Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 25th February 2009, 17:23   #841
BHPian

Default Tata! Airbag & ABS please

Yes, Tata! Airbag & ABS please
TeddyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2009, 14:21   #842
BHPian

Just wondering if they will have an option of retrofitting ABS. For sure its is possible but will they give such an option. If they give i will surely take that if its less that say 35 K.
Baburajs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2009, 11:46   #843
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyBear View Post
Yes, Tata! Airbag & ABS please
yes its time now tata start offering safety measures in their cars, atleast as options in vista and upcoming models.
vijaythacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2009, 16:38   #844
BHPian

i am shocked to read about the bad experiences of spock regarding his Vista. my Vista is nearing 7000Kms and behaves as good as new even now (touchwood) - not even a rattle! the only problem I had before the second service was a crunching sound from the suspension whenever the car descended from a speed breaker. that was rectified and its been silent since then. the torquey engine's a beauty and I have no complaint about it.

in the past I had an Indica V2 for 5 years and the only big problem I faced with it was when I had to replace the self starter assembly (@around 7000/-) 4 years after purchase.

Last edited by CtrlAltDel : 28th February 2009 at 16:42.
CtrlAltDel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2009, 08:42   #845
BHPian

Hello CAD. Me also having the same crunching sound when going through the humps. Feels like its coming from the front shocks. What did you do to rectify this. Other than this my Vista is also running great at 3400 Kms.
Baburajs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2009, 10:14   #846
BANNED

LE vista's are not on sale now, any idea of how many of them were company able to sell, as dealers in my city were able to sell one each and one dealer was able to sell 3.
Old 2nd March 2009, 21:47   #847
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baburajs View Post
Hello CAD. Me also having the same crunching sound when going through the humps. Feels like its coming from the front shocks. What did you do to rectify this. Other than this my Vista is also running great at 3400 Kms.
i got it rectified during the regular free service. dunno what they did but heard no more 'crunches' after that...
CtrlAltDel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2009, 22:52   #848
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Vista has already started giving me problems. I would like you to read the thread at the following link and if anyone can help me out, it would be really great.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...roblems-4.html (Indica Vista - list of Known problems)

Regards,
Kailash
kailashnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2009, 21:15   #849
BHPian

Default What is the FE of your Vista

Hi Guys,

I would like to know the FE of your Vistas.

My car has done about 3700kms so far and the FE has settled to 14.5 for in city driving with lots of idling at bangalore's signals.

Earlier i used to turn on the AC rarely but the last week I have kept the AC ON almost all the time as Bangalore has become very hot these days and still the FE is 14.5. I keep the AC only at the 1st number and hence I think the FE is not affected much.

Also as a bonus the pickup doesnt reduce at all when the AC is turned on unlike some of the smaller petrol cars.

Overall I am really pleased with my choice of the Car
Wishing every other Vista owner is happy as well, and hope Tata fixes all the niggling issues that some of us are having without much trouble.

Cheers,
Nitin
revhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2009, 19:47   #850
BHPian

I'm getting an average of 15kmpl for my quadrajet with full A/C, but then, one really cant say Trivandrum is as much a city as its less crowded than bangalore is

And btw, the olden petrol engines (like the one in my '98 model 800) used to lose pickup when AC gets switched on because the the power driving the AC was directly controlled by the engine, but in most new age cars, especially diesel, they are a totally different independant system(like in our Vista).
BloodHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2009, 13:23   #851
BANNED

from last few days, i am seeing this anniversary edition vista parked opposite to tyre's dealers on bhulabhai park, which alloys were removed and the wheelcap is fitted which is on other models of vista, looks very annoying to waste that splendid looks of this model.
Old 7th March 2009, 14:47   #852
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
from last few days, i am seeing this anniversary edition vista parked opposite to tyre's dealers on bhulabhai park, which alloys were removed and the wheelcap is fitted which is on other models of vista, looks very annoying to waste that splendid looks of this model.
Do you mean removing alloys and installing steel rims with wheelcaps.
Why would anybody do that, unless there are issues with the alloys?
revhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2009, 15:05   #853
Senior - BHPian

"BloodHound-And btw, the olden petrol engines (like the one in my '98 model 800) used to lose pickup when AC gets switched on because the the power driving the AC was directly controlled by the engine, but in most new age cars, especially diesel, they are a totally different independant system(like in our Vista)."
All ACs in cars are driven by the engine. Only thing different is that these engines are more powerful than the earlier ones so though there is drop in performance you would not notice. However if you fit 5 adults into the car and switch on the AC you may notice the drop in pick up.
"Baburajs-Just wondering if they will have an option of retrofitting ABS. For sure its is possible but will they give such an option. If they give i will surely take that if its less that say 35 K."
Dont think so as i learnt in this forum somewhere.

Last edited by goandude : 7th March 2009 at 15:16. Reason: quoted post didnt show up as a box so had to insert ""
goandude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2009, 17:01   #854
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodHound View Post
but in most new age cars, especially diesel, they are a totally different independant system(like in our Vista).
What is different about the AC system in the Vista?
trrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2009, 17:01   #855
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

What is different about the AC system in the Vista?
Oops, my mistake.. i generalized it too much i guess! Yup goandude ure absolutely right, all the ACs are driven directly by the engine.

But the point i was trying to make was, in the modern cars The a\c has got more power allotted just for them, so we dont feel large drops in power, generally(unless when fully loaded, like goandude mentioned).

@ trrk - i was just trying to generalize b/w olden and newer generation cars. Guess i shouldve used different wordings! sorry if i mislead you.
BloodHound is offline   Reply With Quote