Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 27th January 2009, 17:27   #781
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone got his Vista Peted till now?
harry10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2009, 20:09   #782
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Has anyone got his Vista Peted till now?
i dont think that is a good idea.
question is - why not? after all it is the same diesel engine as swift DDis.
yes, but:-
1. it has a different engine map, which lets it go to peak torque at 1750 rpm.
2. i dont think PSI box (Pete's) has officially launched a box for indica vista.
3. for point 2 to happen, first the PSI guys need to know the engine map used by tata guys. so that they can override the values send by ECU with their own.
4. even if they know vista's engine map, they will not launch it in market untill and unless the test it extensively. in the real world.
so until PSI(Petes) officially launches their box for vista. i do not think that it is a good idea to get vista Peted.
pb10gagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2009, 20:54   #783
BHPian

Bouncer,

Thanks a lot for the Detailed Explanation.I am going to the dealer on Thursday.I will try to decipher the Indica vista Chassis number from the TD car and will post it here.

-hdi
hdi_pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2009, 00:13   #784
BHPian

Ok.Yep the numbers match exactly and it a dec 2008 car.

So on a related note the dealer told me that even if I book the car,the price is not fixed and he will give me the price which is on the date of delivery(ie if the price is increased in the Booked period then I have to pay the latest price)

Is this how it is??

-hdi
hdi_pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2009, 10:24   #785
BHPian

Yes. That is how it works. The price that prevails on the date of invoicing is taken into account. Suddenly if Tata motors announces a price increase on Monday, you will have to pay the new price.

That is the risk of waiting for a 2009 car. But the increase could be of about 10k-15k max so I think it is worth the risk.

Cheers,
Nitin
revhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2009, 11:03   #786

Default Indica Vista

I picked up one of the first models that came out of Wasan motors. Was very impressed in the beginning with the change of dimensions especially the interiors. Roomy, Spacious, good feel. The engine was fabulous too. Not as good as the Swift diesel but up there.

Now four months later:-
  • Tata's poor workmanship begins to show.
  • Creaks have started.
  • The electrical connection are jumpy.
  • The power windows have already started making a noise.
  • Power steering sucks and it sucks big time.
  • Complained to Tata and got it improved. But I would still say that this is not a power steering.
  • Power windows seem to function on their own will.
  • Front left power window button not operational.
  • The shocks are hissing.
  • The engine though excellent in the beginning, now gives out a gurgling sound as if having a chest congestion
  • Very very poor seats. Pushing the seat back is like playing with a plastic toy car.
  • The solid feel of new car has gone for a toss ( I have a 13 month old Innova; 66000 kms and the car feels spanking new.
All said and done, tata lacks quality or I have got a car that somehow skipped all the quality checks.

I will never ever buy a Tata car.

Chevy and Toyota rock.
Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2009, 12:09   #787
BHPian

Sorry to hear that mate. The initial Vista's had some trouble with Power steering and it seems all the initial vehicles will have the power steering part to be replaced. Did you get your's replaced?

Also, could you please tell us if your's is a TDi, QDJ or Saffire?
And, just to get an idea of when such issues occur, could you tell how many kms on the odo you have done? Do you drive it yourself or do you have a driver? just to get an idea if the driver has abused the car.

Cheers,
Nitin
Old 1st February 2009, 13:43   #788
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb10gagan View Post
i dont think that is a good idea.
question is - why not? after all it is the same diesel engine as swift DDis.
yes, but:-
1. it has a different engine map, which lets it go to peak torque at 1750 rpm.
2. i dont think PSI box (Pete's) has officially launched a box for indica vista.
3. for point 2 to happen, first the PSI guys need to know the engine map used by tata guys. so that they can override the values send by ECU with their own.
4. even if they know vista's engine map, they will not launch it in market untill and unless the test it extensively. in the real world.
so until PSI(Petes) officially launches their box for vista. i do not think that it is a good idea to get vista Peted.
Pete's Automotive Products Pvt Limited
tata's listed
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2009, 10:28   #789
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Is's not for TDi Only for Qjet I guess.
Bouncer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2009, 10:51   #790
BHPian

I Dont personally feel that the Qjet vista needs to be peted, its already got enough ultra low and mid end torque that can get you sticking on to the seats and having fun . Going in for more of higher rpms wouldnt be a nice idea too, as it isnt that stable at cornering at high speeds(read above 120kmph).
BloodHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2009, 14:28   #791

Its a QDJ.
Sorry Nitin, but i did change whatever part needed to be changed. The driver drives the car and he does not abuse it. In fact, the irony is that he loves it. It has clocked 9600 kms.
The quality sucks Nitin. You have to see it and feel it to believe it.
Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2009, 15:07   #792
BHPian

Dear friend, I have also been facing quite a few problems with my car. Its over 2 months now (72 days to be precise) & have faced problems which I never ever faced even in my 5 year old Zen. The biggest of them is the Total Failure of the Hydraulic Clutch, resulting in the car requiring to be towed to the garage.
The only thing thats good is the excellent service being provided by them. Surprising! But true. However availability of parts at their end is still a matter of concern. I have to wait at least for 1 week before the part arrives from Pune. However they are quite prompt in informing me when the part arrives.
I have added my comments to your problems below in BOLD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock View Post
  • Tata's poor workmanship begins to show. - Please elaborate on this.
  • Creaks have started. - Same problem being faced by me also.
  • The electrical connection are jumpy. - Not faced till now.
  • The power windows have already started making a noise. - mine did from the 1st week itself & they are still struggling for a solution. Pl share if this problem is solved. BTW whats the noise like?
  • Power steering sucks and it sucks big time. - Is auto centering the issue that you are facing. If so then be in for a shocker. The workshop claims they have NO solution at all for this.
  • Complained to Tata and got it improved. But I would still say that this is not a power steering.
  • Power windows seem to function on their own will.- Please elaborate.
  • Front left power window button not operational.-Same problem being faced by me since 2 days. Workshop has promised to change the switch tomorrow. Mine works when it feels like. Left Rear PW switch light has disappeared. That 2 will be going-in for a change.
  • The shocks are hissing.-Is this a case when U go over big bumps? Am also facing same problem from the rear left side of the car. The solution, according to the workshop, is to change some bushes in the anti roll bar.
  • The engine though excellent in the beginning, now gives out a gurgling sound as if having a chest congestion - I am really getting worried on this 1 now. 2 reasons why I chose this car - Huge Inside Space & Engine. Now the engine is a ????
  • Very very poor seats. Pushing the seat back is like playing with a plastic toy car.-I beg to differ with you on this. Mine are reasonably ok. Till now at least.
  • The solid feel of new car has gone for a toss ( I have a 13 month old Innova; 66000 kms and the car feels spanking new.
I will never ever buy a Tata car. - Dont you feel U R being too harsh?

Chevy and Toyota rock - Unfair comparison for sure dude!!!
Maverick1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2009, 10:51   #793
BHPian

Default Stone Guard for Indica Vista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock View Post
Its a QDJ.
Sorry Nitin, but i did change whatever part needed to be changed. The driver drives the car and he does not abuse it. In fact, the irony is that he loves it. It has clocked 9600 kms.
The quality sucks Nitin. You have to see it and feel it to believe it.
I think your car is the highest mileage achieved so far in the forum. It is very scary indeed if all cars will get such issues at around 10000 kms.
I know that the overall quality of the car is below par compared to its peers, but what would atleast expect is a reliable and niggle free car.
But sadly from the initial reports it seems that is not the case.

Last edited by revhappy : 6th February 2009 at 11:07.
Old 6th February 2009, 10:54   #794
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
Is's not for TDi Only for Qjet I guess.
and i dont think they ever will. Some other tuning boxes are available for DICOR engines though
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2009, 12:23   #795
BHPian

Spock - Which workshop have U been taking your vehicle to? I have been quite a regular at the Worli workshop as its quite near to my work place, so I drop it early morning & pick it up late evening.
Maverick1977 is offline   Reply With Quote