Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 9th January 2009, 12:21   #751
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revhappy View Post
.I experienced the same and hence used credit card to buy the car for part payment and full cash for remaining
revhappy: You said you have used your credit card to buy the car and some cash, I must say thats a very brave thing to do
crn12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2009, 12:47   #752
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crn12 View Post
revhappy: You said you have used your credit card to buy the car and some cash, I must say thats a very brave thing to do
I agree . But credits cards are not all that bad as they are made out to be.
As long as you it pay it off quickly. There is a 1 and half month of interest free period, provided you do the transaction just after the billing cycle completes. And then after that you can do a balance transfer to another card at low rates.

If you want to pay off a loan with 4 or 5 months then nothing like credit cards mate. Besides, I didnt want to liquidate my deposits that I had booked with SBI 1000 days @10.5% interest. We wont be seeing those high interest rates for a long long time.

Cheers,
Nitin
revhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2009, 13:00   #753
Distinguished - BHPian

Personal finance is like chaddis.

The way it fits you might completely cramp the others
phamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2009, 20:31   #754
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I had a look at the diagrams of the engine cabin of the TDI and the QJD in my manual. I noticed that the TDI has an intercooler while the QJD doesn't.
Isn't that strange? Or is the intercooler somewhere beneath in the engine cabin in the QJD?

Cheers,
Nitin
Old 11th January 2009, 20:37   #755
Senior - BHPian

the QJD intercooler maybe located in the bumper. in the swift it is
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2009, 22:22   #756
BHPian

Hi Guys,

The gear ratios of the TDi and the QJD are totally different as listed below:

TDi QJD
1st 3.42 3.909
2nd 1.95 2.238
3rd 1.13 1.444
4th 0.78 1.029
5th 0.636 0.767

So for the TDi they have provided 2 gears for overdrive and for QJD only 1.
Also the gear ratios are so different. Would this mean that the speeds for gear changing would be different for the TDi and the QJD? The manual has a single table for both and this is different from what is on the windscreen.

Can somebody tell me based on the above gear what would be the speed/rpm range in each gear for the TDi?
I am currently doing the following:
1st to 2nd 15 kmph
2nd to 3rd 25kmph
3rd to 4th 45kmph
4th to 5th 60kmph

The above has given me an FE about 15-16 in the city but I am missing the turbo as I am currently upshifting as soon the turbo kicks in around 2000 RPM
Should I wait a little longer prior to upshifting i.e 2500 RPM? That would be fun to drive but would it bring down FE? I have just completed 1000 kms.

Cheers,
Nitin
Old 11th January 2009, 23:12   #757
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revhappy View Post
Can somebody tell me based on the above gear what would be the speed/rpm range in each gear for the TDi?
I am currently doing the following:
1st to 2nd 15 kmph
2nd to 3rd 25kmph
3rd to 4th 45kmph
4th to 5th 60kmph

The above has given me an FE about 15-16 in the city but I am missing the turbo as I am currently upshifting as soon the turbo kicks in around 2000 RPM
Should I wait a little longer prior to upshifting i.e 2500 RPM? That would be fun to drive but would it bring down FE? I have just completed 1000 kms.
the speeds you are doing are the best for FE. for more "thrills" or speed you can upshift at higher RPMs (2500-3000).

since you are still within the run-in period, stick to your current RPMs for about 500 more kms.

btw in QJD atleast, the turbo spins after 1750 rpm so the lag is quite less, tho you can feel it for a few seconds if you observe closely.

the figures displayed by the windscreen label is only a guideline for good FE. its not engine specific. my old V2 DLS had the same label
CtrlAltDel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2009, 12:12   #758
BHPian

@Vista Owners - Have any of you ever noticed a belt which is located just near to the front wheel(right) in your Vista? I just noticed a very low-placed belt there. Just steer the wheel to 90 degree with respect to the inner body and then look inside(do keep the engine running).
BloodHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2009, 12:50   #759
BHPian

I am now a worried man. The reason is that my Vista which had developed faint rattling noise has now started rattling even more loudly, especially from the left hand side. Today morning whilst driving to the office, I realized that whenever this baby went through even small potholes, it was rattling quite a lot.
Is this something that we can expect or this is a bad car that has landed in my hand? I have also noticed a slight jerking motion in the gear stick especially in the 4th gear. What I mean to say is that I feel a faint jerk when my hand is there on the gear lever. Is this normal & has any one experienced the same?
Guys please help me out. I will be shot by my family if these issues are not solved soon...
Maverick1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2009, 13:25   #760
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
I am now a worried man. The reason is that my Vista which had developed faint rattling noise has now started rattling even more loudly, especially from the left hand side. Today morning whilst driving to the office, I realized that whenever this baby went through even small potholes, it was rattling quite a lot.
Is this something that we can expect or this is a bad car that has landed in my hand? I have also noticed a slight jerking motion in the gear stick especially in the 4th gear. What I mean to say is that I feel a faint jerk when my hand is there on the gear lever. Is this normal & has any one experienced the same?
Guys please help me out. I will be shot by my family if these issues are not solved soon...
Did you check the globe-box contents? Make sure nothing there causing the rattle.
rajdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2009, 13:38   #761
BHPian

Nothing in the glove box & the noise is not coming from the front end. Its some where between middle & the tail end. Earlier the noise used to be like that of a creeking metal.
Guys is this because of a higher tyre pressure that I have filled-in on this weekend. Its not like I have gone higher than recommended. Its 35 in front wheels & 32 in the rear wheels. Can this be a source of the problem?
Old 12th January 2009, 16:01   #762
BHPian

Quote:
Nothing in the glove box & the noise is not coming from the front end. Its some where between middle & the tail end. Earlier the noise used to be like that of a creeking metal.
Guys is this because of a higher tyre pressure that I have filled-in on this weekend. Its not like I have gone higher than recommended. Its 35 in front wheels & 32 in the rear wheels. Can this be a source of the problem?
I would suggest take it to the service station and ask the mechanic to sit in the car and take it for a drive in order to reproduce the issue and ask them to fix it.
Old 12th January 2009, 16:30   #763
BHPian

What is the tyre pressure that requires to be maintained in case of the Vista?
Old 12th January 2009, 17:27   #764
BHPian

i keep 32 in the front and 30 in the back tyres very comfy any higher and ride becomes very stiff and uncomfortable
dockap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2009, 19:55   #765
BHPian

Quote:
Today morning whilst driving to the office, I realized that whenever this baby went through even small potholes, it was rattling quite a lot.
are u talking about the "crunch-crunch" sound of the suspension? mine had it in the beginning but it was fixed in the 1st service.

dunno about the "jerk" in the gear lever. does it have a lot of play?
CtrlAltDel is offline   Reply With Quote