Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 7th February 2009, 16:42   #796

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
Spock - Which workshop have U been taking your vehicle to? I have been quite a regular at the Worli workshop as its quite near to my work place, so I drop it early morning & pick it up late evening.
I take it to the Wasan motors Kandivali workshop. Why can't for once Tata bring out a car that you don't have to take to the workshop for some problem or the other during the inital ownership period of at least 3 months? Its quite shameful actually. I have another Indica turbo V2 DLX. First 2 months of ownership, very good. 3rd month, it starts. The seats creak, the power windows have a problem. There is some low creaking sound in the front right. I got sick of it and gave the car away to my factory manager. Even after this, I trusted TATA when i checked out the Vista for the very first time. I was seriously bowled over by the space inside and the engine. But alas, disappointment again. Whats the point of paying 5.65 cash down and getting this tin can. Should have gone for the U-VA. my good old chevy.

Somebody give me one good reason why I should trust a TATA car.
Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2009, 12:16   #797
BHPian

1 thing where Tatas earns good amount of brownie points is the Sales Service. They have been prompt in changing stuff that does not tend to work. Surprisingly the parts that have been changed are working quite fine...till now that is.
But I am in complete agreement with Spock when he said - 'Whats the point of paying 5.65 cash down and getting this tin can.' This is exactly I have been taunting Tata Motors every time I go to the workshop.
P.S. I am at the workshop today also. Both the rear doors are not closing properly & I have realized that this is exactly the centre of all my rattling woes.
Maverick1977 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2009, 13:19   #798
BHPian

And to add salt to injury, the rogues at petroleum ministry have reduced the prices of petrol by 10 bucks and diesel by only 4 bucks, so the diesel economy advantage is diminishing and now you start wondering if it was really worth it buying a tata car only because it is a diesel
revhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2009, 13:27   #799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revhappy View Post
And to add salt to injury, the rogues at petroleum ministry have reduced the prices of petrol by 10 bucks and diesel by only 4 bucks, so the diesel economy advantage is diminishing and now you start wondering if it was really worth it buying a tata car only because it is a diesel
Not to worry. Diesel fuel cost per K.M. is still lot more lesser than petrol.

It's not only about difference in fuel price, but the diesel also runs more kms per liter/ has more mileage.

So, difference in economy is still worth it.
Bouncer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2009, 13:31   #800
BHPian

As far as I am concerned, I selected the QJD over the petrol was the sheer torque it provided. I had finalized on the Petrol car, but after only 1 TD of the QJD I changed my mind in a flash. Where-as the Petrol car had to be pushed in city traffic, no such problems were there in the Diesel. I am sure quite a few others would also agree with me. If the price diff between petrol & diesel were the main contention, then TDi is a fantastic option. Am sure the TDi is a fantastic VFM as far as diesel is concerned.
Old 9th February 2009, 13:37   #801
BHPian

Hello Guys

I am getting really worried now. How many of you guys have such serious problems with the vista till now. My anniversary edition vista have gone for first service with the following issues to be sorted out

1 . AC fan creating a sound when running. They are changing the blower motor for this

2. The Dickey lock doest work. They are changing it

3. Left door lock doesnt work . Changing it

4. Rear right door dont close properly. Beading will be changed

5. gear lever having a jerk when accelerator is released or engaged. They are telling they have solved. Have to check when we get the delivery of the car

No major problems there. But seeing the problems that people have withing 10K kms I am a worried man. I fought with my wife, friends and parents to get this vehicle. Every one was bent with getting the swift or the Ikon. It was me who put the foot down and made sure I got this. If its not good then i have had it .

So guys please update me. Does every one have such problems or is it a case of a car being a lemon.
Baburajs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2009, 13:48   #802
Senior - BHPian

Baburaj, there are not yet read bad reports about the Indica Vista, so far; on this forum. While there are couple of threads started by owners, and some nigglihg issues are reported, they have been sorted out at next service. (1st service is at 1K - why do you mention 10K?).

It will be a good idea for you to start a new thread in the ownership section.
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2009, 13:55   #803
BHPian

People... I feel all of us are really getting worked-up with our respective cars. Believe you me the car is not that bad also. I can completely understand what everyone's going through, since even I have faced a number of issues. Even my Maruti Zen that I had bought more than 5 years back had some niggling problems. In fact the Zen also had the same problem with the driver's side window running jammed. Maruti took almost 6 months before they changed the winding system. But when the Zen started rattling after just 5000 Kms, Maruti hardly did anything to rectify the problem. To make matters worse, Vitesse agreed to the fact that Maruti did tend to rattle after a certain mileage, I was unlucky that in my case it was just 5000 kms.
One thing surprising & funny is the similarity in the problems being faced by all of us. My suggestion is that we enlist all the problems we are facing or have faced till date along with a solution for the same. This will help us in foreseeing problems that might come our way. I'll initiate.
1) Clutch Failure - Problem attributed to engine mounts not being tight, result of which the supply pipe to the clutch assembly simply came lose & emptied all the liquid, resulting in the car coming to a grinding halt. - Preventive Solution - Please get the mounts checked ASAP.
2) Rattle from left hand side - Workshop changed the anti-roll bar bushing. Rattle continued. Noises finally zeroed down on lose door nuts. Problem will be rectified today.
Request others also to contribute to the list.
Old 9th February 2009, 15:19   #804
Senior - BHPian

I think we are getting too critical of Tata here... my cousin's 3 mont old Vista run 8k's kms is running without any issues what so ever.
extreme_torque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2009, 15:21   #805
BHPian

Guys do you know how to remove Warning Buzzer in Indica Vista? I did it. And what.. you can fit this buzzer to terra model then it also has topend features like warning buzzers...

Just look at theright side of steering just beside bonnet opener. You will find small lid type thing. Just pull it then you can access all electricals of your car. There is one plugged speaker. Just remove it and you are done.

Initially in my Aura it was not there. I think dealer might have removed it. As I paid for this feature I took this speaker and put on for two days. After enjoying this irritating feature I removed it again.

Can anybody upload the picture of this section. Because I can see lot of empty sockets. Can anybody explain for what purpose these provisions are there?
sushantr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2009, 15:26   #806

Guys, I understand. Maybe I am getting to critical. But this is only after buying 2 cars from Tata. How many of you can say honestly that if your first car of a particular brand is giving problems, you will buy the second car of the same brand? I am critical but because i have experienced it. I have Toyota and recently sold my Chevy Optra which I had for 4 years. Never had any complaints about them.
Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2009, 16:10   #807
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
I think we are getting too critical of Tata here... my cousin's 3 mont old Vista run 8k's kms is running without any issues what so ever.
Still i dont think the niggling probs should also come in just 3 months of ownership. So many reports of problems are not good for Vista.
harry10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2009, 16:13   #808
Distinguished - BHPian

Too critical - cmon bro!

My 9100km run Swift VDi, has had zero issues since the day it was bought and till date.

The only problems are two (which i knew in advance):
a. Rattling from every corner on bad roads On good roads, its quite less (or i'm deaf!)
b. The pathetic steering which is EPS and zero feedback in crunch situations.

Aside from that its been a Honda - fill it, shut it, forget it!

I don't see why people should be satisfied with all those niggles!
phamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2009, 16:18   #809
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
My 9100km run Swift VDi, has had zero issues since the day it was bought and till date.
Dude, these kinda sentences have to end with a touchwood.

Unfortunately, its typical TATA. The first 10k kms see a lot of parts failing and getting replaced. Hopefully, it will be better after that.

But- No Tata cars for me (except the Nano probably)
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2009, 16:26   #810
BHPian

If all the issues regarding Vista is looked at, its very easy to come to the conclusion that everybody has almost the same problems - The left power window, the dickie lock not functioning, the sound when braking etc(except a very few serious niggles like mavericks and junys).

Its plain truth that TATA, although makes some minor mistakes, tends to learn really fast and plug in the hole. So i guess and there are niggles in ours because we were the first buyers and that theyll get these issues resolved on the next batches of Vistas they produce.
BloodHound is offline   Reply With Quote