Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 9th February 2009, 16:34   #811
Senior - BHPian

Guys, please do not convert this into another Tata Vs. Rest bashing thread. Please!!!!

?????

Let us wait for Baburaj to comeback with his car and feed back post 1st service.
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2009, 13:30   #812
BHPian

A lot of bad things have been said about the Vista. Niggling problems are being faced by one & all, me included in that list. However this is 1 statement that I have to make here -
This car drives like a dream on the Highway!!! Honestly I am floored by the manner in which I could take 5 adults & a boot filled to the brim with luggage in utmost comfort. None of us felt tired after covering 200 kms in one go. I managed to touch 145 Kms (with AC) & maintained the same for almost 2 mins, b4 my wife's attention feel on the Speedo & she ordered me to slow down at once. I could not ignore the order. I am sure ppl have gone much faster in their cars, but the confidence the Vista exuded is something stupendous. The steering was not shaky at all & I didn’t even feel I was going fast. Very very stable is the only thing I would like to say.
I had also kept a check on the mileage (brim to brim method) & the car returned a decent average of 18.9 Km/Ltr. Not bad considering I was doing 3 digit speeds almost throughout the journey.
I am sure ppl who have taken this car on the highway will definitely agree with me. Those who have not, please take a road trip ASAP. It’s a super thrill in this car!!!
Maverick1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2009, 14:13   #813
BHPian

with it. This car is brilliant on the highways. It is actually a good balance between a city car and a highway car.
Due to its lack of boot and high seating, it is easy to manuvour and park it in the city even though its is wide, I can take it without fear on the busy streets of bangalore with millimeters of distance between me and the vehicles on the right,left, front and back thats due to the high seating.

On the highways need I say more, this car gives you the confidence to take it to really long trips without taking any rest and it will just roll on and on an on munching miles all the way. Any tiny car like santro, i10, A* wouldnt give the same confidence.

I am yet to test the top speed on the TDi engine though, since the last time I had the steering wheel vibration issue above 100, need to see if that is gone after the wheel balancing.

Last edited by revhappy : 16th February 2009 at 14:24.
revhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2009, 14:14   #814
BHPian

I have finished my first service and they have fixed all the issues. Th beadings were changed. The fan blower motor was changed. The dickey lock also works now.

I have a question though. The dickey lock can be opened by the key only after I open the central lock. Is it so for all hatches.

And Yes its a dream car on the high way . Did some runs of the highway and there its a real monster. It handles like a dream and the steering feel is the same at 100 and 10. I am really happy with the car till now. Have done around 500 Kms after the first service and no problems what so ever till now.
Baburajs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2009, 14:26   #815
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baburajs View Post
The dickey lock can be opened by the key only after I open the central lock. Is it so for all hatches.
Correct me if I am wrong, but R U trying to say that the boot cannot be opened even with the key, without unlocking the car? If such a thing is possible then it makes news to me. In fact it will be a good feature since many a times I forget to unlock the car 1st & open the boot only to make the Autocop go off. Also I dont think this feature is present in any other hatch. Please let me know how this is possible in your car.
Happy to learn that U have not been facing any problems since Ur 1st service.
Old 16th February 2009, 14:29   #816
rkg
Senior - BHPian

I have taken the Vista on a 3000 Km trip in Jan 2009.(Bangalore-Vizag-srilakulam-Vizag-Viziawada-Amaravati-guntur-nellore-Tirupati-Bangalore)

Average Milage was 18+ with 100% AC

max Speed 155 KMPH

Average speed 90-100 Kmph
( Tirupati to Viziawada) 400 + Km in 4.5 hours.

5 adults + 7 year old kid + lauggage upto brim

I have opened the boot with key even without opening central lock many times.

Current ODO reading 7300 km

Last edited by rkg : 16th February 2009 at 14:35.
rkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2009, 14:53   #817
BHPian

Guys after a really long time, I am happy to say that for the very 1st time my family has approved my choice for going in for the Vista. Till now it was raining only criticism, but after this trip one & all agree that the journey would not have been the same in the Swift.
Old 16th February 2009, 16:26   #818

Maverick, just got back by QDJ Aura from 2nd service. Here is the feedback:

Power Windows problem gone. Although the front left still squeaks on the way up.
There was a noise front right everytime the car went over a pothole. Thats gone.
Power Steering auto centering problem remains.The workshop claims they cannot do anything about it.
The central locking is supposed to unlock and lock all doors upon engine on/off. This it does on its own whim.
The squeaking brakes now squeak only the first 3 times during the day. Thereafter no noise.

Tell me Isn't all these problems weird or Am I crazy? Am i not justified in criticising TATA?
Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2009, 16:34   #819
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
......the confidence the Vista exuded is something stupendous. The steering was not shaky at all & I didnít even feel I was going fast. Very very stable is the only thing I would like to say....
......I am sure ppl who have taken this car on the highway will definitely agree with me. ..
Quote:
Originally Posted by revhappy View Post
.....I am yet to test the top speed on the TDi engine though, since the last time I had the steering wheel vibration issue above 100, need to see if that is gone after the wheel balancing.
My Vista TDi has done 3200 kms, mostly on Mumbai Pune expressway. Have touched 160 kmph on this road many times and was there for considerable amount of time. This is with 2 persons on board with A/c.
No streering vibration issue at all. Revhappy, wheel balancing and alignment should cure your problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baburajs View Post
...I have a question though. The dickey lock can be opened by the key only after I open the central lock. Is it so for all hatches....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
Correct me if I am wrong, but R U trying to say that the boot cannot be opened even with the key, without unlocking the car? .....
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
...I have opened the boot with key even without opening central lock many times...
OE central locking has no connection with boot door. I can open the dicky with key, without opening central lock.
Bouncer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2009, 19:08   #820
BHPian

maybe its a special feature of the indica vista anniversary edition. Any other anniversary owners here?..
BloodHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2009, 13:33   #821
BHPian

I dont know but my vistas boot opens only after I open the central lock.
Old 17th February 2009, 17:28   #822
BHPian

Spock, I never said that the car didnít have its share of problems. In fact I have taken it to the workshop so many times that the manager know me by my 1st name. Some of the problems being mentioned by you are being faced by me also, viz.:
1) Noise form the underbody, though mine comes from the left hand side & sounds like a Thud.
2) Power Steering centering problem continue to haunt this car (mine included) & I guess even Tata Motors donít have a solution for it.
3) Breaks on my car scream every day in the morning & the screams turn into silent purr by evening. But it does continue. Again, as usual they do not have a solution for this either. The works manager is so fed up with this prob of mine, he's told me to write-in to some Sr. person at TML.
Friends why dont we form a cartel & then approach Tata Motors & get ALL our cars done up at the same time?
Old 17th February 2009, 21:40   #823
BHPian

Hello Maverick. I second that brilliant idea. Lets do that and see what TATA have to say.
Old 18th February 2009, 10:16   #824
BHPian

maverick! thats a brilliant idea. i have tried writing to TML on my own on numerous occassions but not to much of avail.
Together we can and we will make a difference

kunal2202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2009, 11:25   #825
Ice
BHPian

Show your cars some love, mates. Being a 3 time fiat customer, I know the sinking feeling every time some niggle crops up, especially if its new. But these niggles occur (in varying degrees) in all vehicles.

My suggestion (easier said than done, probably): Remember all the reasons you bought her for in the first place. Talk to her (silly, but it pacifies you). Clean her yourself, and try to fix as many of the minor niggles yourself. Most importantly, collect all your frustration in a compartment in your mind, and let loose at the a.s.s.!

Try it..it worked with my beauties
Ice is offline   Reply With Quote