Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2009, 18:53   #766
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 553
Thanked: 214 Times
Default

Just carry out your own analysis, You will be able to identify it's source.
sushantr5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2009, 18:08   #767
BHPian
 
Maverick1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 832
Thanked: 249 Times
Default

There is some sad news from my end. I might be a one off case, but then its better to be on the careful side.
Last Thursday whilst driving home, around 9:30 I hear a slight thud from the engine compartment. The car immediately starts losing power & when I try to depress the clutch I find put that its completely sunk inside. With difficulty I push the gear lever into neutral & pull the car on the side. To cut the story short, the master cylinder of the hydraulic clutch had failed. This led to all the oil just draining out & the clutch sinking like a small boat.
However the service provided by the Tata helpline & Concorde Motors was fantastic. They put me in touch with the guys who towed my vehicle to the Worli workshop & these guys came pretty fast also. The work was carried out quite well & I was delivered the car at BKC the very next evening. Whoever says that Tata's service is bad, then dude I beg to differ with you BIG time. This kind of service was never ever provided to me by Maruti in all these years. Also I was not charged a penny for parts, labour or even for the towing service.
Just a caution - Pl get this checked by the service centre. Its better to get the part replaced than to be stuck in the middle of the night in a deserted or secluded place. Luckily I was alone, but the same situation would have been really hair raising had my wifey & kiddo been with me.
Maverick1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2009, 11:18   #768
BHPian
 
pb10gagan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Construction Capital
Posts: 357
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
are u talking about the "crunch-crunch" sound of the suspension? mine had it in the beginning but it was fixed in the 1st service.

dunno about the "jerk" in the gear lever. does it have a lot of play?
hello CtrlAltDel, just wanted to ask one question.
when you compare the location of race clutch and brake pedal in the vista with old indica . is there any difference? i mean have tata tried to make it more comfortable for long drives by giving the race pedal a more obtuse angle with relation to the floor of the car.
pb10gagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2009, 12:20   #769
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 553
Thanked: 214 Times
Default

My Indica Vista Aura QJD delivery is pending which was supposed to deliver in last week. I called one of my friend in Tata Motors and he said that 1000 cars are pending for delivery. They are all ready but Power window switches are not fitted yet. He said there is shortage of these switches due to supplier problem.

And he said that all 2008 manufactured cars have been sold. So I request you not to go for 2008 model because these cars are purchased by dealer some time before but could not sell these cars due to some reason. So if you get 2008 model then do not accept this delivery because this might have been used for dealer for Test Drive purpose.
sushantr5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2009, 13:55   #770
BHPian
 
revhappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Singapore
Posts: 307
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb10gagan View Post
hello CtrlAltDel, just wanted to ask one question.
when you compare the location of race clutch and brake pedal in the vista with old indica . is there any difference? i mean have tata tried to make it more comfortable for long drives by giving the race pedal a more obtuse angle with relation to the floor of the car.
Good question. I too have the same question. In my Indica Vista my left leg ankle pains after I drive for about an hour or so in city traffic. This is because I hover my leg on top of the clutch all the time without pressing it.
This never happened in my zen. It could be because of the high seating position combined with very "angled and deep" clutch pedal.

Cheers,
Nitin
revhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2009, 19:02   #771
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: horamavu
Posts: 374
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
Whoever says that Tata's service is bad, then dude I beg to differ with you BIG time. This kind of service was never ever provided to me by Maruti in all these years. Also I was not charged a penny for parts, labour or even for the towing service.
J
Good to hear about great service & support by TATA. Wish they keep it up.
TeddyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2009, 23:16   #772
BHPian
 
CtrlAltDel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: HyderaGr8
Posts: 500
Thanked: 24 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb10gagan View Post
hello CtrlAltDel, just wanted to ask one question.
when you compare the location of race clutch and brake pedal in the vista with old indica . is there any difference? i mean have tata tried to make it more comfortable for long drives by giving the race pedal a more obtuse angle with relation to the floor of the car.
all i can say is the position of the pedals is much more comfortable compared to the V2. frankly i never had much trouble with V2's pedal positioning but that might be because I got used to it in 5 yrs! but Vista feels totally different and foot well also seems more spacious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyBear View Post
Good to hear about great service & support by TATA. Wish they keep it up.
thats what I keep saying....I have been having a great experience with Tata A*S*S since 2003 and I will never agree with anyone who claims it is bad! neither the car lets you down nor the service.

Last edited by CtrlAltDel : 21st January 2009 at 23:18.
CtrlAltDel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2009, 12:13   #773
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Noida
Posts: 91
Thanked: Once
Default

Planning to buy a 2009 Tata indica Vista car.

Now how can I be sure as to

a) Whether car is really a 2009 manufactured car(where is the info seen.I opened the bonnet of the indica vista and I did not see any no on the Engine)

Can some of the Indica Vista owners post pictures of the Manufacturing no info and how to interpret it

b) How can I make sure that car I am getting will be a new car and not a car used for TD or a customer rejected car.

I saw in one of the threads about Date of manufacture being last digit of the Engine and Alphabet after that denotes the month.However I did not see any such no in the Tata indica vista.

-hdi
hdi_pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2009, 21:42   #774
BHPian
 
vahss_11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Thane(Mumbai)
Posts: 115
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdi_pro View Post
Planning to buy a 2009 Tata indica Vista car.

Now how can I be sure as to

a) Whether car is really a 2009 manufactured car(where is the info seen.I opened the bonnet of the indica vista and I did not see any no on the Engine)

Can some of the Indica Vista owners post pictures of the Manufacturing no info and how to interpret it

b) How can I make sure that car I am getting will be a new car and not a car used for TD or a customer rejected car.

I saw in one of the threads about Date of manufacture being last digit of the Engine and Alphabet after that denotes the month.However I did not see any such no in the Tata indica vista.

-hdi
Hi ,

I would request you to please check the vehicle before getting it registered,and try to give as low downpayment as possible,

before you give token money ,its better to clear the sales person that the complete payment will be done only after you inspect the car as and when it arrives at the dealer's godown,

when I had purchased my car, I made it sure that I am present infront of the truck which brought the car to godown, and inspected the car there itself. (I got TATA Indica v2 - 2003)

And dont forget to mark somewhere in the car so that you can be rest assured a new car.

Last edited by vahss_11 : 25th January 2009 at 21:44.
vahss_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2009, 04:10   #775
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hyderabad/Mysor
Posts: 155
Thanked: 58 Times
Default

I've been having the same concern. Where exactly on the body of the car is the date of manufacture? And also the engine and chassis numbers. Because the first step of the tbhp checklist is to make sure it's the latest model and to check the numbers. And since I'll be buying a Vista TDi next month, I really have to know.
nukeblitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2009, 12:41   #776
BHPian
 
Bouncer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 323
Thanked: 5 Times
Exclamation Interpreting year of Mfg in Indica/ Indigo range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdi_pro View Post
Planning to buy a 2009 Tata indica Vista car.

Now how can I be sure as to

a) Whether car is really a 2009 manufactured car....

I saw in one of the threads about Date of manufacture being last digit of the Engine and Alphabet after that denotes the month.However I did not see any such no in the Tata indica vista.

-hdi
Open driver door and check for chassis number on left hand bottom corner of the frame. (On frame and not on door)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vahss_11 View Post
Hi ,

...when I had purchased my car, I made it sure that I am present infront of the truck which brought the car to godown,.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by nukeblitz View Post
I've been having the same concern. Where exactly on the body of the car is the date of manufacture? And also the engine and chassis numbers. Because the first step of the tbhp checklist is to make sure it's the latest model and to check the numbers. And since I'll be buying a Vista TDi next month, I really have to know.
Source: This is quoted / link given somewhere on T-BHP. I can't find it now, but I had saved it in a word file sometime back. Giving the same here:

Here is how to interpret the Indica / Indigo / Marina chassis & engine numbers :
Chassis Number :
A typical chassis no. is --- 600132CTZP78900.
The first 6 characters are the model code --- in this case, Indica DLE.
The 7th character --- 'C' in this example --- represents the month of
manufacture, according to the foll. table :
A --- Jan.
B --- Feb.
C --- Mar.
D --- Apr.
E --- May.
F --- Jun.
G --- Jul.
H --- Aug.
J --- Sep.
K --- Oct.
L --- Nov.
M --- Dec.
Pls note that ' I ' is not used.
The 8th & 9th characters together represent the year of manufacture, according to the foll. table :
Z --- 0
Y --- 1
X --- 2
W --- 3
V --- 4
U --- 5
T --- 6
S --- 7
R --- 8
Q --- 9
P --- 10
and so on.
In our example, the 8th & 9th characters are ' T Z '. Reversing the order makes it ' Z T '.
As per the table, this converts to ' 0 6 ', or the year 20 06, the ' 20 '
being assumed.
The 10th character represents the Plant location, with ' P ' for ' Pune '.
The last 5 numbers comprise the Serial No. of the chassis.
So, our example no., 600132CTZP78900, means the model is Indica DLE, manufactured in March, 2006, at Pune, having chassis serial no. ' 78900 '.
Engine Number :
A typical engine no. is : 475IDI__03 CTZP12345.
The first 6 to 8 character group represents the engine type, as per foll. table :
475IDI --- Non turbo diesel.
475IDI TC --- Turbocharged Diesel.
475MPFI --- Petrol MPFI.
The next 2 digit number represents the emission norms as per the foll. table:
05 --- BS-2 from Jan 2005 onwards.
03 --- BS-3.
The remaining 9 characters represent the month, year of mfr., Plant, & serial no. of engine, as per the chassis no. tables.
So an engine no. of 475IDI 03 CTZP 12345 will be a non-turbo diesel engine, conforming to BS-3, manufactured in March, 2006, at Pune, & having serial no. 12345.
Now anyone buying a new car can check the month & year of mfr!!
Bouncer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2009, 12:45   #777
Team-BHP Support
 
Eddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 7,402
Thanked: 4,678 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
Source: This is quoted / link given somewhere on T-BHP. I can't find it now, but I had saved it in a word file sometime back. Giving the same here:
Just in case you want the link to read further or post,

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...tml#post725816
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2009, 13:37   #778
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hyderabad/Mysor
Posts: 155
Thanked: 58 Times
Default

Thanks bouncer. That saves me a whole lotta trouble.

And btw, since you have an aqua TDi, is there anything else I should look out for in specific when I'm buying the car?? That's not in the TBHP checklist??
nukeblitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2009, 18:47   #779
Senior - BHPian
 
greenhorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: TN-14
Posts: 6,837
Thanked: 1,315 Times
Default

bouncer, will the decoder work for the new indica
did it work on yours ?
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2009, 11:08   #780
BHPian
 
Bouncer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 323
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Just in case you want the link ...
Thanks. That was quick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukeblitz View Post
.... since you have an aqua TDi, is there anything else I should look out for in specific when I'm buying the car?? That's not in the TBHP checklist??
T-BHP checklist is sufficient IMO. And I have found nothing in Vista TDi which should be a cause of concern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
bouncer, will the decoder work for the new indica
did it work on yours ?
Yes. It worked on my Vista. And I guess it will work on any Tata car.
Bouncer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tata Indica xeta versus Tata Vista SAFIRE 65 rohantn Hatchbacks 17 16th November 2011 01:53
Help Required Indica Vista Safire or Indica Vista TDI Logical Hatchbacks 63 30th October 2011 08:57
First official pics: Indica Vista EV CVT, LHD Vista Interior for Euro markets sidindica The Indian Car Scene 30 5th June 2010 21:03
Indica Vista Official Brochure! EDIT: Vista Now Launched sidindica The Indian Car Scene 233 24th August 2008 18:49


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:53.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks