that’s a great piece of info that you have given. Thanks for the same. Please do keep me posted in case you install one.
As of now I will be better off with the Nokia blue tooth that I already have with me.
But this is quite a disappointment also. I have always failed to understand why manufacturers will always have some feature or the other which is incomplete & almost difficult/useless to implement & utilize.
I am also curious to know if the handles inside the car are retractable or not. The retractable ones are supposed to be in the Aura only & the fixed ones are in the Aqua. However to my utter surprise I have the non retractable ones in my car & the co. informed me that the cars which came in my lot have had these handles. Any 1 with the same experience as mine?
Maverick1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2009, 21:53   #739
BHPian

Yep. I observed the same problem with mine. I think i read somewhere that Vista Aura had spring-loaded handles!

Last edited by Technocrat : 6th January 2009 at 23:39. Reason: Please avoid quoting a post if its on same page
BloodHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2009, 23:12   #740
BHPian

what retractable handles?

if you are talking about the handgrips above the doors, yes, they are retractable in my Aura.
CtrlAltDel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2009, 13:21   #741
BHPian

Exactly my point CAD. The same thing is not retractable in my car & the workshop guys told me that there's no fixed rule that all cars come with the same. I hate this from the bottom of my heart. Is there something called standardization or not?
I would also like to know the max revs that we can take the car to. Mine has crossed 1500 kms now & the max I have revved it max to 2500. However when I did that I observed quite a growl from the engine. Is this normal at 2500 rpm?
Sorry if I am appearing too naive, but the prob is that this is the 1st time I am driving a diesel car.
Old 8th January 2009, 13:38   #742
BHPian

The RPM band for Max Torque for the QJD is 1750 - 3500 RPM.
If you going at the speed of 100 on 5th gear you are surely doing above 3000 RPM. What is the max speed you have gone so far?

Cheers,
Nitin
revhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2009, 14:26   #743
BHPian

RevH - I have touched 100 only once @300 rpm for a few kms as the roads were empty & I was really tempted to push the car a bit.
Can you please explain what do you mean by RPM band for Max Torque?
Also please tell me whats the max RPM that I can go for each of the gears. Also since the car has covered more than 1500 kms, will it be ok to go at 3 digit speeds for some time?
Old 8th January 2009, 14:53   #744
BHPian

New Discussion, so skipping the Edit function:
Whilst going thru the Clarion manual in the last 5 days, I have discovered 1 function which has changed my listening enjoyment & its the LOUD button. I was under the impression that this button only aids in increasing the volume, but I was wrong. It actually increases the Bass & this was something which I was really missing in the system. It sounds much better now. Guys if U have not tried this then really do so.
Old 8th January 2009, 14:56   #745
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
New Discussion, so skipping the Edit function:
Whilst going thru the Clarion manual in the last 5 days, I have discovered 1 function which has changed my listening enjoyment & its the LOUD button. I was under the impression that this button only aids in increasing the volume, but I was wrong. It actually increases the Bass & this was something which I was really missing in the system. It sounds much better now. Guys if U have not tried this then really do so.
ha ha- maverick also try the Z-echr button for further treble effects. You have 3 frequencies there.
kunal2202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2009, 15:09   #746
BHPian

The RPM band for Max torque indicates the RPM range for getting the best performance from the engine. The Turbo kicks in at 1750 RPM and you can Rev the car happily untill 3500 RPM after that you will find that any more pushing of the accelarator wont really accelerate the car too much and you will have to push to the higher gear to stay in the RPM band untill you reach the 5th gear.

Well Run-In is the most controversial topic. But if you strictly follow the manual it is from 1000-1800 kms. After 1800 kms I wouldnt hesitate to take her to the max speed but on 5th gear ofcourse. On other gears I would take her to 3000 RPM max. But it can be taken upto 3500 RPM.

Cheers,
Nitin
Old 8th January 2009, 15:10   #747
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
It sounds much better now. Guys if U have not tried this then really do so.
As you are new to a diesel engine what are your inputs regarding Vista? Satisfied with the engine performance and the car?

To add to what Nitin said if yu are a FE conscious person then its always recommended to rev the engine upto the specified Rpm otherwise it decreases your FE.

Last edited by harry10 : 8th January 2009 at 15:12.
harry10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2009, 21:47   #748
BHPian

What is the Vista Aura QJD delivery time? does it still takes 4 to 6 weeks? I could see lots of QJD's and TDi in Bangalore Roads.
TeddyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2009, 10:28   #749
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyBear View Post
What is the Vista Aura QJD delivery time? does it still takes 4 to 6 weeks? I could see lots of QJD's and TDi in Bangalore Roads.
In Bangalore, Concorde delivers within 2 weeks. Prerana and Manipal say 4 to 6 weeks. But if you have ready cash then you can get in even in a day or 2 as there would be lot of people who would be waiting for loan approval and these dealers wouldn't wait for these guys and instead give it to someone with ready cash. I experienced the same and hence used credit card to buy the car for part payment and full cash for remaining
Old 9th January 2009, 10:57   #750
Distinguished - BHPian

^

Most sensible companies have disallowed dealers from exploiting such loopholes. Even car bookings cancelled due to customer not having cash at last moment go through the queue!
phamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote